WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
So what? He still could've come up with a "legitimate" response. "I don't feel 100%, my mom's dog has his 7th birthday in the middle of may, I have a dental surgery soon, I have to give time to my non-existant family, I have to wax my car", whatever. I mean... you can say anything. And Grönborg would've given the answer. Not with Dahlin. Only Dahlin. That worries me, because it must've been... special. Because if Grönborg knows Dahlin's answer was too dumb to say to the media... you know what I mean?

Even the answer "My employer feels I need to train hard before the next season and I have to respect that, because I feel the same" would've been enough. Instead, only silence and Grönborg declining to tell the reason. Idiotic.

No other player gave the response Grönborg gave to the media, but Dahlin. It was almost sarcastic and very dry in its tone. "You have to ask him." (as if it was something truly ridiculous). Watch it again. Maybe I read into it too much, but I have a bad feeling about this guy. Maybe Grönborg was tired of the media, but I think Grönborg just shook his head considering Dahlin's response.

Try to look at it from the person's side perhaps? Dahlin just turned 19. He probably does not even know how good he is. or how the power dynamic is really set up. Every interview he comes across like a child that cannot realize how freaking good he is. He still acts like Jake McCabe, Rasmus Ristolainen and Zach Bogosian are carrying him, when in truth, he was the only thing that could make them look somewhat competent in his own end.

Heck, he did an AMA and could not believe a video someone linked with Sidney Crosby saying Dahlin would be the defender he would be building a team around today.

Guy is 19, his peers will still play WJC in December, while he himself is already one of the 20 best players on his position on the planet. Hopefully, he gets some accolades or coaching from his agent to realize his own worth soon enough.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
He has played a lot more games this time compared to when he had played the WHC in the past. If he comes he’ll also have a lot less time to prepare/rest.
Well forsberg and arvidsson came in the middle of tournament last year. We'll see.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Svtdusan thinks that burger is coming.
Doubt he has any insider look or anything, probably speaking about the kind of guy Klingers is(will go if not injured, and if he has the motivation for it... And he has always had the motivation). OEL being on the team should also boost his motivation.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Doubt he has any insider look or anything, probably speaking about the kind of guy Klingers is(will go if not injured, and if he has the motivation for it... And he has always had the motivation). OEL being on the team should also boost his motivation.
Dusan sometimes breaks the news first, as he actually has insider sources since he works in the media, and also happen to anchor the WHC this year.

Not saying he knows anything about klingbergs decision right now, but he is a good source that i often check on twitter.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Dusan sometimes breaks the news first, as he actually has insider sources since he works in the media, and also happen to anchor the WHC this year.

Not saying he knows anything about klingbergs decision right now, but he is a good source that i often check on twitter.
Yeah I know, but I'd bet on that tweet being more him going by his gut than anything.

The tweet in question for those asking:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I do not understand.. I mean Kempe has arguably the best tools on the entire team, but he simply doesn’t have the ”computer” to be an effective top6 center. Let alone with two extremely cerebral players in Lindholm and Lindblom. You’ve tried it for two entire games with absolutely ZERO production 5vs5 its time to go back to the drawing board with that one. You have two players that wants to wait and create the right opportunity while Kempe just tries to bumrush whenever he has the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad