The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Semin is an intriguing player he is a dynamic goal scorer 5 seasons ago he had 40 goals. He was not a good fit in Carolina, could he be a point per game guy again doubtful but a 25-25 guy sure possible in the right situation. I don't know what role he could play here but he is an improvement to any forward on the roster not named Riberio or Neal and perhaps FF. If he could be signed for 2 mil per I can see us taking a chance. There is something starting to jump out with the roster, the lack of forwards with defense ability. Fish a Goose are going to see a pile of minutes n the PK and it makes a case for Beck, Borque, Jarnkrok, Nystrom to be around but two of those will probably be sent on there way. I don't care what Poile has said about Watson and Fiala one or both will not make the cut. The transition to Lavi hockey will be complete after camp. The pressure is own him to put his foot on the pedal. The team is short a top 6 winger upgrade unless Fiala does catch fire or perhaps Moses. There will be a good group of potential at camp but could go out an sign Semin and put him in the mix think it could be a good move. I would also not count out a invite or two to camp. There are a couple vetrans out there facing retirement with no contract. I don't think Poile is done at this point, even if he is just moving players for picks or prospects he has to adjust the roster.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Also,

Allen, 25 (1/31/90), has spent the majority of the past two-plus seasons with the New York Rangers organization, playing seven NHL contests while recording 65 points (17g-48a) and 184 penalty minutes in 145 AHL games with the Hartford Wolfpack. In 2014-15, the 6-1, 210-pounder tied for 10th among all AHL blueliners in goals (11), and was one of just two AHL defensemen to register more than 30 points (11g-23a-34pts), 100 penalty minutes (113), and post a positive plus/minus rating (+1).

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=773644

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
i really wanna know what's going on with Smith and Wilson...it's starting to bug me.

Ehh, they can wait. If someone offer sheets them, then we can make the decision. We can't really wait on the UFA's though. We have to identify who we want and then pursue them because if we don't, someone else will and we'll be left without the guys we want.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Just because I love the off-season and rumors that come along with it, I have compiled some new rumors that came out today from some hockey writers. Enjoy and discuss away!

Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: "The Predators may have made one last push to the Leafs for Phil Kessel before he was traded to the Penguins.There was talk yesterday of a potential offer sheet for Blues Vladimir Tarasenko, and talk that the Blues would match it. Why bother then? To make the Blues spend more money than they would like."

"The Wild tried to re-sign Chris Stewart, but didn’t have the cap space for it. Talk is he’s looking for two-years and $8 million."

"The Blackhawks will continue to try and trade Patrick Sharp."

"The Penguins tried to trade for Brandon Saad before the Blue Jackets acquired him."

Dreger on Tyler Bozak: “I think there’s a possibility (that Bozak gets traded) but again, the Leafs need players [next year]†… “I know the Coyotes had considerable interest in Bozak going back months. They needed a C but they signed Vermette yesterday†… “I’m not saying there’s no interest from Arizona in Bozak now but it took a hit when Vermette signedâ€

Joe Haggerty: Hearing that Micheal Grabner may be on the move from Isles. Good, speedy option for a team in need of wingers w/$3M cap hit next season

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Ehh, they can wait. If someone offer sheets them, then we can make the decision. We can't really wait on the UFA's though. We have to identify who we want and then pursue them because if we don't, someone else will and we'll be left without the guys we want.

that's what I'm saying. By not knowing if we're gonna get them back or if we're gonna keep em after an offer sheet it keeps us from maybe signing a guy like Joel Ward or Alex Semin if we wanted to go that route (although nobody may take a flyer on him) or some other UFA forwards available.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: "The Predators may have made one last push to the Leafs for Phil Kessel before he was traded to the Penguins.There was talk yesterday of a potential offer sheet for Blues Vladimir Tarasenko, and talk that the Blues would match it. Why bother then? To make the Blues spend more money than they would like."

Is he saying the Preds would make Tarasenko an offer?

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Is he saying the Preds would make Tarasenko an offer?

That's what it sounded like to me. If they aren't related he really should have started a new paragraph or phrased things differently to show that he was starting a whole new thought instead of continuing on about the same team.

That said, give 'em hell, Poile.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
That's what it sounded like to me. If they aren't related he really should have started a new paragraph or phrased things differently to show that he was starting a whole new thought instead of continuing on about the same team.

That said, give 'em hell, Poile.

Just remember Jones and Forsberg are up next summer.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
If Poile really wanted Kessel, he should have easily been able to beat the Penguins offer unless the Leafs were flat out in love with Kapanen. My guess is we were willing to engage with picks and prospects, but we held firm on certain untouchables (Fiala, Saros).

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
If Poile really wanted Kessel, he should have easily been able to beat the Penguins offer unless the Leafs were flat out in love with Kapanen. My guess is we were willing to engage with picks and prospects, but we held firm on certain untouchables (Fiala, Saros).

Or Kessel didn't want to come to nashville. Like he has said before.

Pens didn't give up their young D that everyone was assuming would go if he was traded to the pens I believe.

Kessel had a list of 8 teams, I haven't seen the list published anywhere but I'm guessing preds didn't make the cut because I believe GMDP could've matched that and that would've sent Kessel to the west which would be another win for Toronto.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

Another thing is Kessel had the Pens on his list of teams to be traded to, Preds weren't. For all we know Poile had a better offer but Kessel didn't want to come here.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Or Kessel didn't want to come to Nashville. Like he has said before.

Pens didn't give up their young D that everyone was assuming would go if he was traded to the pens I believe.

Kessel had a list of 8 teams, I haven't seen the list published anywhere but I'm guessing preds didn't make the cut because I believe GMDP could've matched that and that would've sent Kessel to the west which would be another win for Toronto.

Yep, the return was bad due to the lack of a bidding war.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Yep, the return was bad due to the lack of a bidding war.

I've said that on the trade board and our own deadline thread.

Only 8 bidders, the return wouldn't be what everyone is expecting. But leaf fans yelled at the moon saying it would roster player, top prospect(s) and picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia