Toronto FC: TFC 2016 PLAYOFFS! Set to face off against Montreal in the Conference Finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
omg GIOVINCOOOOOOOO HAT TRICK, WHAT AN ANIMAL HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL
GOLAZO

What a comeback, down 2-0, they rise like a phoenix from the ashes and are up 3-2 wow.

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
Giovinco is having a game for the ages today. Holy ****!

A hat-trick which could have been 4 goals if he didn't hit the post on that penalty. Another post just minutes ago and almost setup another one.

Just fantastic all around.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
What was Vanney thinking of bringing Creavalle into the match, and what was Creavalle thinking with that horrid touch??

That right there lost us two points.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I'm just going to pretend that game didn't happen... at the end of the day we got 1 point on the road which is good especially missing a bunch of players

In terms of performance Giovinco was obviously unbelievable. Konopka was atrocious and has completely worn out his welcome in the goal. If Bendik isn't starting next week that is a huge problem. Jackson was also really good and should be starting at the moment. Creavalle made some good interceptions and it's not his fault 5 TFC defenders let the ball go right through them to the back post, and then left a guy for a completely free header. I'm not sure why TFC fans scapegoat him for absolutely everything even when it's clearly not his fault.

But once again, a point on the road in these circumstances is good. We're 3rd in the East with enough games in hand to take 1st place. Things are looking solid

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
I'm just going to pretend that game didn't happen... at the end of the day we got 1 point on the road which is good especially missing a bunch of players

In terms of performance Giovinco was obviously unbelievable. Konopka was atrocious and has completely worn out his welcome in the goal. If Bendik isn't starting next week that is a huge problem. Jackson was also really good and should be starting at the moment. Creavalle made some good interceptions and it's not his fault 5 TFC defenders let the ball go right through them to the back post, and then left a guy for a completely free header. I'm not sure why TFC fans scapegoat him for absolutely everything even when it's clearly not his fault.

But once again, a point on the road in these circumstances is good. We're 3rd in the East with enough games in hand to take 1st place. Things are looking solid

That last goal was totally his fault... the ball was going wide of the goal and he put it into the play... and right back to NYC.

AlienWorkShop

No, Ben! No!
Oct 30, 2004
Why has Konopka been starting over Bendik this year? I originally assumed Bendik was injured, but then he started that Canada cup game. I don't watch TFC too often, but I was under the impression Bendik was at least adequate, while Konopka was our 3rd stringer at one point, no? Haven't been too impressed by Konopka in the highlights I've seen, but haven't been able to watch much this year...

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
That last goal was totally his fault... the ball was going wide of the goal and he put it into the play... and right back to NYC.

As if in a split second with the ball coming quick towards you and a defender behind you you're going to just let it roll... I believe the ball also deflected off a TFC player across the goal so he'd be giving away a corner pointlessly. It's an average defensive play that looked bad because nobody else did their jobs before or after the clearance.

And even if it was an awful play (which it wasn't), it was only one. Konopka was horrible on the first two goals and gave away a penalty, and Perquis gave away a penalty and scored an own goal, so why arent people talking about them? Like I said, people have already decided they are going to scapegoat Creavalle for anything. Not one person has mentioned he saved a clear 1v1 later on in the game with an amazing interception when TFC got caught upfield.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Steven Caldwell finally retired. Surprised it didn't happen already considering he hasn't played in months. Now we can finally go out and spend his huge cap hit on a starting centerback to upgrade on Zavaleta/Hagglund. Good stuff

edit: apparently only half of his cap hit comes off the books, not sure though

Last edited:

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
Free Atomic Ant T-shirts to the first 10,000 at the game Saturday.

Grande Giovinco!

CJjxHDpUsAANMn6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad