WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
McDavid on the Oilers is like Gary Oldman in The Bold and the Beautiful, it's **** but you'd still tune in to watch some Gary Oldman.
I feel like that show is intentionally shit. I’m not sure the oilers are quite there yet... The more I think about it though.. are they?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I'm actually feeling hopeful. I think Nylander will be alot better on the Swedish team, than his performance in Toronto. He'll make an impact, I'm quite sure of it. I think alot of it had to do with the thoughts in his head during his season, paired with him being slightly out of shape, paired with his instant pressure to perform, which made him grip his stick too hard. I mean, when this team can make guys like Loui Eriksson and Adam Larsson consistently look like world beaters, I can only think Nylander will love to play in this team. That's Grönborg's strength, he tells his players to play their game, that's why they were selected. They don't play out of fear, they play to have fun as a group.

It's not a star-ridden, glamorous team, but it has excellent qualities. We have skill guys, we have a ton of guys who know how to shoot the puck, we have passers, excellent roleplayers, etc, etc. We're a very solid team in all aspects. We might not have an advantage in a certain position in a game against the big nations, but we're very tough to actually beat, because of a lack of abundant weaknesses. We're talking individual players, not the team part as a whole, then we're quite happy (Swedes and Finns are never truly satisfied. Stockholm and Helsinki people are excluded, they're generally delusional).

We're complaining because guys like Hägg is in the lineup. Russians are unhappy because their defense still sucks. That's a big difference.

This team is good enough to win gold, but it's always, only a game and anything can happen. But it's a really strong team. It's not exactly "Grossman kommer!" from our side. I'm actually feeling happy, because I think this team will perform really well. We don't have any Stars!, but we have a horde of really skilled and efficient players.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
i wonder if they will add some players from the shl finals.

if MPS declines maybe Brodin, Friberg, Hjalmarsson or Fjällby could take his spot.

Bemström and Fagemo? I would prefer them over Rasmussen and Wedin.

Josefson is injured.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
i wonder if they will add some players from the shl finals.

if MPS declines maybe Brodin, Friberg, Hjalmarsson or Fjällby could take his spot.

Bemström and Fagemo? I would prefer them over Rasmussen and Wedin.

Josefson is injured.
Right now I’d much rather have Nygård than either of them honestly.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
First cry about intiving "NHL trash players" like Loui, Kruger and Kempe. Then Samuel Fagemo should get invite. This is not nothing wjc...
It would be unusual to give someone from the shl finals a spot in the WC team without a try-out unless it is someone out of the ordinary like Pettersson last year.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I'm actually feeling hopeful. I think Nylander will be alot better on the Swedish team, than his performance in Toronto. He'll make an impact, I'm quite sure of it. I think alot of it had to do with the thoughts in his head during his season, paired with him being slightly out of shape, paired with his instant pressure to perform, which made him grip his stick too hard. I mean, when this team can make guys like Loui Eriksson and Adam Larsson consistently look like world beaters, I can only think Nylander will love to play in this team. That's Grönborg's strength, he tells his players to play their game, that's why they were selected. They don't play out of fear, they play to have fun as a group.

It's not a star-ridden, glamorous team, but it has excellent qualities. We have skill guys, we have a ton of guys who know how to shoot the puck, we have passers, excellent roleplayers, etc, etc. We're a very solid team in all aspects. We might not have an advantage in a certain position in a game against the big nations, but we're very tough to actually beat, because of a lack of abundant weaknesses. We're talking individual players, not the team part as a whole, then we're quite happy (Swedes and Finns are never truly satisfied. Stockholm and Helsinki people are excluded, they're generally delusional).

We're complaining because guys like Hägg is in the lineup. Russians are unhappy because their defense still sucks. That's a big difference.

This team is good enough to win gold, but it's always, only a game and anything can happen. But it's a really strong team. It's not exactly "Grossman kommer!" from our side. I'm actually feeling happy, because I think this team will perform really well. We don't have any Stars!, but we have a horde of really skilled and efficient players.
Best summary of this team yet!

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
How many forward spots are there yet to fill?

Lindholm
Nylander
Pettersson
Bratt
Hörnqvist
Kempe
Kempe
Lindblom
Loui
Krüger

These are locks. So probably four spots left or something. My guess is that Lander and Nygård will also make it so i would say that there are two spots left. Landeskog and Söderberg hopefully.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
It does. Pettersson and Lindholm normally both play on the right half wall too.
So does Nylander and Bratt those are our four most creative forwards right there atleast two of them are going to end up on the same PP.

Though personally as I’ve said before I’d like a slicker more explosive skater on there for transition.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
So does Nylander and Bratt those are our four most creative forwards right there atleast two of them are going to end up on the same PP.

True. I kind of like the idea of Hörnqvist and Loui on the same PP though, either one of them can step in as a screen and both are effective in front of the goalie. Should make it difficult for the defending team.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
True. I kind of like the idea of Hörnqvist and Loui on the same PP though, either one of them can step in as a screen and both are effective in front of the goalie. Should make it difficult for the defending team.
Yep it could work. I’m guessing they’re gonna keep Pettersson at the right half-wall it would be quite stupid to move him. I like that they’re keeping OEL on the first powerplay aswell he is just so damn smart. What did the second PP look like? Haha I just realized.. Nylander, Kempe and Bratt is literally an insane amount of speed to have on one PP they’re gonna rip shit up with their entries.

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Nylander pettersson hörnqvist is a better PP1
Is Nylander on the team yet though? Honestly it wouldn’t really surprise me if they decide to double-team Pettersson on the PP again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad