3:00 pm ET

TSN Trade Bait List | TSN Trade Tracker | Sportsnet Trade Tracker
i

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Can you imagine if JBB trades for Hanifin and signs him to a 8 year extension and still has stamkos unsigned?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can you imagine if JBB trades for Hanifin and signs him to a 8 year extension and still has stamkos unsigned?
If no big money goes the other way, it's hard to believe we would bring Stamkos back in that situation.

Reactions: Outl4w

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
:sarcasm: MTL always trying to acquire a top 6 C is never not gonna be funny

Gotta drive up the engagement by "insert _______ high profile player to Canadian team" rumors.

That being said, I hope Montreal overpays the f*** out here if they trade for him, only to find out he's quite overrated

Last edited:

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019

HANIFIN TALKS HEATING UP​

Things seem to have also picked up steam on the Hanifin front over the last 15 hours or so, with the Tampa Bay Lightning still the preferred destination.
This move certainly appears to be complicated, though, as it will likely include a contract extension. But agreeing to a new deal isn’t simple, as adding around $6 million to $6.5 million on Tampa’s cap next season takes away from their ability to get captain Steven Stamkos inked to a new deal – unless someone comes off the roster.

The Lightning have $10,647,500 in cap space in 2024-25, as par our friends at CapFriendly. Stamkos isn’t signing for $4 million on his next deal.

There was unconfirmed chatter this week the Flames expressed interest in centre Anthony Cirelli, who has a $6.25 million salary cap hit. While that would eliminate any cap issues moving forward, I am not sure how much of an appetite the Bolts have in moving him.

Several teams have poked around on Hanifin, including the Florida Panthers, Vegas Golden Knights, Boston Bruins and Detroit Red Wings, and the longer this goes without a trade to Tampa, the more the competition will to pry him away.

Both Florida and Detroit seem open to contract extensions, as well. I wonder about Lundell here, too, while I am not sure what package the Red Wings could piece together, though Jonatan Berggren is a player the Flames like – but it would take quite a bit more.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'd be interested in Gunetzel, as we are in need of a top 6 winger, but he'd be pure rental I'd think, 29 year old UFA, probably getting 7.5 in his next contract

Hanafin ans Guentzel would be huge moves. But both isn't doable. Unless Cirelli is gone, and Stamkos takes a league min :laugh:

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Fla getting Tarasenko.

I remember him being underwhelming for the Rangers during their playoff last season, let's hope he stays that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad