Confirmed with Link: Teravainen and Bickell to Canes

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
We didn't pry TT away. They were offering him.

I'm not sure how you conclude that with certainty Bleed. It's not like they gave him away, they got something (cap space and picks) in return and I'm guessing that's who RF was asking for as well. It's obvious they were willing to lose TT for this, but I'd be surprised if RF would have entertained other guys (like Shaw) that they may have been offering.

He's a notable improvement to what we had before, on paper for sure. They're a cup team so they are always looking for cup players and in this case Shaw made more sense than TT.

Maybe not. Reports (may or may not be true) indicate Hawks are looking at offers for both Kruger and Shaw now. My guess is they want to shed cap and other than a select group of players, they'll look at all options.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
They're going after Malkin.

Don't want Shaw though. He's an idiot. The opposite of the intelligent, reserved player that the 'Canes like, such as Ron Francis or Jay Harrison (half joking with that one).

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
^ Being the league's most gentlemanly team sounds great in theory until people start kicking you around.

Granted I don't know where he'd fit in the lineup right now, or if he'd be worth what it took to acquire him. But Shaw is good sandpaper, and he can probably score 15g, 30p.

Bridgeburner96

Jan 20, 2015
While I think it would be good for him to add muscle/strength it sounded like a lot of his inconsistency stemmed from his usage. He was placed all throughout their lineup, played left wing (which he was very uncomfortable with), and a lot of times played with less skilled linemates. It seems like right wing (maybe center) alongside some skilled linemates is what's going to be the best place for him. And I think he'll be allowed to focus more on offense than he was in Chicago. So hopefully, the change of scenery and usage does him some good.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
There has been some rumors about Teuvo Teräväinen's work ethic so we now have Finnish articles on it.

According to Teräväinen, this will increase his motivation. He knows how he trains and has trained for many years. Many people will get the wrong picture and he doesn't know what it's based around.

His plans for the summer to involve training hard with the speed skater Janne Hänninen. The training will mostly be about lower body. Jumping, hopping, sprinting and working on skating.

He also said that he was forced to rest for a few weeks due to a shoulder injury. Now that it's over with, it's time to work and when he works, he works hard.

Here's the main points for anyone curious.

Last edited:

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
There has been some rumors about Teuvo Teräväinen's work ethic so we now have Finnish articles on it.

According to Teräväinen, this will increase his motivation. He knows how he trains and has trained for many years. Many people will get the wrong picture and he doesn't know what it's based around.

His plans for the involve training hard with the speed skater Janne Hänninen. The training will mostly be about lower body. Jumping, hopping, sprinting and working on skating.

He also said that he was forced to rest for a few weeks due to a shoulder injury. Now that it's over with, it's time to work and when he works, he works hard.

ijuka,

Thank you for the insight. Most Canes posters are curious about TT's off-season training, so this is encouraging.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I never bought into the whole "work ethic is lacking" narrative on TT. Sounds like the typical kind of thing fans of a team say when a good player gets traded. I have no doubt he's probably got some things to learn about being a good pro, what better to jumpstart that than a fresh start with a new team.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I don't know if it was a work ethic thing as much as a not getting the right training in the off season thing. He thought he was doing it right and the team didn't. That's possibly miscommunication by both sides or misunderstanding by the kid. I don't think he's refusing to do the work.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Teravainen: "I try to get a bigger role in the gang"

http://m.mtv.fi/sport/jaakiekko/nhl...-yritan-saada-isompaa-roolia-jengissa/5550724 (Nov 9th 2015)

"Teravainen hazards to guess that one reason for the slumpy start may be that he's coming from a shorter than normal summer, the highlight of which was the Chicago Stanley Cup celebrations.

- The end of the last season was so unbelievable. In a way the starting point to this season was a bit hard."

On more recent news, Kimmo Timonen seems to backtrack a bit, and is wondering how little they trained in Blackhawks. The emphasis seemed rather to be in going into the games as fresh and there were more days off than anywhere. But when they trained, they trained hard.

http://m.mtv.fi/sport/jaakiekko/lei...lattavan-asian-nhl-n-menestysseurasta/5968156

Timonen and Teravainen both commented on Timonen's statements in the World Cup presser. Meant as humoresque, but with a kernel of truth. "Teukka knows himself he could have done it a bit harder, but he's taken himself into it now."

http://m.mtv.fi/sport/jaakiekko/lei...a-teravaisen-laiskasta-treenaamisesta/5968008

Last edited:

Kyyrii

May 30, 2016
Or have him live with Brindy...I swear every time I see Roddy he looks like he could put on a pair of skates again and make opposing centermen look foolish at the dots.
Don't worry guys, he is going to train with Jesse Puljujärvi. And Jesse is a training freak. Let's hope that TT learns something from him. :handclap:

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Or have him live with Brindy...I swear every time I see Roddy he looks like he could put on a pair of skates again and make opposing centermen look foolish at the dots.

If his knee didn't die on him, I wouldn't have been shocked to see him have a Chelios length career. Sadly, after that knee injury, he flat out couldn't keep up any more.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
If his knee didn't die on him, I wouldn't have been shocked to see him have a Chelios length career. Sadly, after that knee injury, he flat out couldn't keep up any more.

I think he made a mistake by not giving himself enough rehab time for that injury. He had a similar crisis of confidence just prior to the 05-06 lockout. It's a pretty infamous story by now when he had his dad come watch him play in Finland or Sweden to help him decide if he "still had it" or else he was going to retire. He performed well enough to get the seal of approval from his pops. With that said, he didn't look too unlike a lot of older guys coming back from a knee operation. He probably could have taken some extra time to get back on track, but father time is undefeated. He's an impressive dude.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
TT has only played 1 preseason game and missed some camp due to world cup. In the first game he played, he was getting used to a new system. You could see the skill he has though and it looks like he and Aho may have some chemistry already.

As for Bickell, I honestly haven't seen any of the games he's played to date, so can't comment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad