GDT: The 2024 NHL Trade Deadline Thread | March 8th | 3:00 pm ET

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
My point is that the current North American minor hockey players coming up aren't playing football as well (fewer playing lacrosse either) so they don't come in with the football mentality where it is cool and fun to hit.
I think it has a lot to do with USA hockey and Canadian hockey trying to slowly get big hits and fights out of the game.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Which is sad, big open ice hits are the best IMHO
I agree! I love playing the body on the young bucks in beer league fresh out of hs, juniors, and college that freak out when you can move them around with your hips and shoulders in the boards, in front of the net, and behind the net. They never learned that stuff.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Cernak: injury prone, handles puck like a grenade, no offense
Cirelli: not enough scoring, top end 3C at best
Sergachev: rover who doesn't defend well enough, passes puck to nowhere, coming off major injury
Cernak-best RD and a very solid defensive dman, so scoring isn't needed
Cirelli-thisnseason aside, good defensively and still.a ~45 point a year 2C/3C hybrid
Serg-still the 2nd best dman on the team and the injury was a clean break. He's young and should be fine.
All 3 are a little overpaid, but as they have 7 more years to pay off JBB's investment(with a steadily rising cap no less, further lessening their cap hit %), they will very likely remain as integral parts of the current and future core of the team.

Reactions: Peacefool

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I agree! I love playing the body on the young bucks in beer league fresh out of hs, juniors, and college that freak out when you can move them around with your hips and shoulders in the boards, in front of the net, and behind the net. They never learned that stuff.
You still see physical hockey in the Dub, but that's the only top tier junior league with physicality commonplace throughout. The NCAA varies, the rest of junior is pretty soft.

Cernak-best RD and a very solid defensive dman, so scoring isn't needed
Cirelli-thisnseason aside, good defensively and still.a ~45 point a year 2C/3C hybrid
Serg-still the 2nd best dman on the team and the injury was a clean break. He's young and should be fine.
All 3 are a little overpaid, but as they have 7 more years to pay off JBB's investment(with a steadily rising cap no less, further lessening their cap hit %), they will very likely remain as integral parts of the current and future core of the team.
BriseBois getting fired before then most likely

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
You still see physical hockey in the Dub, but that's the only top tier junior league with physicality commonplace throughout. The NCAA varies, the rest of junior is pretty soft.

BriseBois getting fired before then most likely
Lol, because of what, one less than optimal year and one bad trade last year. GM of 2 cup winners and nearly a 3rd, yeah, if Vinik is stupid enough to fire him, I'm sure it might take a week, might, before he accepted one of.numerous offers to be a GM of.another team.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'm a big fan of Dumba's skill set so obviously I am very happy with this trade. Now THIS is a reclamation project worth exploring, but it does raise question marks as to who he replaces on the right side.

Reactions: Outl4w

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I'm a big fan of Dumba's skill set so obviously I am very happy with this trade. Now THIS is a reclamation project worth exploring, but it does raise question marks as to who he replaces on the right side.
I am guessing he pairs up with DeHann/Fleury. Which is ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
I think Vegas is at about $79m in cap space next year with Marchessault and Stephenson (and Hanifin) as key UFA.

I'm pretty hopeful that Hertl took them out of his services past this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad