WC: TEAM CANADA 2023

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
The path to the gold is there, just have to get thru Latvia and Germany! Who would have guessed? Of course Latvia knocked out Sweden and almost did the same to us, and Germany took out the undefeated US. Really good to have some new storylines. I plan to get up at 6 am to cheer for Latvia, hope they have enough in the tank for 1 more.

Be good if Bear is back tomorrow....D was a bit shaky. Anyone know the status of his injury ?
Haven't heard anything on Bear yet, hopefully he is good to go.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Check out those lineups:

Some big names.

Bronze team in case anyone was wondering.lol

4th place back when every goalie wasn't a Vezina candidate.

Reactions: jj cale and NyQuil

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Don’t see a GDT for the gold medal game anywhere up yet. Will have to PVR this one as I need to leave for family plans just after puck drop.

Hopefully the boys come out flying and we take Gold

Reactions: jj cale

Mainiac

May 15, 2021
Interesting, German has actually scored more than us this year, 34-33. OTOH we've allowed 6 fewer goals. Most years we lead the tournament in scoring (or close to it) but obviously not a usual year. Anyway, clearly team D and Montembeault is the winning formula for us.

Latvia & Germany both going home with hardware - gotta like that.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Super steady D pairings, absolutely solid and sometimes awesome goal tending, scoring throughout the forward lines.

Another one to add to the mantle boys. If it’s on ice and there’s a puck, you better believe Canada is the team to beat.

Let’s go boys.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
I would like to see Canada bring one or two stars to the World Cup again, as was the case in the past. Simply for the show values. I loved those teams with Lindros, Kariya or Yzerman.
But even without them the results speak for themselves, congratulations on the 28th WC win, very well deserved. 😀

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
look at how happy the canadians players was when they celebrated the gold...

"we dont care about wc"...:rolleyes:
Happy for the members of our, like, P team for really evolving and coming together as a team and taking home the trophy. All the boys looked like they become brothers over the last week, loved seeing the smiles on the bench.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Happy for the members of our, like, P team for really evolving and coming together as a team and taking home the trophy. All the boys looked like they become brothers over the last week, loved seeing the smiles on the bench.
Yes it was great to see. I was not impressed with the Roster Canada sent to this tournament. I thought they were destined to a QF Loss, and one of the weaker Teams Canada has sent this past decade. However, credit to the coaching staff and all the players for really evolving and coming together. Congratulations to our D or E Team for winning Gold against countries in Europe that treat this tournament very seriously.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I would like to see Canada bring one or two stars to the World Cup again, as was the case in the past. Simply for the show values. I loved those teams with Lindros, Kariya or Yzerman.
But even without them the results speak for themselves, congratulations on the 28th WC win, very well deserved. 😀
Thanks Lauro, you guys had a great tournament, lot to be happy and proud about.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I haven't seen you posting, D. I missed it.
This year’s playoffs have just been depressing, and I’m going through a hockey crisis as I try to transition from a Penguins fan (after being disaffected all year, and as Crosby begins to decline) to a Hawks fan (to follow my boy Bedard).

This year’s draft is so unpredictable, I’m really looking forward to it and hoping it will jolt my interest long enough to last until the Hlinka!

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This year’s playoffs have just been depressing, and I’m going through a hockey crisis as I try to transition from a Penguins fan (after being disaffected all year, and as Crosby begins to decline) to a Hawks fan (to follow my boy Bedard).

This year’s draft is so unpredictable, I’m really looking forward to it and hoping it will jolt my interest long enough to last until the Hlinka!
Lots of Canadians still left in the Stanley Cup playoffs! LOTS to root for.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
1685311170901.png

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm glad for the players that they were able to pull out the win. As a general fan, the IIHF world championships is not some big deal and I was certainly disappointed with the roster in terms of development opportunities, but it has to be huge for the players there. I'm sure that lots of guys on that roster never imagined they'd even get the chance to play for Canada (or play for Canada again) better yet win a gold. Pretty cool and I'm sure they are rightly enjoying it. Good for them for simply going out an winning.

Reactions: Mehar

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Happy Canada won, pretty shocked actually. The team on paper is one of the worst we have ever sent over, at least recently. I'm glad to see some upsets and success from nontraditional hockey powers. Things really didn't look good for Canada pre playoff rounds.

I appreciate those who went over to support Canada and took time away from their families and rest. Thanks guys and it paid off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad