Toronto FC: TFC 2016 PLAYOFFS! Set to face off against Montreal in the Conference Finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
New thread. Last one got away from soccer and into the realm of the political. There's a politics board for that -- if you have more to say, please express yourself there. Keep this thread to soccer please.

There's also the 2nd leg against Montreal tonight at BMO. Should be a big game.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Politics and soccer colliding this has never happend before :p

But yes... Montreal vs Toronto tonight in the second leg of champions league qualifying. Not sure the importance they are putting on this game but It seems like Montreal values it.

For all the newbies out there the CCL is a tournament amongst North and central America. The winner goes on to face the elite teams in the world last time Real Madrid won the club World Cup. Montreal lost against Club America recently in the finals in Concacaf.

I think Toronto FC is more focussed on MLS playoffs however.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Pretty much the full lineup today. Warner is starting as a holder which is what people have been asking for. Also Zavaleta starting instead of Hagglund. Hagglund has been our worst defender so a good performance could get Zavaleta a start on the weeknd

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Vanney made the same mistake this franchise had made in years past. He didn't take the tournament seriously at the start and when he did it was an uphill battle to begin with.

Honestly why do I expect anything positive from this club? I guess I still have a few teeth left for them to kick in.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Bernier without a doubt should've been off and at 3-1 with them down to 10 men it's hard to imagine them attacking much. But of course TFC never gets any calls even if they're obvious.

Likely another loss this weekend away vs NE with our players tired from having played midweek. Zavaleta looked good at least, he should definitely start this weekend

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Our center backs have been awful, losing every battle in the box. Rarely winning headers.

The lack of CDM is also hurting us.

Bradley had an incredible effort against NE to earn the draw.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I try so hard to follow TFC, but the mental exhaustion of being a Liverpool fan keeps me away for reasons of saving my sports fan sanity.

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
No one posted this but Dero Has retired and has announced he will be taking a role as an ambassador with Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment,

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Altidore out 4-5 weeks, just in time to come back for a few games before leaving again for the CONCACAF Gold Cup on July 7.

The time is now for Gio to show why he should be considered the best attacking threat in MLS.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Really good half there... very solid defensively and really dangerous on the attack coming close a bunch of times. Need an insurance goal though

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
So 7 FIFA officials got arrested on corruption and conspiracy charges in the Swiss. They also face US extradition. Finally, about ****ing time. Just a start, but a good one. Now, next step - get Blatter the **** out, do not re-elect him.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
That was a pretty good game... Hamilton and Dike missed 2 chances that were pretty easy, that's not going to help them win a spot over Moore. I'm surprised the defense and the full homegrown midfield in the 2nd half did that well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->