OT: The It City ... (RTOTD v.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
He never apologized for that. Probably thought we didn't know what everyone else was chanting.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I just made it last night when I was messing around with photoshop :sarcasm:

Is Wendy some kind of metaphor for a dirty pirate hooker?

Look, I don't care if fans of other teams decide to come in here to talk about off topic things, but phrases like "dirty pirate hooker" aren't going to fly. We try to keep this family friendly as much as possible.

Let's be mindful of others, OK? Otherwise you'll find yourself flying out of the door face first (metaphorically speaking).

That isn't directed solely at you, Sherm. Just a general warning.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'm about as far from Nashville as you can get, without being in Canada.

Though I happen to be further north than all but four teams in the NHL (Ottawa is debatable IMO).

Your in Hawaii or Alaska?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
New Sounds Logo:

Bzg9D_UCQAEaxkV.jpg:large

http://nashville.sounds.milb.com/ne...id=98034748&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_t556&sid=t556

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Apparently all pro teams in Nashville (except the Titans who are special) + Vanderbilt will be represented by the color gold. Will make decorating with the little banners easier, I suppose. Just make 'em all gold with a guitar pick on them and leave off the name.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Oh. My. God. That logo is absolutely horrible.

Apparently all pro teams in Nashville (except the Titans who are special) + Vanderbilt will be represented by the color gold. Will make decorating with the little banners easier, I suppose. Just make 'em all gold with a guitar pick on them and leave off the name.

From the team:
"Broadway Burnt Orange, Sunburst Tan, Neon Orange, and Cash Black make up the club's new official colors."

No gold anywhere. I personally think this is terrrrrrrible.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Technically, the "gold" that's on our t-shirts is closer to "school bus" than "gold", too.

It's gold-ish and close enough.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Technically, the "gold" that's on our t-shirts is closer to "school bus" than "gold", too.

It's gold-ish and close enough.

Well if you want to get technical, it is hard to replicate the color gold. I guess the closest you could get is some hideous shade of tan like what the Penguins and Vanderbilt uses, but you couldn't replicate the shiny part that makes it gold.

And to the point of calling yellow gold, my college is just as guilty. We were the Golden Eagles and our colors were yellow (basically the same shade) and purple.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND

This was genuinely my reaction:

2142317272.jpg

Sadly, that's not the case, but it would make sense for every team to have some blue and gold in the color scheme, because those are the colors on the city flag and seal. That's what Pittsburgh's teams do, and, really, wouldn't it make sense for a team whose name comes from the mythological Golden Age of Man (the Titans) to have some gold in the color scheme?

ladypredsfan

Oct 12, 2007
Remember all the marketing stuff they did when the Preds first came to town? They gave away cars, trucks, boats and even a house!! THey had those swipe cards that you could redeem for all kinds of stuff. Season ticket holders always got a bunch of stuff too.

ChesterCopperpot1*

My friends in Seattle who are Preds fans might beg to differ, but I digress. Of course they grew up here so I don't know if that counts.

I'm a Preds fan in Phoenix. Used to live in Vegas but I am from Nashville.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
There's not a national following, but we are kind of getting a "everybody's second favorite team" vibe of late among established hockey fans. That's the bandwagon I'm referring to.

Sorry thought Dallas was everyone's darling this year.

ChesterCopperpot1*

If the Titans do rebrand like has been runored, I'd like to see them change colors and logos and move to a gold look. Gold is such a good color. I wouldn't mind going black and gold like Vandy or blue and gold like the Preds.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If the Titans do rebrand like has been runored, I'd like to see them change colors and logos and move to a gold look. Gold is such a good color. I wouldn't mind going black and gold like Vandy or blue and gold like the Preds.

I don't think they'd ever choose black and gold simply because of the Steelers, but gold with blue accents might be nice. Do any other NFL teams have a predominant gold color for uniforms? Can't think of any.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I don't think they'd ever choose black and gold simply because of the Steelers, but gold with blue accents might be nice. Do any other NFL teams have a predominant gold color for uniforms? Can't think of any.

Steelers are more yellow though. Wouldn't really be close to the Steelers if they went with Vandy's gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad