TV: The Grand Tour

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Seems Clarkson's big fat head and mouth got himself into trouble again and it might cost him two shows.

Edit: is he now the first person to cancel himself 3 times out of a tv show because of his actions?

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Seems Clarkson's big fat head and mouth got himself into trouble again and it might cost him two shows.

Edit: is he now the first person to cancel himself 3 times out of a tv show because of his actions?
Amazon has confirmed they are not renewing his contract and ITV has delayed shooting the next series of Who wants to be a millionaire till 2024.. After his contract with them has expired

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Amazon has confirmed they are not renewing his contract and ITV has delayed shooting the next series of Who wants to be a millionaire till 2024.. After his contract with them has expired
So that's about to be 4?

It's like he's on a mission to prove all the insults, that Hammond and May have thrown at him over the years, to be correct.

For some reason I imagine James May reading about Grand Tour not being renewed and yelling "CLARKSOOOOON!"

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Clarkson's Farm series 2 was dropped on Friday. I'm on episode 2 and the chili bit in the beginning of episode 2 is one the funniest I've seen on a tv show. :biglaugh:

Also, it's remarkable how Clarkson seems like a different person on this show than on Grand Tour/Top Gear. It seems to have opened his mind to global warming and it's immediate effects on farming. Not to mention Brexit, I recall he and Hammond and Cpt Slow were all against it back then already.

Last edited:

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Clarkson's Farm series 2 was dropped on Friday. I'm on episode 2 and the chili bit in the beginning of episode 2 is one the funniest I've seen on a tv show. :biglaugh:

Also, it's remarkable how Clarkson seems like a different person on this show than on Grand Tour/Top Gear. It seems to have opened his mind to global warming and it's immediate effects on farming. Not to mention Brexit, I recall he and Hammond and Cpt Slow were all against it back then already.
Im through two episodes as well and am enjoying it. But I also would watch pretty much anything he or James May put out (maybe Hammond too, but I find him better playing off the others than solo) so I am not an impartial judge.

If people are looking for a laid back show, with some humor, it's a good one to throw on.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Im through two episodes as well and am enjoying it. But I also would watch pretty much anything he or James May put out (maybe Hammond too, but I find him better playing off the others than solo) so I am not an impartial judge.

If people are looking for a laid back show, with some humor, it's a good one to throw on.
The show also needs to be complimented for how much it highlights and celebrates farming and farmers. Clarkson & Kaleb Cooper won an award fro "Flying the flag for British agriculture" and the awards show is featured on episode 4. It also can't be said more but Kaleb is the man. Always putting Jeremy in his place, roasting and ribbing him while also showing what a real farmer is.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
The show also needs to be complimented for how much it highlights and celebrates farming and farmers. Clarkson & Kaleb Cooper won an award fro "Flying the flag for British agriculture" and the awards show is featured on episode 4. It also can't be said more but Kaleb is the man. Always putting Jeremy in his place, roasting and ribbing him while also showing what a real farmer is.
This is very true, and it's done in a way that isn't patronizing or catering at all. It's just a matter of fact "here is what it's like". One part of the first season that resonated with me was Jeremy talking about some of the expenses and margins, and then throwing in a little "and most farmers can't just go host Who Wants to Be a Millionaire to cover it". Came across self-deprecating and genuine.

I really enjoyed season 1 so I'm looking forward to wrapping up season 2 over the next week or so.

Kaleb is awesome - "My son was born in Oxford, he's foreign".

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Watching episode 5 , Kaleb is truly the man. And I know how hard it is financially for farmers in Finland but it's interesting to see how hard it's for them in the UK as well (and in large, not because of their own doing, ie. Brexit)

Last edited:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I binge watched Clarkson's Farm Season 2. I really liked it although not as much as season 1. Season 2 isn't exactly as uplifting and positive as season 1 was as the main focus is on Clarkson's wars with the city council. Still a great show and loved seeing Charlie and Gerald again. I believe season 3 has already been confirmed as well thankfully.

I'm kind of torn on his fights with the council. I love Clarkson and I love the show but I've also been in the Cotswolds and I can see how people who live there would freak out over the added traffic. It seems like the type of thing where trust was lost due to the unexpected insanity of the farm shop (which the council approved) and that's now made it almost impossible for both sides to get anything done in a practical manner.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just finished season 2 finale. I kind of liked season 2 over season 1. Clarkson's a stupid, blowhard twat that says and does things he probably shouldn't but I was on his side on this restaurant and council business. It was clear that it would be beneficial to the other farmers too, they could make money in hard times. I can understand the shop's popularity caught Clarkson by surprise and the traffic issues it brought caused issues but even in the bureaucratic hell that is Finland, that could've been sorted out. But if if ends up more farmers setting up barn restaurants, then good on them.

Highlights of the season, Kaleb delivering that calf, the chili cooking session with everyone coughing and...Pepper surviving. :yo:

Just checked, last 4 episodes have the highest episode scores of the entire show on IMDB. 9.4, 9.4, 9.5 and 9.7.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaels Arms

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just highlighting that there's a 3rd season of Clarkson's Farm to come yet and 4 Grand Tour specials. Both might be done by 2024.
Jeremy told Time that he reviewed cars for 34 years and that "he's done with it." I really wanted it to work, but Top Gear truly had all the rights/segments to what makes a car show good with The Stig, already proven elements, their legendary track, etc. They tried to replicate too much for TGT and it just didn't work out and you can't really do in-depth 20+ minute car reviews (YouTube already has that covered) for an entertainment show.

I still really like the TGT for the most part, but the presenters are already doing their own thing. Clarkson has his farm which is awesome, but seems he and Amazon are done, May is doing his travel/cooking show(s) which is also fantastic in its own right, and Hammond is doing something car-related that I haven't had a chance to watch yet. In some of the last TGT I've watched, the enthusiasm that they had earlier on in their careers just wasn't there and I think a lot of that came with them growing old (which happens to the best of us).
Freevee has almost all the old Top Gear episodes for free , even the specials.
It's leaving Freevee soon, no idea why or when, but it seems the old episodes just can't get home and I don't know how much I believe the Box Sets on eBay. I want to rewatch the old show, but I haven't had enough time to sit down and get through a season because it tends to leave so many streaming services.

And it seems that Top Gear (UK) has been cancelled for a considerable future with that bloke getting injured. Maybe the BBC sees how many people have gotten injured with it and decides to get rid of it altogether?

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Jeremy told Time that he reviewed cars for 34 years and that "he's done with it." I really wanted it to work, but Top Gear truly had all the rights/segments to what makes a car show good with The Stig, already proven elements, their legendary track, etc. They tried to replicate too much for TGT and it just didn't work out and you can't really do in-depth 20+ minute car reviews (YouTube already has that covered) for an entertainment show.

I still really like the TGT for the most part, but the presenters are already doing their own thing. Clarkson has his farm which is awesome, but seems he and Amazon are done, May is doing his travel/cooking show(s) which is also fantastic in its own right, and Hammond is doing something car-related that I haven't had a chance to watch yet. In some of the last TGT I've watched, the enthusiasm that they had earlier on in their careers just wasn't there and I think a lot of that came with them growing old (which happens to the best of us).

It's leaving Freevee soon, no idea why or when, but it seems the old episodes just can't get home and I don't know how much I believe the Box Sets on eBay. I want to rewatch the old show, but I haven't had enough time to sit down and get through a season because it tends to leave so many streaming services.

And it seems that Top Gear (UK) has been cancelled for a considerable future with that bloke getting injured. Maybe the BBC sees how many people have gotten injured with it and decides to get rid of it altogether?
Having prime can give a path to free view , or purchase. The specials are excellent..

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Nice filming locations that they make much too few of, at least in part because the presenters have already lost too many steps to keep up with anything more. Good opportunities get reduced to the same old gags recycled for the Xth time. One more nostalgia trip for those missing the olden days, but little standalone value anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad