Tanner "The Rangers' Class Pet Rock" Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I hope we return to the SCF this year and the game winning goal of the final game is scored by Glass on a 1-0 win. That would be ultra hilarious. I would pay to see that. I would pay to make it happen.
I hope that happens too. I think everyone here would.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Lee it's nice to dream about Glass being useful, but if he's playing games for us in the playoffs, we've got problems.

Last edited:

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
I hope we return to the SCF this year and the game winning goal of the final game is scored by Glass on a 1-0 win. That would be ultra hilarious. I would pay to see that. I would pay to make it happen.

Nothing would surprise me after seeing that Brian Boyle snipe last year

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Brian Boyle's goal total from 2011 (one season) is more than Glass has scored in his entire career, including the playoffs.

They aren't comparable.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I was watching last night with a friend who maybe watches 10 hockey games a year.

Halfway into the second period:

"Who's that guy in 15? He's awful."

Yup. I know. We all know.

Ugh.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Brian Boyle's goal total from 2011 (one season) is more than Glass has scored in his entire career, including the playoffs.

They aren't comparable.
You could add up two of Boyle's NHL seasons and get more goals than Glass had in his four year college career.

This is fun.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Tanner Glass' goal total from every season of hockey at all levels that he played from his draft year forward: 74

Brian Boyle's goal totals from his NHL hockey years alone: 64

This is really fun.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
At the very least, Brooks suggested that Stempniak isn't meant to play a grinder role, and didn't make up some ******** about him being a liability.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
How one missing piece could haunt the Rangers down stretch

http://nypost.com/2015/02/13/how-one-missing-piece-could-haunt-the-rangers-down-stretch/

I think it will be an issue in the playoffs, unfortunately.
AV want to use 4 lines, but we miss Brian Boyle. :shakehead

Brooks' has sources, and him writing an article like this is likely indicative of the beginning of the end of Tanner Glass... Just let that sink in for a few moments.

I think we need a 3rd line player that can play on the 4th line, or an elite 4th line player.

I just cannot see Glass continued to be used as a 4th line staple with his horrendous play, and if Brooks' is noting this in a Post article, there's definitely weight to it

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
So why isn't he playing in the NHL?

For what it is worth it takes a lot of pieces falling in to place to get to reach that level. I have buddies strewn throughout the show, ncaa, and Europe; most were no more skilled than anyone else on my youth and junior teams (few of them were incredible though), they just got an opportunity and made the most of it. Just being good at hockey isn't enough to make it to the show.

Tanner Glass is brutal, he is only in the NHL because of his physicality and ability to become a punching bag when needed, he would get walked by a fair amount of people that I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad