Confirmed with Link: Teravainen and Bickell to Canes

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
I think the problem is it's been 1 game, on a new team, which he missed most of training camp due to the WC. If 10 games in he's still struggling, then I'll be worried.

This. I'm not worried yet. I know what TT can bring and he's got a ton of skill. He had a shortened preseason due to World Cup and the coach came later as well. He's got to get used to a completely different system and line mates. He'll get there, but i'm willing to give him 10-15 games before saying something is wrong.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Haven't watched much of TT on Canes ,, But I assume looking at his stats the same issues he had here in Chicago (Losing puck battles , Unable to create offense on his own , etc) are still issue?

Also are all the Ex-Hawks struggling because they all seem to have miserable stats or be healthy scratches at moment

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Haven't watched much of TT on Canes ,, But I assume looking at his stats the same issues he had here in Chicago (Losing puck battles , Unable to create offense on his own , etc) are still issue?

Also are all the Ex-Hawks struggling because they all seem to have miserable stats or be healthy scratches at moment

Bickell should be playing, he's the only one who understands the dirty area on the PP. He brings a good physical presence we need.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

tt: yep you got it thats the exact description

nordstrom: was pretty darn good last year but so far this year has been a 4th liner/13th forward-level player playing with jordan staal all game, which is frustrating

bickell: scratched the last few games but has actually been serviceable when he plays, would rather him in the lineup than nordstrom

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
TT is one of those "He has the tools, but not the toolbox" players. You can tell he's skilled, but the guy wastes so many offensive opportunities, it's unbelievable.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Just wanted to check in with more then half a season played what your thoughts are on Teuvo at this point?

And what of thoughts on other ex-Hawks such as Stalberg , Dahlbeck and Nordstrom

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Just wanted to check in with more then half a season played what your thoughts are on Teuvo at this point?

And what of thoughts on other ex-Hawks such as Stalberg , Dahlbeck and Nordstrom

Teuvo's been great but we're on a 5-game losing streak so people probably want to trade him. Peters benched him for a game, which was probably the wrong move. Good 2nd/3rd line center, great chemistry with Aho (although as the season's gone on Aho has surpassed TT as the "carrying" force of that duo).

Stalberg and Nordy are good 4th liners, Dahlbeck's a 7th D that's played like it when he's been in.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
TT started playing a lot better when they put him at center. I feel like he thinks the game better there, and his physical weaknesses aren't so apparent. He's a good player, but I think he's always going to be streaky.

Stalberg and Nordy are excellent 4th liners, and either one can step into a 3rd line role and not get you killed. I have nothing bad to say about either one of them.

I thought Dahlbeck was pretty solid for a 6/7 early on in the season. I don't think he's played consistently enough since that opening few games to really get a handle on him. I think he's probably good enough to be a #6 on this team right now but Tennyson is better in his own end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad