Toronto FC: TFC 2016 PLAYOFFS! Set to face off against Montreal in the Conference Finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Tough game to lose. Dominated the whole game but lost it on the two lapses that led to an NYC goal. Loved the intensity from TFC players, unfortunately it didn't lead to a goal.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I'll venture to say Giovinco is the most watchable, exciting athlete in this city right now. He's get out of your seat awesome when he's on the ball (hon mention to Josh Donaldson)

If TFC can keep this up I can see a ton of casual fans being converted for a playoff run,how can you not the man is dominant

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I'll venture to say Giovinco is the most watchable, exciting athlete in this city right now. He's get out of your seat awesome when he's on the ball (hon mention to Josh Donaldson)

If TFC can keep this up I can see a ton of casual fans being converted for a playoff run,how can you not the man is dominant

Agreed. Giovinco or Donaldson for sure.

Donaldson a top 5 position player in MLB

Giovinco IS the best player in MLS imo.

Soccer is gaining momentum... Even the national team is on a high

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
We call it soccer and not football for a reason, because it matters way less to us than those who live in Europe. I don't think even winning the cup will bring a whole lot of fan to soccer team. Not sold on that at all.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
We call it soccer and not football for a reason, because it matters way less to us than those who live in Europe. I don't think even winning the cup will bring a whole lot of fan to soccer team. Not sold on that at all.

:huh:

So 'football' matters but 'soccer' doesnt?

Ignoring stupid opinions....Giovinco was damn impressive last night. I had gotten so used to seeing TFC play like a childrens team, I was blown away last night watching Toronto actually string passes together, connect on long crosses, and of course Giovinco handling the ball like it were on a string.

That stadium will be full come September/October if TFC can avoid their annual mid-summer nosedive.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I don't think I've ever seen TFC dominate possession and create chances at will like they did last night. This team has potential.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Giovinco is magic.

No, it's because we have our own football (gridiron) that's more ingrained in our culture than soccer is. Same goes for the United States and Australia.

kfernandes29

Aug 16, 2005
It really is amazing to see this team playing like an actual team. The quality is way above anything we've seen from any TFC team. Very excited to see what these guys can do.

Giovinco is way too good for this league btw. Best player in the league right now, hands down.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
It feels like TFC has the worst luck for weather; and not even just bad lake shore weather, just bad weather in general.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
It feels like TFC has the worst luck for weather; and not even just bad lake shore weather, just bad weather in general.

Being right by the lake makes it a lot worse as well. The roof is coming next year at least.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Being right by the lake makes it a lot worse as well. The roof is coming next year at least.

Yeah, but its not just lake effect weather...the high winds and cold temperatures are fine, but the amount of games they have played in torrential downpours (obviously not localized, lakefront weather) just seems so disproportionate.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
If i were the coach I would start Hagglund at CB instead of Zavaleta, he has been so shaky. Almost scored an OG right now, and gave it away against New York City FC that resulted in a goal as well...

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
Canada vs ES today at 10:30 gold cup action on sportsnet 360,

also I can't edit thread name anymore(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad