WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Nylander pettersson hörnqvist is a better PP1
Isn't that the same half wall problem? You can't play both Pettersson and Nylander in their natural position on the PP.

Islanders have been eliminated. Too bad for Lehner Sweden is already stacked and ready to go at the goaltending position.

Last edited:

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Isn't that the same half wall problem? You can't play both Pettersson and Nylander in their natural position on the PP.

Islanders have been eliminated. Too bad for Lehner Sweden is already stacked and ready to go at the goaltending position.
Wrong teams get eliminated. I want klingberg but looks like dallas move on.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

Whichever players you decide to play together you’re gonna have two players on it that want to play the right half wall since Pettersson, Lindholm, Nylander and Bratt all play it.

TommySalo

Dec 27, 2009
Wrong teams get eliminated. I want klingberg but looks like dallas move on.
Untill now we are better stacked defensively, we need more offensive power, if we want to compete on par with Russia, Canada, USA, Finland and Czech Republic.

I think that Sundqvist can be a very useful 3rd center for Sweden, if he is available, of course. Steen, if he know his role in the team, playing 12-13 minutes per game could be solid addition too.
Gunarsson is definitely no for me.

Offensively we could add -Soderberg and Landeskog from Colorado/I still have my doubts they will accept. Soderberg is not the most willing player to represent his country, while Landeskog had serious injury problems and I read that he is playing with painkillers at the moment/.

The more interesting options for me are - Sorensen/had a very, very good breakthrough season/, Johansson and Bjorkstrand /he is having an amazing season and the boy is a f***in sniper/.
My gut feeling is that if all 3 of them are eliminated from the playoffs and are invited - only Johansson will refuse to join Sweden.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Untill now we are better stacked defensively, we need more offensive power, if we want to compete on par with Russia, Canada, USA, Finland and Czech Republic.

I think that Sundqvist can be a very useful 3rd center for Sweden, if he is available, of course. Steen, if he know his role in the team, playing 12-13 minutes per game could be solid addition too.
Gunarsson is definitely no for me.

Offensively we could add -Soderberg and Landeskog from Colorado/I still have my doubts they will accept. Soderberg is not the most willing player to represent his country, while Landeskog had serious injury problems and I read that he is playing with painkillers at the moment/.

The more interesting options for me are - Sorensen/had a very, very good breakthrough season/, Johansson and Bjorkstrand /he is having an amazing season and the boy is a ****in sniper/.
My gut feeling is that if all 3 of them are eliminated from the playoffs and are invited - only Johansson will refuse to join Sweden.
Björkstrand is Danish. Our team is easily better on paper than Finland, Czech rep. and Canada right now.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Didnt like Bratt being moved to the 3rd line before the 3rd period. I don’t actually think that change made a difference, but rather it was the fact that the Czechs slowed down. Hope that this is not a sign of things to come.

Reactions: VictorLustig

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Didnt like Bratt being moved to the 3rd line before the 3rd period. I don’t actually think that change made a difference, but rather it was the fact that the Czechs slowed down. Hope that this is not a sign of things to come.

Agree. Didn't think Hörnqvist looked like a great fit with Pettersson and Bratt on that line. Neither of them had a strong game though and it's still only one game.

Reactions: Vesperia and EK47

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Loui eriksson and pettersson didnt really work 5 on 5 in canucks so i dont understand why grönborg keeps rolling that?

Reactions: alexpj

Marcus Helin

Apr 23, 2018
Markström överkörd av finländare – tvingades byta

markstrom-overkord--tvingades-byta

Markström possibly injured but hopefully he's okay. If not, it will open up for Lehner.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Both top formations didnt create much.

Should nylander play with lindholm or pettersson?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I have so much respect for Grönborg creating a joining culture of NHL players and then he creates lines like this. WTF?! What answer did he want? "What happens if I'm an idiot and make the worst constellations I can think of?". Well, you got your answer, you just lost one of your #1 goalies and the team played like shit. I hope you're happy.

"Let's create f***ing shit lines and try to win a game." Yeah, let's try that. Or, how about making sensible lines that can dominate the ice? Nope, too complicated for Grönborg. All in all, he's such an idiot. I would've created better lineups after 12 beers, blindfolded with a dart and post-it notes. Not kidding.

What the f*** is he paid for? If you want some possession, how about creating a thought how the line will create that possession? Nope, let's just chew on grass and lower our IQ with -85 instead when we create our lineup. In a way, I'm so glad he's done with this job. Some of his decisions are just, absolutely baffling, even if he's the friendliest coach in a long time.

It took 40 minutes to stop my jaw from dropping when I saw the lineups for the Finnish game. The drugs he's taking, I want them. I know I'm exaggerating by a ton, but that was still a pathetic performance by him. That Garpenlöv is his apprentic doesn't make me happier.

I know he's won 2 straight golds. That still doesn't tell me why he formed such terrible lines. Is he masking everything and he did exactly that? 12 beers, blindfolded with a dart and post-it notes? That would've explained it. Then I have nothing to complain about.

Last edited:

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
I have so much respect for Grönborg creating a joining culture of NHL players and then he creates lines like this. WTF?! What answer did he want? "What happens if I'm an idiot and make the worst constellations I can think of?". Well, you got your answer, you just lost one of your #1 goalies and the team played like ****. I hope you're happy.

"Let's create ****ing **** lines and try to win a game." Yeah, let's try that. Or, how about making sensible lines that can dominate the ice? Nope, too complicated for Grönborg. All in all, he's such an idiot. I would've created better lineups after 12 beers, blindfolded with a dart and post-it notes. Not kidding.

What the **** is he paid for? If you want some possession, how about creating a thought how the line will create that possession? Nope, let's just chew on grass and lower our IQ with -85 instead when we create our lineup. In a way, I'm so glad he's done with this job. Some of his decisions are just, absolutely baffling, even if he's the friendliest coach in a long time.

It took 40 minutes to stop my jaw from dropping when I saw the lineups for the Finnish game. The drugs he's taking, I want them. I know I'm exaggerating by a ton, but that was still a pathetic performance by him. That Garpenlöv is his apprentic doesn't make me happier.

I know he's won 2 straight golds. That still doesn't tell me why he formed such terrible lines. Is he masking everything and he did exactly that? 12 beers, blindfolded with a dart and post-it notes? That would've explained it. Then I have nothing to complain about.

It's been like this for a number of years for Tre Konor under Gronberg. If I recall correctly, there was a thing last year with Pettersson where he didn't want to play him or something along those lines.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
It's been like this for a number of years for Tre Konor under Gronberg. If I recall correctly, there was a thing last year with Pettersson where he didn't want to play him or something along those lines.
You're thinking about either Dahlin at the olympics, or about EP not getting invited to the olympics.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Looks like Nylander will play 2C, so he'll play with either Lindholm or none of them.

The real question is what Bratt's doing on the 3rd line.
Yeah i dont like the top line. Pettersson needs to play with skill.

Grönborg has never been good with line combinations.

I hope garpen improves on that but i doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad