The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I just wonder how much money Wilson thinks he can command given his maddening inconsistency.

Last edited:

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
What's with this idea that we aren't bringing them both back? They both are young top six wingers that are valuable assets. It's not like we don't have the money to sign them since we're about 3.5 million under the cap floor. We clearly have space in our top six for both.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Oduya, Franson, and Ehrhoff are all still UFAs. I don't hate the idea of trading Ekholm/Ellis in a deal for a forward upgrade and signing one of those guys as a replacement (Oduya for Ekholm, Ehrhoff for Ellis).

This is assuming we can trade one of them for a substantial forward upgrade, like Wilson+Ellis for Staal or something.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
Franson then? I think either would be fine on the bottom pairing if we trade Ellis.

Weber-Josi
Ekholm-Jones
Jackman-Ehrhoff/Franson

I think we all saw enough Franson last year to last us a lifetime. I might literally go berserk if Franson is brought back.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I don't get the idea that's there is such a log am in Milwaukee with NHL ready players. I that were the case the Ad's would have been much better the last couple years. aving a istof forwards at camp is a good thing. It gives Lavi the ability to choose those that will move the team forward, rushing young guys is something hey have to get away from. As for Wilson and Smith most likely on will be gone and as time passes it is more possible both may be gone. If the centers work out there is more than enough talent already signed to replace both and hat could be e reason Poile has done what he has. Remember he said he was happy with the roster going into the summer. Well something has changed. The Ribs negoation took a toll but no progresson Smith and Wilson is a sign he had to make some moves.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I just wonder how much money Wilson thinks he can command given his maddening inconsistency.
If we gave him a contract similar to the way he plays, it should be a 4 year deal worth:

15-16: 2.5 mil
16-17: 6.5 mil
17-18: 650k
18-19: 3.75 mil

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
For everyone complaining about Wilson's inconsistency, Smith is almost just as inconsistent/streaky.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
True enough. In Tampa's case though, Ellis isn't displacing Hedman or Stralman off the top line and would likely slot alongside Garrison on the second pairing. Same ballpark.

Eh. I believe GMDP was. Problem being Kessel had no intentions to go to nashville no matter what relationship he had with GMDP.

It didn't matter about nhl network because no one watches that network and he had a list of teams. The same thing about Kesler trade his option was chicago and Anaheim. So the return was weak.

My cable (ATT U-Verse) doesn't offer them, so I don't watch. I am not going back to Time Warner. Even when I had TW, I rarely watched.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I think you keep both Wilson and SMith happily. They are top 6 wingers. They are worth their salt. I think this playoff run will be huge for both of them from a developmental standpoint. That said, it would make sense to move one in a trade if the right trade is there. Otherwise, sign them, put them in their roles, and move on.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
is it just me or has this years free agent season been very unexciting, in general(its been unusually good for us, but league wide I'm sensing a big "meh")

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
is it just me or has this years free agent season been very unexciting, in general(its been unusually good for us, but league wide I'm sensing a big "meh")

Free agency has been a bit boring, yes, but there have been a couple of big trades that came out of nowhere, which was pretty cool. There are still a few good players out there though, but it does seem to be moving along slowly.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I agree, but I guess when Mike Ribeiro is one of the top free agents available, that's to be expected I suppose.

Smashville Spence52

Jul 3, 2015
Smfh

Myself being from Nashville actually going to games, I'm sitting here reading some of the "preds fans" post, and I'm actually getting frustrated with there post. Trade Craig smith and Wilson and nystorm?? Our you kidding me!?!? I agree with some of the nystorm stuff but he his our pk guy, yall saw what happen to our pk when he went down. Smith will be a 30 goal score maybe even more, he's a guy who isn't scared to shoot the puck, we need that! Wilson is just a tough gritty power forward. If we trade anybody it needs too be Wilson not smith. It's so insane some of the post I've read. I agree we have talent sitting in the minors rotting away, but we also have to realize that these guys can be top guys for our team! If we do anything it needs to be getting another net front presence. We need another Patric hornquist I doubt we could get him back but go out and sign Joel ward. If we lose smith, I'm telling you our goals from last year will drop, ALOT!! Polie don't trade smith!!!! Don't. Stop posting stupid stuff. Like lets trade jones for duchene? Are you kidding me? Never would happen. Staal trade?? Hmmm no!! Let's stop dreaming and wake up. We're solid d wise, let's go out get a solid 3rd line. And let's win the cup!!! That's all! Preds fans, let's not trade away our good players for more Ollie chokiens, and fossils... Let's leave the fossil getting to the avs.

P.s. Bring back ERAT FOR SOME 3rd or 4th line depth. Who cares if our fans don't like that! :popcorn:

Smashville Spence52

Jul 3, 2015
That might be a good idea, if Erat was a good depth player, too bad he's been terrible the past 3 years.

Well when you play for one team for most of your entire league, and get traded and not given a true chance but not a 4th line with scrubs your going to be bad. Look who he has been on a line with?? I mean come on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad