Toronto FC: TFC 2016 PLAYOFFS! Set to face off against Montreal in the Conference Finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
Disappointed that the BMO won't be soccer specific anymore.
How exactly are they going to handle this? I haven't really watched much the past few seasons but I remember early on some teams had football(American) lines on the field and it looked absolutely garbage. Also isn't part of the reason the Argos are leaving the dome because they're switching to natural grass? What does that mean for BMO, didn't we switch to natural grass a few years ago?

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
#canMNT to announce team for Dominca World Cup qualifier in next few days. There's one or two (pleasant) surprises, I'm told.

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 14s14 seconds ago
Fans being allowed back into stands. Players are in the tunnel. Kickoff seems close. #TFC
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 1m1 minute ago
#TFV tells me kickoff is at 5:23.
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Caught the second half.

TFC started the 2nd half kind of on the defensive, SJ had possession but only one chance I think.

Really liked the flow of the team after that. Could have put away a couple of more goals.

Seba and Zavaletta were outstanding.

Great win!

Great win, Osorio and Morgan won't play the next few games due to WCQ

WCQ already, eh?

Morgan really became good in that position, wonder how they'll rearrange. Morrow back to his strong position and Creavale on the right side (yikes).

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
Caught the second half.

TFC started the 2nd half kind of on the defensive, SJ had possession but only one chance I think.

Really liked the flow of the team after that. Could have put away a couple of more goals.

Seba and Zavaletta were outstanding.

Great win!

WCQ already, eh?

Morgan really became good in that position, wonder how they'll rearrange. Morrow back to his strong position and Creavale on the right side (yikes).

Roster not announced yet but it's mostly speculation on my part, with de jong injured and Adekugbe Morgan likely to get call up and start.

LeafsTFC

Mar 3, 2011
The Annex

Yikes is right. He's so much better in midfield. Maybe they could have another option to play full back. Not sure how Bloom's injury is doing but is there a possibility he could be back? We have a few other jack-of-all-trades midfield/defence types who could maybe slot back there but they might actually be worse than Creavalle (thinking Jackson or Warner if he's back).

Best thing might be to play Hagglund with Perquis in the middle and slide Zavaleta out wide. I'm pretty sure he's also played out wide a bit too

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
World cup qualifying is on the 11th and 16th while TFC games are on the 6th and 20th so I dont think theyll actually miss any games unless the camp starts a week early or something. And for the Gold Cup group stages they'll probably only miss 1 game and then it depends on how far Canada goes after that. But Bradley will miss the DC game because the US is playing some more pointless friendlies. Bloom has apparently been close for a while so it's possible he's back next week but I wouldn't bet on it. Unless Warner is back I think it's more likely Jackson plays RB and Creavalle stays in midfield because we don't really have someone to play central midfield in place of Creavalle

Also our schedule in June is interesting... we play the best team in the East DC United twice and we play arguably the two worst teams in the East Montreal and NYCFC both at BMO. We have to win those 2 easier home games and then home and away vs the best team in the East will be a real test of how good we are

Last edited:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Hopefully NYCFC won't have Pirlo in the lineup when they face them. I believe Lampard is not coming until July

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
A bit OT and I know World Cup rankings aren't 100% based on seeding, but I just looked up Canada's mens team rankings and we're not even the top 100?! If they made the World Cup 4 times as big, we'd only barely qualify...I didn't think things were THAT bad.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
A bit OT and I know World Cup rankings aren't 100% based on seeding, but I just looked up Canada's mens team rankings and we're not even the top 100?! If they made the World Cup 4 times as big, we'd only barely qualify...I didn't think things were THAT bad.

They are/were

But we are 3-2-4 since the start of 2014, with the two losses being a 1-0 loss to a virtually full strength Colombia and a 2-1 loss to Iceland with both teams being nowhere near full strength.

Gold Cup in July will be a good litmus test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad