The Advanced Stats Thread Episode VI: RIP To Our Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Yeah I find it funny that the people who defended AV until the grave last season are now all on the same page

The team hasn't been playing well, but he's not the sole reason they've been bad. But he needs to go, so whatever has to happen to trigger that

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
Stole this from r/hockey. Top 6 lines by xGF%. Good thing Buch was moved to the 4th line.

DMd8oX5WkAA0pUY.jpg:large

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Alain's Tale: A Journey on Ice

Once up one a time the team had a rough start so the caring and fatherly coach preaches to stay with it, he sees 'some good things'.

Then, one day the coach wakes up grouchy and decides to ignore said good things and adjusts lines based on MOOOAAAARRR GOOOAALLLLLZZZZ. The team kept losing but they were soooo happy with the sweet fatherly coach that they offered a shiny magical paper called a 'contract extension'. The now-ecstatic grinning coach then lived happily ever after!

The
End

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Slowly climbing up the CF% and xGF% ladder, so I'm totally expecting AV to get canned soon and then have this team skyrocket once they actually start getting some shooting luck.

Reactions: Machinehead

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I'm happy to see Jimmy on the scoreboard.

Less excited because I'm inclined to believe he'll wait till December to do it again.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Honest question, considering that Chayka is actually held in high esteem by the analytics community unlike someone like Eakins, how much do the Coyotes' persistent failures hurt hockey analytics' credibility?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Honest question, considering that Chayka is actually held in high esteem by the analytics community unlike someone like Eakins, how much do the Coyotes' persistent failures hurt hockey analytics' credibility?

Zero?

He's been the GM of that team for 1 season. What did you expect him to accomplish in that timeframe?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Not much. Chayka hasn't been GM of the team that long. Let's see what happens with the Yotes in another 3 or 4 years when his fingerprints have been able to really take form on the team.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Should compare the defense they had when he took over the team vs the defense they have now. Leaps and bounds. Don't necessarily think it's Chayka's fault that his goalies can't stop a beach ball right now.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It wasn't that bad IMO.

I think it was a decently played game and poorly coached game.

The only thing still bothering me other than AV is Skjei.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm still waiting for one of these "analytics teams" to work

nhl_g_kingsts9_576.jpg

so people will stop asking us

los-angeles-kings-stanley-cup-win.jpg

if it can actually work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad