GDT: The 2024 NHL Trade Deadline Thread | March 8th | 3:00 pm ET

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Our moves are so small compared to the moves teams ahead of us have done...I mean...how disheartening.

We are trying to dress up Duclair and Dumba like they are great moves.

What a joke.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

LeBrun has the inside track with TB.

That’s actually a really good trade by JBB well done

I looked at Vegas’s cap situation and they can easily make Hanifin work even after acquiring Hertl. $14M in cap space with only a few players to sign. They get a lot of help from expiring contracts.
lol 😂 Vegas will never have to rebuild they just keep reloading lol

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Bolts lost a 7th rounder in the Anaheim-Edmonton trade, but still have 6 of them for the 2024 and 2025 drafts thanks to the Perry, Dumba, Duclair, Maroon, and Bogosian deals. And I'm sure we still want more.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Elliotte Friedman on the 32 Thoughts podcast still thinks that if Hanifin had a full NTC, he ends up on TB.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Sounds like JBB did the right thing, stuck to his price and let someone else snag him.

The Duclair trade is still too rich for my blood if we don't hold onto him, but this was the kind of TDL you have if you are in our position.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
So JBB decided that 1st + 2nd + Perbix is too much for Hanifin? Well, it's too much if you can't re-sign him. And potentially you won't be able to sign him because of Stamkos. It's all his fault!

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I imagine it came more down to trade return than wanting to spite Hanifin’s wishes. He ended up going to a division rival, if it was about petty differences I’d care about that more.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So Calgary f***ed us. This is why it's good to wait for things to play out before saying it was a failure.
I had a feeling we had a deal and Calgary just said "Naw bruh" literally because they could. This felt like Karlsson all over again and I'm glad I wasn't wrong. Melnyk f***ed us on that one too.

If we get Hanifin anyway he should be called JMFBB

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I imagine it came more down to trade return than wanting to spite Hanifin’s wishes. He ended up going to a division rival, if it was about petty differences I’d care about that more.
Someone pointed out that Calgary traded their pending UFAs to Western Conference teams with chances to be able to prevent Edmonton, their biggest rival, from winning a Cup LMFAO.

Tanev to Dallas
Lindholm to Vancouver
Hanifin to Vegas

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Just have to hope Vegas either can't afford him or misses playoffs entirely! They win a Cup I'm sure he'll stick around no problem.

If he still wants to come to Tampa then he'll just wait till free agency, check offers from Vegas and Tampa then choose, perhaps

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If Duclair and Dumba look like keepers….

Can we afford Duclair, Dumba, Hanifin, and to re-sign Stamkos?

He earns the JMFBB tag again if he can do that

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
If Duclair and Dumba look like keepers….

Can we afford Duclair, Dumba, Hanifin, and to re-sign Stamkos?

He earns the JMFBB tag again if he can do that
Even with the cap increase, you'd need to dump one or more of Cirelli/Cernak/Sergachev. And probably unlikely Dumba re-signs regardless

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00