WC: TEAM CANADA 2023

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Gearing up for another eventful Team Canada international schedule.

My wish list for the May IIHF WHC is in constant state of flux... but I'll open with being overly optimistic (McDavid) it's difficult for me to formulate a Team Canada roster and not have McDavid on it...unless of course the Avs suffer through a Stanley Cup hangover and suddenly MacKinnon is in the discussion. And my overly sentimental choice (Letang). I'd love to see Kris play at least once for Team Canada before he hangs them up for good. He hasn't played an international game since his junior days. and that's a real shame. A Team Canada appearance in May and he's my pick to wear be Captain.

Looking forward to the year getting started and opening up the man cave for another hockey season, NHL and Team Canada.

Z HYMAN​
C MCDAVID​
D BATHERSON​
K JOHNSON​
B POINT​
D MERCER​
C SILLINGER​
R THOMAS​
J KYROU​
C PERFETTI​
M MCTAVISH​
N SUZUKI​

T KONECNY C BEDARD​

T CHABOT​
K LETANG​
J MORRISEY​
C PARAYKO​
A PELECH​
N DOBSON​
O POWER​
B MONTOUR​

D KUEMPER​
C HART​
E COMRI​

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Definitely time for guys like Morrisey, Thomas and Dobson to get some reps. Hart and Comrie in nets too, good, time to start getting an idea what we have in those two.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Definitely time for guys like Morrisey, Thomas and Dobson to get some reps. Hart and Comrie in nets too, good, time to start getting an idea what we have in those two.

Still no room for Jakob Chychrun. at least not yet anyway. We'll see how he starts the year and if (Big IF) he can stay off the IR.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
No big deal, he never seems to be in T.C's plans anyway, he's persona non grata with HC.
I wonder why that is, its so weird considering he went out of his way to play for Hockey Canada over USA Hockey. He even played at the IIHF sanctioned U18 tournament in Grand Forks for Canada. I remember watching that U18 team play here at the Iceplex for exhibition games. He's eligible to play for the US again I believe.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I wonder why that is, its so weird considering he went out of his way to play for Hockey Canada over USA Hockey. He even played at the IIHF sanctioned U18 tournament in Grand Forks for Canada. I remember watching that U18 team play here at the Iceplex for exhibition games. He's eligible to play for the US again I believe.
I find it odd. Young, talented, good skills with a couple of good seasons under his belt and as a member of the Arizona coyotes, perennially available, yet not one suit up at the WHC.

Don't get it.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I find it odd. Young, talented, good skills with a couple of good seasons under his belt and as a member of the Arizona coyotes, perennially available, yet not one suit up at the WHC.

Don't get it.

A couple of years, the two most recent campaigns, he played at a level worthy of an invite, but those years he was also derailed somewhat by injuries.

He never makes any of my roster wish lists because there were always better options, players playing better and well, playing. not rehabbing something,

We'll see how it goes with him this year.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
1st. roster update since puck drop on the season. I'm liking the look of things so far.

A little disappointed in how Sillinger has started off, but still time to work his way out of his sophomore rut.

One last kick at the can to get Spurgeon in a Team Canada jersey. Unlikely, but we shall see how it goes.

Z HYMAN​
C MCDAVID​
M SCHEIFELE​
S STAMKOS​
B POINT​
C GIROUX​
A MANTHA​
N SUZUKI​
J ANDERSON​
C PERFETTI​
M MCTAVISH​
D BATHERSON​

D MERCER C BEDARD​

T CHABOT​
J SPURGEON​
A PELECH​
N DOBSON​
J MORRISEY​
D HAMILTON​
M FARRARO​
R PULOCK​

D KUEMPER​
J ALLEN​
D LEVI​

Reactions: jaro

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1st. roster update since puck drop on the season. I'm liking the look of things so far.

A little disappointed in how Sillinger has started off, but still time to work his way out of his sophomore rut.

One last kick at the can to get Spurgeon in a Team Canada jersey. Unlikely, but we shall see how it goes.

Z HYMAN​
C MCDAVID​
M SCHEIFELE​
S STAMKOS​
B POINT​
C GIROUX​
A MANTHA​
N SUZUKI​
J ANDERSON​
C PERFETTI​
M MCTAVISH​
D BATHERSON​

D MERCER C BEDARD​

T CHABOT​
J SPURGEON​
A PELECH​
N DOBSON​
J MORRISEY​
D HAMILTON​
M FARRARO​
R PULOCK​

D KUEMPER​
J ALLEN​
D LEVI​
As an Oil fan.. I really don't like your projection at all. However, Bouch and Nurse should be on the team in case this happens.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
As an Oil fan.. I really don't like your projection at all. However, Bouch and Nurse should be on the team in case this happens.
I haven't caught an oil game yet this year, how is bouch looking so far? I saw some promising play out of him at the tail end of last year.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Another head scratcher concerning a guy who has never played for Canada at this thing, Spugeon.

Don't get it.

In this case, it's mostly on Spurgeon. Hockey Canada peeps talked about him for a 2014 Olympic spot. I just think he has a Drew Doughty level aversion for the annual IIHF Skodas.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
In this case, it's mostly on Spurgeon. Hockey Canada peeps talked about him for a 2014 Olympic spot. I just think he has a Drew Doughty level aversion for the annual IIHF Skodas.
I saw a short segment on him a few years back and it looked like he was married with kids really young, a real family guy, perhaps that plays into it.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018

The Oil should play better and be in a playoff spot and then there would be no Oil players on my roster and you would like it better. Nurse/Bouchard pairing is an option. check back again around American thanksgiving for the next roster update/

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I saw a short segment on him a few years back and it looked like he was married with kids really young, a real family guy, perhaps that plays into it.

Since Hockey Canada goes to great lengths to accommodate families at the tournament, I'm more inclined to believe he is just not that into the international game. unless of course it is an A-List Olympic team sort of thingy. He might be into that. I'm hoping he plays just once...but I doubt it. Highly unlikely that he's in the running for a 2026 Olympic team.

Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I haven't caught an oil game yet this year, how is bouch looking so far? I saw some promising play out of him at the tail end of last year.
He's my fav Oiler and he's struggled. I was POSITIVE this is the year he catches up to the Dobson's, Boqvists, Hughes guys that were drafted near him. I wanted him on first pair with Nurse. He's been third pair and has looked suspect so far. Very surprising as I thought he had a rocket ship strapped to his back. Big fan but not much to brag about right now.

Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The Oil should play better and be in a playoff spot and then there would be no Oil players on my roster and you would like it better. Nurse/Bouchard pairing is an option. check back again around American thanksgiving for the next roster update/
Fair enough, we have sucked.lol

I'd suggest looking at McLeod for bottom 6 too. Another riser with big wheels. Holloway (if ever healthy as his bell was rung) is another guy for a World's as Canada usually goes a bit younger.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Fair enough, we have sucked.lol

I'd suggest looking at McLeod for bottom 6 too. Another riser with big wheels. Holloway (if ever healthy as his bell was rung) is another guy for a World's as Canada usually goes a bit younger.
I liked Mcleod last year, another guy who has some struggles finishing but he got things done motoring with the puck into the O zone, he would be a good fit on a TC on the bottom lines like you said.

Surprised about Bouch, he looked to be taking strides last year when I watched him but it's early, lot's of time to turn it around.

Reactions: Czechboy

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Got to say it, Gabe Vilardi has finally arrived. Can LA get him signed to an extension ASAP please. would love to see him in a Team Canada jersey this spring at the WHC. If available of course. I have a feeling he will deliver the goals and pts. this time.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
American Thanksgiving Day roster addition. Apologies to @Czechboy but your Oilers are still outside a PO spot. and Bouchard is pending RFA. so, most likely he will decline any invite. I like this team.

@jj cale there you go. some Chychrun for you. Hopefully he can stay off LTIR.

Z HYMAN​
C MCDAVID​
D BATHERSON
J HUBERDEAU​
N SUZUKI
K DACH
B HAGEL​
B POINT​
A MANTHA​
K JOHNSON
C VERHAEGHE​
D GUENTHER

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD

J CHYCHRUN​
A EKBLAD​
O POWER
B MONTOUR​
T CHABOT​
M WEEGAR​
A XHEKAJ K GUHLE

D KUEMPER​
C HART
D LEVI

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
American Thanksgiving Day roster addition. Apologies to @Czechboy but your Oilers are still outside a PO spot. and Bouchard is pending RFA. so, most likely he will decline any invite. I like this team.

Z HYMAN​
C MCDAVID​
D BATHERSON
J HUBERDEAU​
N SUZUKI
K DACH
B HAGEL​
B POINT​
A MANTHA​
K JOHNSON
C VERHAEGHE​
D GUENTHER

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD

J CHYCHRUN​
A EKBLAD​
O POWER
B MONTOUR​
T CHABOT​
M WEEGAR​
A XHEKAJ K GUHLE

D KUEMPER​
C HART
D LEVI
Sweet team GS..........I like it. Actually more happy you have Xhekaj on there then Chychrun, the Euro fans will love him, cue the" always dirty Canadians" posts, lol.

Warms my heart

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Z HYMAN​
C MCDAVID​
D BATHERSON
J HUBERDEAU​
N SUZUKI
K DACH
B HAGEL​
B POINT​
A MANTHA​
K JOHNSON
C VERHAEGHE​
D GUENTHER

M MCTAVISH C BEDARD

J CHYCHRUN​
A EKBLAD​
O POWER
B MONTOUR​
T CHABOT​
M WEEGAR​
A XHEKAJ K GUHLE

D KUEMPER​
C HART
D LEVI
Threadjack.. how on earth can the Oil not be in a playoff spot? This is year 100 of Connor and we have a goalie controversy, a D controversy, a bottom 6 contoversy and coaching contoversy 20 games in! Just pathetic! Even worse.. the West is much easier than the East! There are at least 3 very good teams out of the playoffs in the East every time I look. West is not that defined and it's reversed from a decade ago...East is deep!

Back to International... Drai, Seider, Stutzl, Reicel, Peterka and Grubauer would all be available today so Germany could send their World Cup roster to a Skoda Cup. I wonder if they'd medal?

This team Canada would be ridiculous! I'm not even sure the Finn's, Sisu and Jalonen could stop them... but, let's face it, that'd be who would do it if anyone. I'd guess that'd be 7 out of the last 8 finals for Canada at the Skoda at the very least! In theory 2 best on best goalies for canada too!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sweet team GS..........I like it. Actually more happy you have Xhekaj on there then Chychrun, the Euro fans will love him, cue the" always dirty Canadians" posts, lol.

Warms my heart
Wifi has expressed interest in playing for the Czechs too! It's about time you Canucks stopped robbing Czechs of their players... Bonk, Svoboda, Stastny, Nedved, Musil and now wifi. US are no better - Pivonka, Hejduk x 2 and Fischer. It's clearly a conspiracy as I don't see any McDavid's, Crosby's or Mackinnon's on the Czech side.lol

Yes, it'd be funny to watch him crush a few Euro Leaguers... down goes Kase, down goes Chlapik.lol You should bring Reeves, Lucic and Simmonds (both free yesterday) as your fourth line!

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Threadjack.. how on earth can the Oil not be in a playoff spot? This is year 100 of Connor and we have a goalie controversy, a D controversy, a bottom 6 contoversy and coaching contoversy 20 games in! Just pathetic! Even worse.. the West is much easier than the East! There are at least 3 very good teams out of the playoffs in the East every time I look. West is not that defined and it's reversed from a decade ago...East is deep!

Back to International... Drai, Seider, Stutzl, Reicel, Peterka and Grubauer would all be available today so Germany could send their World Cup roster to a Skoda Cup. I wonder if they'd medal?

This team Canada would be ridiculous! I'm not even sure the Finn's, Sisu and Jalonen could stop them... but, let's face it, that'd be who would do it if anyone. I'd guess that'd be 7 out of the last 8 finals for Canada at the Skoda at the very least! In theory 2 best on best goalies for canada too!

A Canada - Deutschland GMG in May would be a nice change of pace. Could be interesting. Hopefully a lot of stars show up.

Reactions: jaro

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2