GDT: Game 4: Bruins @ Leafs | HNIC | Justice League Edition | Sat Apr 27, 8 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Seems like it. I think it'd make much more sense to put Knies on the 4th since he can play that style of game and have more offensive freedom and Robertson with Marner and Tavares or just keep the 3rd line in tact ad stack that 2nd line with Nylander.
Honestly, I like it, just would've flipped Robo and Jarnkrok, or Jarn to L2, Knies L4

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
Robertson has had at least one good look each game. 4th line has been good at playing heavy down low and they have gotten us a goal, but upside definitely increases with robertson there over dewar.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I think brodie coming in is good, hes still good on the PK. Would've preferred Lyubushkin sitting, but its fine.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Robertson doesn't necessarily deserve to be taken out of the lineup, but the fourth line has been one of the bright spots and I'm not sure his style of play will mesh with Kampf and Reaves. I would try the following bottom six:

Robertson-Holmberg-Nylander
Janrkrok-Kampf-Reaves

As for Brodie, hopefully he can come in rejuvenated and do a better job than Liljegren who has been abused in this series.

Reactions: OddyOh and Zacman

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
A new Villain has threatened the Leafs Nation in the 2023-24 playoffs.

8o7hc7.jpg

Prominent reporter Louis Lane after long hours and hard work was able to identify the name and identity of this new villain. It is none other than....

8o7ge8.jpg

The chief of this villainous organization is known to dive, whine, moan, bitch and cry to get calls. Now has added another new arsenal known as "FAKING" and "CHEATING". "LICKING" has been his trump card which he hasn't used it yet.

GMFqAc3X0AAd0nv

The general manager of the Leafs Nation and Commissioner Gordan a.k.a Keefe were tasked to put together a team to clean out the trash

8o7i8s.jpg

The two important members of the team go in search of the 3rd

8o7e9s.jpg

8o7ex9.jpg

8o7f9j.jpg

The crime syndicate known as HFBoards Mains have been supporting this new villain threatening Leafs Nation but there is a response.....
8o7g1f.jpg

:leafs
Expected SUPER HERO Line Up

Forwards

Domi-Matthews-Bertuzzi
Knies-Tavares-Marner
Nylander*-Holmberg-Jarnkrok
Robertson-Kampf-Reaves

Defense
Rielly-Lyubushkin
Benoit-McCabe
Edmundson-Brodie

Goalies
Samsonov
Woll

:bruins
Expected SUPER VILLAIN Line Up

Forwards

Debrusk-Zacha-Pastrnak
RAT-Coyle-Geekie
JVR-Frederic-Heinen
Beecher-Boqvist-FATTY

Defense
Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wotherspoon-Shattenkirk

Goalie controversy (flip a coin)
Ullmark (?)
Swayman (?)

JUST WIN BABY!!!

8o7j6i.jpg

You won the game thread ! Good job, love the comic :D GLG!

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Biggest decision on this pivotal game in the series is probably obvious to some. Which GDT to post in? Both is the correct answer.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I don't want to see Nylander with JT

Put him on the first line with Matthews. Wasting 11.5M Style on the 3rd line

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I was one of the guys who was furious with the media's low opinion of him.

I was wrong. They were right.

Whew.....that felt good. Admitting defeat is cathartic.

He was poorly developed. He had the potential but Keefe really hasn't developed anyone well. Worst coaching in the league.

Reactions: OddyOh and TMLife17

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He was poorly developed. He had the potential but Keefe really hasn't developed anyone well. Worst coaching in the league.
Nah. Keefe even benched Benoit to let Lil get another shot, at some point it's on the kid. To blame the organization for a fragile psyche and low hockey IQ is just an excuse. Benoit seemed to run with his chance and Keefe put him on the Marlies to start the year , either take your opportunities or lose them.

It's time to get physical. Nothing to lose.
Isn't this the most physical playoff series? Time to capitalize on chances the physicality has made available. And don't be sweaty ass on the special teams.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Nah. Keefe even benched Benoit to let Lil get another shot, at some point it's on the kid. To blame the organization for a fragile psyche and low hockey IQ is just an excuse. Benoit seemed to run with his chance and Keefe put him on the Marlies to start the year , either take your opportunities or lose them.

The Leafs have terrible defenders period. There is no solid structure. Basically our game is outscore our troubles. You have to admit that we haven't had sound defensive structuring since Babcock got whined out of town. Granted he turned out to be strange. Lastly getting minutes means nothing without coaching.

He should have at the very least been a serviceable D. Someone may actually work with him. Maybe he can salvage his career.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
We need Reilly to step up as he has been rather mediocre.

Another player who needs to go if he can't cut it anymore.

Cut the rot out and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad