TV: The Grand Tour

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
It's not even the first ad he's done for them. Look three posts up.

I honestly don't know what could go wrong with a service like that :sarcasm:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Finally got to see the Top Gear episode from the lost season where Hammond is marooned on a mountain near the BC/Alberta border and Jeremy and James have to rescue him by blasting across the interior in two souped-up pickups.

I was all stoked when I heard Top Gear would be in Vancouver, but all they do is stop at YVR for autographs and photos with fans before having breakfast in Hope. Funny bit where they stopped at Canadian Tire (the camera lingered over the store signage, possibly for the UK audience to marvel at the existence of a store in the colonies) and Jeremy bought sunglasses with a bottle opener on them. Definitely the biggest laugh was on about day 4 for Hammond getting progressively angrier at having been abandoned in the snow while James and Jeremy browse for souvenirs and spout Top Gear rhetoric about their pickups; he rips apart his homemade snowshoes, builds wooden effigies of his cohosts, and narrates their conversation. "Ooh, I'll tell you all about how I like to leave Hammond alone on a mountain, because I just love talking about myself!" Then he starts throwing knives at them. "AAH! YEAH! I GOT YOU!!! AAAAAH, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

RIP true Top Gear.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
As long as the Amazon version does similar crazy ****...and based on the use of Reliant's as "company cars" I am confident...it'll all be OK

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Lord Moriarty007

Lets go Avs & Bolts!
May 1, 2013
Denver, CO/Orlando,FL
here in London what some of us are talking about is that stuff was filmed with the German girl (if you watch top gear--you kno who the German girl is) but now she is no longer part of the show. New show is starting in May--3 months after the original plan

If is true. I don't care about the new Top Gear. I wanted Sabine to be a presenter.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
here in London what some of us are talking about is that stuff was filmed with the German girl (if you watch top gear--you kno who the German girl is) but now she is no longer part of the show. New show is starting in May--3 months after the original plan

Sabine and Chris Harris were the most interesting part of the new lineup.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Supposedly they wanted a name with international recognition - Top Gear was huge internationally with the previous 3, but while Chris Evans is a big name in the UK, no one has heard of him in the rest of the world. Hence why they've picked MLB, someone known around the world.

So just the 3rd presenter now - am expecting a woman, but there are also persistent rumours of a racing driver like Jenson Button.

Apaharn

Aug 12, 2008
Supposedly they wanted a name with international recognition - Top Gear was huge internationally with the previous 3, but while Chris Evans is a big name in the UK, no one has heard of him in the rest of the world. Hence why they've picked MLB, someone known around the world.

So just the 3rd presenter now - am expecting a woman, but there are also persistent rumours of a racing driver like Jenson Button.

Susie Wolff. :sarcasm:

(i.e. why not both? I know, she technically retired, but still...)

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I prefer the German girl--wolfe is toooooo upper class and full of herself--does not come off well in interviews

Yeah I'd prefer Sabine whatsherface. I just can't stand Wolfe's whole "believe in yourself girls, and you can do anything!" Yes Susie, all they have to do is marry one of the most powerful executives in F1 and then they too can get a seat they don't have the talent for!

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Chris Evans? Captain America?
I can see where one might get confused.

chris-evans-gg-11jan16-03.jpg

chris-evans-top-gear.jpg

It's the bottom one, This one

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
So the official line up has been announced:

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/meet-your-new-top-gear-presenters

Chris Evans (Ferrari nut, annoying ginger)
Some random bloke you've never heard of who is a supposed "youtube star"*
Joey from friends
German professional test driver. Ticks the female diversity box - but on merit!!!!
Some random black bloke you've never heard of*
Former F1 team owner who made a career as a commentator by saying and doing stupid, idiotic things all the time.
The Stig

* To be fair, we'd never heard of Hammond and May pre Top Gear either.

Well, it's going to be interesting to see how this all pans out.......

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Some random black bloke you've never heard of who is a supposed "youtube star"

I've absolutely heard of Chris Harris - he is the most respectable reviewer there and they're lucky to have him. He and Sabine are the only reason I'll be giving this likely dumpster fire the time of day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad