WC: TEAM CANADA 2023

Mainiac

May 15, 2021
Well....have the highest regard for Latvia, great hockey country and the absolute best fans, but now that it's crunch time, let's get it done guys....on to the GOLD.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Okay, girls and boys! hockey fans from coast to coast to coast. A GMG Canada vs USA would be the ideal start to my summer BBQ season tomorrow.

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
That was far from a full 60 minutes today but they got it done when it counted. Sneaky good goal by Quinn to knot things up, big goal and then Fantilli doubles down with an even bigger one to send us into the finals, great goal.

Will really need to clean things up for the final, lot of bad penalties today.

Last edited:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Pleased with that third period, have to try and play with the lead in the final.

Getting Quinn and Fantilli going at the right time might help.
Quinns potted a couple of big goals now and hopefully that sweet goal by Fantilli gets him going offensively.

This isn't a team that can afford even one passenger.

Reactions: NyQuil and Tobyboy

afrobomber11

May 23, 2010
Flin Flon Manitoba
@Czechboy

What did I tell you about Adam Fantilli before this WHC? Was I right or was I right? God damn it's hard being so right all the time.

although, my expectations for Adam was 4 pts. 2 goals 2 assists in 10 games. He has two games left with which to meet my rather modest expectations. Hopefully he can chip in with an important goal in the semis or hopefully the final.

But God Damn! Do I know players. :thumbu:
Uncanny!!! Good call!!!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
yeah that anson carter goal...was not even goal in ot

1685207632084.jpeg

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
yeah that anson carter goal...was not even goal in ot
oh it was a goal........the camera showed it, but swedish fans can continue to tell themselves whatever they want in order to deal with that, theres no law against it.

not sure why you doubt it..................sweden really isn't a top hockey power anyway right?

no one would expect them to win that game....................and sure enough they didn't.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
oh it was a goal........the camera showed it, but swedish fans can continue to tell themselves whatever they want in oder to deal with that, theres no law against it.

not sure why you doubt it..................sweden really isn't a top hockey power anyway right?

no one would expect them to win that game....................and sure enough they didn't.
we where good back then- we faced canada in finals 1997, 2003 and 2004. of course canada won all 3 finals, you guys have our number. but no shame losing to Canada, best hockey country in the world.

ok fine i admit, it was a goal. that was a nice game, even game that went to ot

• Love
Reactions: jj cale and NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Those early 2000s Canadian teams were fun to watch, back when guys like Heatley, Smyth and Nash would come.

Sweden was always a tough opponent.

It’s a lot different now when our best player is a two-way defenceman and our flashiest player hasn’t been drafted yet.

I get a Spengler Cup vibe from this team but you can’t argue with the results.

A lot of Canadians get hung up on the lack of players, and that’s fine, I get that, but the novelty of a different lineup every year is what brings me back annually as I get to see guys I may not be familiar with and interesting line combinations.

My favourite might be when Marchand and Gallagher were on the same line and ended up as good buddies, lol.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Those early 2000s Canadian teams were fun to watch, back when guys like Heatley, Smyth and Nash would come.

It’s a lot different now when our best player is a two-way defenceman and our flashiest player hasn’t been drafted yet.
dont forget the 1997 wc finals..back when it was more than one 1 game...more fair and more like a real playoffs

Screenshot_2.png

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.

A lot of Canadians get hung up on the lack of players, and that’s fine, I get that, but the novelty of a different lineup every year is what brings me back annually as I get to see guys I may not be familiar with and interesting line combinations.

My favourite might be when Marchand and Gallagher were on the same line and ended up as good buddies, lol.
I remember the Crosby and giroux World Cup. That was pretty cool to see them hugging and laughing

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
dont forget the 1997 wc finals..back when it was more than one 1 game...more fair and more like a real playoffs

View attachment 713220

Check out those lineups:

Some big names.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Check out those lineups:

Some big names.
Didn't think I'd ever see or hear the name Rick Tabaracchi ever again.

Good times.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017

Crosby and Giroux hated each other with everything in them. Then they went to Prague together and won gold :)

What a time that was lol.

Mainiac

May 15, 2021
The path to the gold is there, just have to get thru Latvia and Germany! Who would have guessed? Of course Latvia knocked out Sweden and almost did the same to us, and Germany took out the undefeated US. Really good to have some new storylines. I plan to get up at 6 am to cheer for Latvia, hope they have enough in the tank for 1 more.

Be good if Bear is back tomorrow....D was a bit shaky. Anyone know the status of his injury ?

Reactions: NyQuil and jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad