Toronto FC: TFC 2016 PLAYOFFS! Set to face off against Montreal in the Conference Finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Just to further the whole FIFA rankings are dumb point, if Canada wins both matches against Dominica (a team of 11 general contractors) and wins their opening GC match against El Salvador (who Canada is ahead of in the ELO ratings) they'll move to around 80th

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Just to further the whole FIFA rankings are dumb point, if Canada wins both matches against Dominica (a team of 11 general contractors) and wins their opening GC match against El Salvador (who Canada is ahead of in the ELO ratings) they'll move to around 80th

Yes but they're dumb both ways. Let's be honest, Canada is not as bad as 115th in the world at soccer. They suffered in the rankings the last couple years due to rebuilding, where Floro had no regard for results. Objectively speaking, Canada is in the same tier as Panama(56th), Jamaica (65th), or Honduras (76th), so rising to 80th is more of a regression to the mean.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Canada was around 80 during the last WCQ which is about right. The reason they dropped so low is because after the WCQ they had no meaningful games for like a year and a half so they just called up young players for experience and stuff like that. The national team with its actual best players is not as bad as the ranking shows

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Wow terrible call in women's World Cup. Canada v china. Cheap call in the penalty box with one minute left in game. Ref calls cheap penalty shot lol

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I think that's a penalty... she swings her arm across the face and if that was anywhere outside the box people would say its a foul

Also HT stats for TFC - 1-1 57% possession, shots 9-8, shots on goal 5-2, and this is against the team 1st in the East who havent lost at home in 2 years. Very good performance so far

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Just beat the #1 team in the East in their stadium. Next game we have the worst team in MLS at BMO. Looking good

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
Great result today for tfc and Canada, next week is WCQ can't wait, Tesho and Larin upfront, I don't like the attakora and deguzman call ups but what can you do.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Cyle Larin already has 5 goals in 9 games. It will be fun to see the MLS rookie of the year go to Canadian kids in back to back years... and even in basketball Wiggins. Well done.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
New Zealand vs Canada...New Zealand the better team :( and canada has no finish. Can't see them going past the next round.

Overall disappointed with women's World Cup so far. Last one was more exciting from what I remember.

These games have been boring IMO

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Women's team over rated before this World Cup began? Too much hype? I mean they have one goal in two games and the goal was a penalty kick and fortunate IMO.

Maybe expectations are too high?

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
Netherlands defense is a gong show.

Not to put down the Womens World Cup, its come a long way but if you put on Copa America right now Mexico vs Chile side by side to this game the difference in quality of play is astounding.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Why would you compare the Copa America played by men to the Women's World Cup played by women?

Canada is sitting back way too much after scoring.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I am quite disappointed so far with the play. I am sure I remember last world cup or world womens event to be much more exciting, drama and more goals. I find this quite boring to be frank.

Maybe it will improve in the knock out stage.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
I am quite disappointed so far with the play. I am sure I remember last world cup or world womens event to be much more exciting, drama and more goals. I find this quite boring to be frank.

Maybe it will improve in the knock out stage.
You're not going to see a 4-3 thriller decided in the 123rd minute during every tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad