OT: The It City ... (RTOTD v.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Just a small PSA, my practice in Cheatham co, has had 8 positive flu tests since Friday. Wash your hands, stay home if you are sick, drink lots of water etc. thanks to genetic drift, the flu shot is about 50% effective. :help:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
As someone else said, what field. We have an opening in an Accounting/IT type position.
How long is that open? If I can't finagle a title upgrade and subsequent pay raise in a few months, I might have to shop around. ;)
(well, okay, to be fair, the only part I'm worried about with that is the fact that I've never actually had to request such a thing before and so I'm nervous. :D )

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
As someone else said, what field. We have an opening in an Accounting/IT type position.

Well I've spent the last 7 1/2 years as a Correctional Officer with the Davidson County Sheriff's Office.

Prior to that I was at Verizon Wireless in the call center, Frugal MacDoogals, and started really working at Game Crazy when it opened in Smyrna.

I'm very interested in an accounting/IT position. I know I may not meet certain qualifications but I'm a hard worker and I learn things easily.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So...I was looking at one of my favorite blogs, Dr. Grumpy in the House, and he had posted this as a potential gift for the scantily clad woman with a fish calendar aficionado in YOUR house and...it was in German. Some of the Dr. Grumpy comments were that the answers were "hilarious".

http://drgrumpyinthehouse.blogspot.com/2014/12/dr-grumpys-gift-guide_9.html

I don't speak German and didn't have either of my kids handy so I used a translator device on the internet. One of the words was "Trotz". Apparently Trotz translates to... "Despite"

How on earth did a preposition end up being a surname?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Wish everyone well, pack up your things and leave. Whether it's temporary or permanent, you still need to keep your sense of decorum about yourself. Everyone is aware that it's a painful process.

Unless you have been told it is temporary, hit the pavement. It'll be harder to find anything but temporary work in December, but do what you can. If it was simply because of a lack of work, remember it isn't you--employers simply can't keep people on if they're going to go under by doing it. There are a lot of costs associated with each employee that most people don't realize. And if it was for cause, try to figure out how to avoid it in the future. Sometimes a person's personality or skill set is not appropriate for a job--it happens. We've had talented folks here who just weren't a good fit. Find a different kind of job or maybe the same job with different people. Just keep your cool, even if you think your employers or coworkers are mean, snarky and out to get you.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Wish everyone well, pack up your things and leave. Whether it's temporary or permanent, you still need to keep your sense of decorum about yourself. Everyone is aware that it's a painful process.

Unless you have been told it is temporary, hit the pavement. It'll be harder to find anything but temporary work in December, but do what you can. If it was simply because of a lack of work, remember it isn't you--employers simply can't keep people on if they're going to go under by doing it. There are a lot of costs associated with each employee that most people don't realize. And if it was for cause, try to figure out how to avoid it in the future. Sometimes a person's personality or skill set is not appropriate for a job--it happens. We've had talented folks here who just weren't a good fit. Find a different kind of job or maybe the same job with different people. Just keep your cool, even if you think your employers or coworkers are mean, snarky and out to get you.

Which I did. They love both the owner, President, and my boss loved me.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Wait, wait... what?

The Jackals DUMPED you?

What, they found out you were a Predator fan or something?

I hadn't scored a sale. Much like Nashville in the early days, they had trouble with the games before New Years. Ironically, I've gotten 2 calls for tickets on my phone. LOL! Day late, dollar short.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
scalp tickets

go to Upstate NY breweries and buy up as much of the small batch releases and then "trade" them on beer trade forums

Very good idea but It is not my job any more. Just look at the ECHL east division and know that Reading & Elmira are the smallest markets.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Anyone else think Stephen Colbert is going to flop as Lettermans replacement?

The "Colbert Report" persona is all anyone knows, and he has said he's not going to be using that on the Late Show

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Anyone else think Stephen Colbert is going to flop as Lettermans replacement?

The "Colbert Report" persona is all anyone knows, and he has said he's not going to be using that on the Late Show

I think if his interview on The Letterman Show says anything, he'll be just fine. (though it does annoy me that Dave used the term "begs the question" incorrectly...)

In other news, my uncle went from dying of HVC to FREAKIN' CURED. Medical science is amazing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad