Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
$400 million project reimagines Lower Broadway

From the Tennessean about the old convention center site and its future development: Tennessean Article

Emery%20project%202.png

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
OK so between the stepsons soccer banquet and the elections i forgot there was a hockey game tonite... looks like I didnt miss much...

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
just saw a video on evening news about the poppy installation around the tower of london. was an incredible sight from the air, the poppies completely encircled the whole building.

Couldn't find the exact same video, but some of the pictures people might like.

Reminded me of the discussion in some thread where people didn't know about the red poppies that the broadcasters wear in November.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...closed-weekend-sparking-visitor-backlash.html

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Although my dad was in the Navy and my maternal grandfather was in the Army (WWI), we were not a military family, per se--they rarely talked about their time in the service and my grandfather would certainly not share any war stories or experiences with his granddaughter--he was old school. I knew what the poppies were for when Americans wore them, but it was usually right at Veteran's Day. Seeing all the Canadian men wear them on November 1 back in 2002 or so was puzzling. But it was explained and I thought, oh, okay. I understand now. Everyone sees it for the first time at some point and "veterans" and "war" don't always come to mind first when you're watching a hockey game, even if it is November.

Oh, and the pictures are just awesome!

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Although my dad was in the Navy and my maternal grandfather was in the Army (WWI), we were not a military family, per se--they rarely talked about their time in the service and my grandfather would certainly not share any war stories or experiences with his granddaughter--he was old school. I knew what the poppies were for when Americans wore them, but it was usually right at Veteran's Day. Seeing all the Canadian men wear them on November 1 back in 2002 or so was puzzling. But it was explained and I thought, oh, okay. I understand now. Everyone sees it for the first time at some point and "veterans" and "war" don't always come to mind first when you're watching a hockey game, even if it is November.

Oh, and the pictures are just awesome!

Yes, yes they are ... *wipes tear*

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
*goes into a lotus position.*

I'm not freaking out because I'm going to be working in hockey. I'm not freaking out because I'm going to be working in hockey. I'M GOING TO BE WORKING IN HOCKEY!!!! I'm calm. I'm the serenist

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
*goes into a lotus position.*

I'm not freaking out because I'm going to be working in hockey. I'm not freaking out because I'm going to be working in hockey. I'M GOING TO BE WORKING IN HOCKEY!!!! I'm calm. I'm the serenist

I think that's me, but you're thinking the right way, Grasshopper. :nod:

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
You can buy one of the poppies from the display. The money goes to military charities. It is amazing display!

Last edited:

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Yep, a lot of construction happening in Nashville right now and going forward. You have The SoBro currently being constructed at 3rd and Demonbreun along with this announcement at 4th and Demonbreun starting next summer.

The SoBro is going to be around 345' while the Bridgestone building could be 36+ floors at 505'.

To put that into perspective the Pinnacle building is 29 floors at 417'.

You'll also have a 35 floor J W Marriot hotel with an adjoining 20 floor office building possibly being constructed at 8th and Demonbreun next to the MCC. That project could begin summer 2015 as well.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yep, a lot of construction happening in Nashville right now and going forward. You have The SoBro currently being constructed at 3rd and Demonbreun along with this announcement at 4th and Demonbreun starting next summer.

The SoBro is going to be around 345' while the Bridgestone building could be 36+ floors at 505'.

To put that into perspective the Pinnacle building is 29 floors at 417'.

You'll also have a 35 floor J W Marriot hotel with an adjoining 20 floor office building possibly being constructed at 8th and Demonbreun next to the MCC. That project could begin summer 2015 as well.

Whatever happened to that one building that was gonna be the tallest in the south? Cant remember what is was called but one season the opening night free t shirt was sponsored by that tower, and then nothing ever happened

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
For those who have been around forever, Pinnacle is the old First American National Bank founders. Which was the site where the Saber - toothed cat remains were found. A molded model of t h e bones used to be on display in the lobby. A tooth was actually stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia