WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Even if I at an earlier post was unnecessarily harsh against Grönborg in the creation of the lineups, I can only come to the conclusion that a) he still wants to test things and hasn't come to any decision about anything before the WHC starts. The lines were so incredibly random against Finland. As I've said, the only logical reason I can think of is b) he doesn't want to give his opponents anything to analyze before the tournament starts. If he's that kind of chess player, so be it, then I can understand his line of thinking. If he actually tried to make compatible lineups, my praise quickly fades. I don't know which kind of coach he is.

Nylander and Ekholm are such extremely important additions it's not even funny. Holm isn't good enough, Hägg is bad and we have plenty of dead weight at offense as well. Even if Markström is gone for the tournament, as long as Lundqvist isn't injured, he's good enough. He had a bad season in New York, but it's not because he isn't good enough as a goalie, it's because he's had a mentally tough season playing behind a team that doesn't try to win. We're still solid in net.

The biggest problem is if Grönborg was faking the terrible lineup combination, or if he is this clueless when the tournament starts. I have to hope he's the chess player kind of guy.

Pettersson needs players that are mobile and strong in their skating, while still being able to read his game. Having Bratt in the 3rd line when the tournament starts for example is a big mistake. What good is a net presensce, if you cannot even win the possession and establish an actual, offensive cycling? Nygård - Pettersson - Bratt was a surprisingly effective 1st line, what the heck was wrong with that? What was wrong with giving the players some line chemistry?

Grönborg is overvaluing guys like Eriksson and Hörnqvist way, way too much. You don't gain possession with guys like those, those are role players ffs.

Last edited:

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Reactions: Star Ocean

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Would rather take Svedberg before Holm. Hopefully Dallas losing game 7 and we get Klingberg. Almost sure he would accept an invitation. I trust OEL, Ekholm etc but i do not think they run a PP at point position like Klingberg does. He's another level.
Well, unless anybody gets injured Holm won't play.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Would rather take Svedberg before Holm. Hopefully Dallas losing game 7 and we get Klingberg. Almost sure he would accept an invitation. I trust OEL, Ekholm etc but i do not think they run a PP at point position like Klingberg does. He's another level.
Klingberg is indeed a fantastic PP quarterback.

Lindblom and bratt needs to raise their game.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Reactions: alexpj

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
bratt elias lindholm
lindblom nylander hornqvist
loui a.kempe lander
nygård kruger m.kempe

oel larsson
gus ekholm
pettersson hägg

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Great is stretching it. He has been serviceble. There is a lot more potential for sure.
In the context of things he was great, yes. He, and most of our NHLers, will obviously turn it up in the actual tournament. It's more you pointing him out out of everybody which is really odd.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
In the context of things he was great, yes. He, and most of our NHLers, will obviously turn it up in the actual tournament. It's more you pointing him out out of everybody which is really odd.
It is not odd. I said he needs to raise his game for the tournament. I am sure he will also.

In order to look great he cant do giveaways like this.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
instead of calling in an nhler grönborg is gonna play wedin, rasmussen. even grinders like melker, nordstrom, sorensen is better but no he will not invite them. swe coaches always want euro scrubs for some weird reason....:mad:

Sörensen is easily the best player you mentioned there. I thought Rasmussen did a really good job in this Carlson tournament though. Nordström and Melker would hardly be an upgrade, we have plenty of players like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: EK47

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
It is not odd. I said he needs to raise his game for the tournament. I am sure he will also.

Personally I don't care about 1 mistake in 1 game. Every player in the world will make plays like that from time to time.

Bratt has played well.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

That’s ONE mistake, Larsson tried to carry the puck in a tight spot in the o zone against Finland and it led to a 2on1 should he have been demoted to play with Holm maybe?

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
I wonder if Wennberg will be asked, he's had a rough season but would certainly look good on the 3rd line.

Hörnqvist - EP - Nylander
Kempe - Lindholm - Bratt
Eriksson - Wennberg - Lindblom

Would be a decent top-9, centers will probably be switched around. However I really prefer to see Lindholm at center instead of Kempe, he really shouldn't have any business centering a top-6 line, no vision at all.

I'm guessing that Grönborg will wait until the 2nd round is over to see who's available though.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I wonder if Wennberg will be asked, he's had a rough season but would certainly look good on the 3rd line.

Hörnqvist - EP - Nylander
Kempe - Lindholm - Bratt
Eriksson - Wennberg - Lindblom

Would be a decent top-9, centers will probably be switched around. However I really prefer to see Lindholm at center instead of Kempe, he really shouldn't have any business centering a top-6 line, no vision at all.

I'm guessing that Grönborg will wait until the 2nd round is over to see who's available though.
Considering Lindholm didn't play C at Czech Hockey Games it's safe to assume Nylander will play C. Wennberg no idea what to expect there, his last 2 seasons have been rough ones and he won't score goals. Still weird looking back at his SHL season where he had 16G, and 5A. But he has always been a ppg player on the NT so who knows if it's mainly Torts' or his fault he has dropped so much.

Anyways, I wouldn't play Hörnqvist in the top-6 either, prefer him on the 3rd line:

Bratt - EP - Lindholm
Lindblom - Nylander - Kempe
Nygård - Wennberg - Hörnqvist
Eriksson - Krüger - M.Kempe

E: or split Bratt & Lindholm so you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Considering Lindholm didn't play C at Czech Hockey Games it's safe to assume Nylander will play C. Wennberg no idea what to expect there, his last 2 seasons have been rough ones and he won't score goals. Still weird looking back at his SHL season where he had 16G, and 5A. But he has always been a ppg player on the NT so who knows if it's mainly Torts' or his fault he has dropped so much.

Anyways, I wouldn't play Hörnqvist in the top-6 either, prefer him on the 3rd line:

Bratt - EP - Lindholm
Lindblom - Nylander - Kempe
Nygård - Wennberg - Hörnqvist
Eriksson - Krüger - M.Kempe

E: or split Bratt & Lindholm so you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Yeah I know he wasn't playing center, but it really bothered me tbh. I've always thought he's looked better as a center.

Those lines work aswell, just as long as Kempe isn't centering a top-6 line. I would personally put Hörnqvist in the top6 demoting one of Lindblom/Kempe to the 3rd, Hörnqvist is usually good at collecting pucks, driving the net and opening up space for the skilled players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad