Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Glass was an absolute non-factor for Pittsburgh in the playoffs last season.

It's laughable to think that he's going to make the slightest positive difference in either regular season or playoffs.

Just look at Detroit. I can't remember the last time they had a player as useless as Glass, and it doesn't seem to hamper them.

The new grit guys in the NHL are the Prusts, Dorsetts, and Carcillos. Glass is demonstrably worse than all of them. I don't mind having a guy that can drop the gloves in the lineup, but they need to be able to do more than that. Glass is completely useless. He's just a bad hockey player. John Scott is, statistically, far better than Tanner Glass. Let that sink in for a minute.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
A significant portion of fans at MSG buy into the whole "Glass is a tuff guy who sticks up for his teammates thing."

No one on HF or any other rangers discussion board likes him because casual fans don't discuss the team on internet message boards. But they certainly go to the games.

Certainly not the reason I rarely post.
After a decade of checking on things and occasionally posting I can honestly say there was always a more heightened sense of panic around here than at MSG. Which is understandable.
After seeing a bunch of games this season at MSG I can tell you that Glass really doesn't get much of a reaction. I've heard some boos on bad plays and some cheers when he hits but he relatively goes unnoticed. Having said that, it should be noted that Dolan does a great job at cracking down on kicking fans out that give it to the home team... which is a different discussion altogether.
Back to Glass, I would really like to meet his agent because his contract and roster spot makes no sense for this team whatsoever.
One way to think about is if the people praising Glass for being physical can really see how useless he really is if players like Krieder and Miller use their bodies and play on the edge more consistently because its proven thats when they're the most effective.
Easy to dump on Glass but again he is not the reason this team doesn't play 3 full periods of hockey on a more consistent basis. Defense has to tighten up and all 4 lines have to roll.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Does anyone want to send a letter to Dolan about being fed up that Glass is on the team? Will he respond back calling us alcoholics? Will he respond back saying we are embarrassments and he wants us to become Devil or Islander fans? Will he even know who Glass is?

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Easy to dump on Glass but again he is not the reason this team doesn't play 3 full periods of hockey on a more consistent basis. Defense has to tighten up and all 4 lines have to roll.

All four lines have to roll. Exactly!

I bet there is a lot of agreement on this point.

Last edited:

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I once posted something about Glass on facebook and my friend chimed in agreeing with me. Then another friend who played hockey and I used to respect his opinion responded "you guys probably like Zuccarello". I'm sure there are a ton of fans at the garden that like him because he's supposedly a blue collar player. A lot of the crowd that goes to Rangers games and thankfully doesn't post here are the type of anti-intellectual buffoons that I wouldn't associate myself in real life.

I've been to 5 games this season, sitting in a different section every time.

Everyone around me at every game hated Glass. Few people boo'd him and shouts of "get off the ice Glass" were heard at the last game I went to against the Panthers.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
CXghGYa.png

Pgd0Ths.png

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I've been to 5 games this season, sitting in a different section every time.

Everyone around me at every game hated Glass. Few people boo'd him and shouts of "get off the ice Glass" were heard at the last game I went to against the Panthers.

That's encouraging. I remember the Rangers facebook page going crazy when useless Rupp was traded. Maybe they're getting smarter.

jgimb

Dec 28, 2012
Tanner Glass wouldn't even be a good player in my mens league.. I'm being 110% serious.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
If you have an issue with the rules or how they are being enforced, please reach out to us privately.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Glass was on for two goals for tonight! He's now been on for three goals for in only 10 months.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I hope we return to the SCF this year and the game winning goal of the final game is scored by Glass on a 1-0 win. That would be ultra hilarious. I would pay to see that. I would pay to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad