TV: The Grand Tour

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I see the 260 million as something like a movie budget and Top Gear has a much better chance of bringing in Star Wars level money than something like John Carter

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Even though its on Amazon, I'm still going to watch the show like I usually did with the BBC, the same way millions of others do as well.....cough wink cough whatnot.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I just discovered an 'episode' of Top Gear I didn't know existed. It's maybe some filler to hold us over for awhile. Just started watching so I'm not sure if it's any good - seems to be about gardening? Landscaping? What the ****ing Holy Hell?

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Thanks for posting that, I've also never heard of it. The Wikipedia entry for it is hilarious though:

Regular Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond take over sportsman Steve Redgrave's garden, to dispense advice on creating a zero maintenance lawn, installing an impressive water feature and getting rid of unwanted plants. Naturally, disaster ensues.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Thanks for posting that, I've also never heard of it. The Wikipedia entry for it is hilarious though:
It wasn't a full length special - only about 40 minutes, but I thought it was fantastic.

It's a good example of Top Gear being a success because of the three middle aged guys who present it and the chemistry between them first and foremost. You can have them on a landscaping program and it's still hilarious. They are The Beatles of television.

Hell, I may have found another.

Last edited:

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I just discovered an 'episode' of Top Gear I didn't know existed. It's maybe some filler to hold us over for awhile. Just started watching so I'm not sure if it's any good - seems to be about gardening? Landscaping? What the ****ing Holy Hell?

Ground Force was a gardening show in the UK where someone's garden was in dire condition and the wife/husband/whoever would commission Ground Force to come and give it a makeover while the person was away, and when they got home they would be surprised by their new garden.

Top Gear did a crossover with this show to give multi Olympic gold medal winning rower Sir Steve Redgrave's garden a makeover which would be shown on Comic Relief also known as Red Nose Day, I believe this has now recently become a thing in the US as well? It's basically a children's charity day based on comedy.

Honestly I think it's one of the most hilarious things Top Gear has ever done

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Ground Force was a gardening show in the UK where someone's garden was in dire condition and the wife/husband/whoever would commission Ground Force to come and give it a makeover while the person was away, and when they got home they would be surprised by their new garden.

Top Gear did a crossover with this show to give multi Olympic gold medal winning rower Sir Steve Redgrave's garden a makeover which would be shown on Comic Relief also known as Red Nose Day, I believe this has now recently become a thing in the US as well? It's basically a children's charity day based on comedy.

Honestly I think it's one of the most hilarious things Top Gear has ever done
Yeah I enjoyed it a lot. :nod:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Can someone explain to an American all the Peugeot hatred? Is this an actual thing in Europe overall or is it just the Top Gear crew?

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Can someone explain to an American all the Peugeot hatred? Is this an actual thing in Europe overall or is it just the Top Gear crew?

They generally hate everything that is French made (sometimes Citroën gets a pass). Peugeot isn't generally seen as a top choice outside of France here in Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad