The Advanced Stats Thread Episode VI: RIP To Our Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Miller has 10 goals in his last 74 games including last year's playoffs and going back through last year's all-star break. No one cares though because he's racking up A2's like he's Skjei last year.

I'm not giving him 5.5 AAV. No. No. No.

Get a long-term partner for McDonagh for him.

Reactions: Machinehead

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Miller has 10 goals in his last 74 games including last year's playoffs and going back through last year's all-star break. No one cares though because he's racking up A2's like he's Skjei last year.

I'm not giving him 5.5 AAV. No. No. No.

Get a long-term partner for McDonagh for him.
To be fair, he’s still leading the team in primary assists at ES this year and is tied for 3rd with total primary points. Who are you thinking about getting back? Someone like Manson (obviously not him since they moved Vatanen).

I’ll still stick to my gut and say Miller for Pesce is a win-win for both teams.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
To be fair, he’s still leading the team in primary assists at ES this year and is tied for 3rd with total primary points. Who are you thinking about getting back? Someone like Manson (obviously not him since they moved Vatanen).

I’ll still stick to my gut and say Miller for Pesce is a win-win for both teams.
Right. I maintain that JTM is quite an adept passer, and good at zone entries. But that's really it, IMO. I always had a suspicion that he was not a 20g per year guy. He can hit it, he just needs a little bit of luck.

I don't know who I'm looking at in return, but I'd much rather field offers for 10 then lock him up to a long-term deal that will likely overpay him.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I wanted to trade Miller for Manson or Pesce in the offseason, and I would do it again this offseason. Sign Marchessault or someone like that as his replacement and we would be much better off. Or, if for some reason we go after Karlsson if Ottawa is willing to trade him, include him in that. A trade I would love would be Colin Miller+Alex Tuch for Miller+

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I wanted to trade Miller for Manson or Pesce in the offseason, and I would do it again this offseason. Sign Marchessault or someone like that as his replacement and we would be much better off. Or, if for some reason we go after Karlsson if Ottawa is willing to trade him, include him in that. A trade I would love would be Colin Miller+Alex Tuch for Miller+
Stop copying me :razz:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
CAR/NYR are good trading partners , @Mac n Gs , but I don't see them trading with each other too often.
Oh, absolutely. They’re perfect fits and it’s maddening, but we won’t do intra-division trades, with the exception being EStaal because the media helped drive that narrative

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Considering we played Ottawa, who were on the 2nd of a back-to-back, that was a horrible performance. This team is going nowhere fast.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Miller for Pesce is more like a win-tragedy.

Guess which one is which.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Miller for Pesce is more like a win-tragedy.

Guess which one is which.
If you're calling Pesce a bad hockey player, I'm just gonna point you to your reactions about Zibanejad after the Brassard trade. :sarcasm:

If you're referring to Miller, I suspect he's going through Kevin Hayes syndrome this season in that he's just not shooting the puck, like at all. I mean we watched him yesterday. How many controlled carries did he have all by himself only for them to not get a shot off? There's something funny going on with him, and I honestly can't figure it out other than he's not shooting.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If you're calling Pesce a bad hockey player, I'm just gonna point you to your reactions about Zibanejad after the Brassard trade. :sarcasm:

If you're referring to Miller, I suspect he's going through Kevin Hayes syndrome this season in that he's just not shooting the puck, like at all. I mean we watched him yesterday. How many controlled carries did he have all by himself only for them to not get a shot off? There's something funny going on with him, and I honestly can't figure it out other than he's not shooting.

Tbh I still miss Brassard :(

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Although I should add that Pesce would come here and suck because this system is a black hole that eats defensemen.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Although I should add that Pesce would come here and suck because this system is a black hole that eats defensemen.
Wouldn't doubt it, everyone we acquire sees their analytics drop off. Only guy that didn't was Dan Boyle that I can remember.

Also, it's amazing that McDonagh's worst xG season is with Girardi off the team. Unbelievable lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad