Confirmed with Link: Teravainen and Bickell to Canes

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Canes acquire Tuevo, Bickell from Hawks

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=886117&navid=DL|CAR|home

RALEIGH, NC – Ron Francis, Executive Vice President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has acquired forwards Teuvo Teravainen (TAY-voh tair-uh-VIGH-nehn) and Bryan Bickell from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for a 2016 second-round draft pick and a 2017 third-round draft pick.
“This deal allowed us to use some of our collected draft picks to improve our group of forwards for the coming season by added two Stanley Cup champions,” said Francis. “Teuvo is a young, highly-skilled player still on his entry-level contract who is coming off of a strong first full NHL season, and Bryan is a veteran who has experienced great success in his career. Both players give our organization more options and flexibility among the forward ranks.”

question is which second. Ours or the Rangers.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
rofl, i totally called bickell getting traded here like mooooooonths ago

i should find the trade thread, i might have even mentioned teuvo, but i forget

love that we got him tho

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I was thinking Chicago would make the perfect partner because of Bickell and the cap space. Didn't think TT would be the add in for another team's 2nd round pick and Chicago's 3rd round pick.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
WOW. Something for nothing, so who gives a crap.

Top 6 player and... well a 3rd/4th liner that can get us over the cap for nothing, I'll take it easily.

I was thinking Chicago would make the perfect partner because of Bickell and the cap space. Didn't think TT would be the add in for another team's 2nd round pick and Chicago's 3rd round pick.

There was talk starting around the start of the SCF that they were close to finding a taker but that it might cost them Tuevo. So glad that taker is us simply because of Tuevo and not giving up a first to get him.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
NYRs 2nd as well. Hot damn Francis... I love this deal. Immediately adds two forwards to the roster and Teravainen has great potential

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Skins and Finns, or just roll 3 Finns? All Bickell has to do is be Brad Malone. Can he still accomplish that much?

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC
I'm actually kind of pumped for Bickell on the 4th line. Should be an improvement on Terry/Gerbe/Boychuk/Dvorak/lol.

Obviously TT is a great throw in.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Top 6 player and... well a 3rd/4th liner that can get us over the cap for nothing, I'll take it easily.
m.

Definitely. What I meant was, a 2nd and a 3rd for roster players (esp TT)? Who gives a crap about the draft picks. Awesome job RF.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Well, that'll work. We help Chicago out of cap hell (again) and get a good young player out of the deal for a modest price. Atta boy Francis.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Bowman must have Francis on speed dial when it comes to cap relief. Very nice deal.

Well, that'll work. We help Chicago out of cap hell (again) and get a good young player out of the deal for a modest price. Atta boy Francis.

Can we just go ahead and make this a yearly tradition? Can't believe how much we've gotten from Bowman for very little. I mean, I saw their cap issues coming the day Kane and Toews signed their new contracts, but didn't think we'd benefit very much from it.

Anyway, I'm indifferent on Bickell, but he should at least bring some much-needed sandpaper to the lineup. On the other hand, Teravainen should be a pretty solid addition.

Also:

finland-flag-waving-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So that's a Canes line for the World Cup Team Finland then. Anyone you'd like to see tried for the third forward with them, like just to see how it would look?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad