Tanner "The Rangers' Class Pet Rock" Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
He's back and AV is ready to use him like he's a real life hockey player instead of the fictional hockey player, real life waste of everything that can be wasted, we all know him to be.

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
For what it's worth, I think he was misdiagnosed with the mumps.

The symptoms of mumps include the following:

Swelling and pain of one or both parotid glands are the usual main symptoms. ...
The mouth may feel dry.
Chewing and swallowing may be sore.
Fever (high temperature), headache, feeling tired and being off food may develop for a few days. ...
Mild abdominal (tummy) pain may occur.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Mumps.htm

I get many of those symptoms from watching him play. The team probably just had him doing too much video review.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
For what it's worth, I think he was misdiagnosed with the mumps.

The symptoms of mumps include the following:

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Mumps.htm

I get many of those symptoms from watching him play. The team probably just had him doing too much video review.

You should never look directly at the Tanner Glass attempt to play hockey. It's been known to cause blindness, and in extreme cases turn the viewer into Tanner's hands.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'm pretty sick of him trying to clear the zone and getting pinned in again and again. You can't afford to have 3rd and 4th liners that make mistakes and turn the puck over a lot and expect to be a contending team.

Last year AV seemed to have a pet project in Pouliot that worked out after 35 painful games, but at least that guy was skilled.

Tanner... I don't know what AV sees in him. AV is a smart guy who did have a run to the finals with Tanner earlier, so I'm sure that there is something of substance, but I sure as hell don't see it.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
I think Tanner Glass is the worst Ranger player I've ever seen. He adds nothing to the team. I was trying to think of worse Rangers of the past 25 years.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
I don't think it was coincidence that our 4th line looked awful last night. It looked great with Miller Moore and fast. Glass just brings them all down. It's ridiculous

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Was at the game last night and made it a point to watch Miller and this clown away from the puck, he literally brings nothing to the team I think he finished a check behind the play once, if that. It's like watching someone that doesn't know how to swim do enough to keep their mouth above water without drowning. This guy needs to be in the press box.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
It sucks because I can point out individual instances where Fast and Moore made real good plays last night. Moore had two points, both with Glass not on the ice.

He really makes them a useless line.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
It sucks because I can point out individual instances where Fast and Moore made real good plays last night. Moore had two points, both with Glass not on the ice.

He really makes them a useless line.
And with Glass on the line, they're getting less defensive zone starts, taking offensive opportunities away from those capable of providing offense.

Miller had two straight games on the 4th line without an offensive zone start.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
And with Glass on the line, they're getting less defensive zone starts, taking offensive opportunities away from those capable of providing offense.

Miller had two straight games on the 4th line without an offensive zone start.

Yep.

I remember seeing Brassard's line in the defensive zone a few times wondering why the **** they were there. Then I remembered Glass can't be trusted in the defensive zone. If he can't be trusted in ANY zones, why the **** is he getting played? I don't understand...

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Throwback to preseason:

Saw that one penalty coming from a mile away but other then that I've contiued to like what I've seen. Not the pylon that 95% of you claimed he'd be.

Not as bad as advertised. Sky isn't falling.

Glass to me is a taller, tougher version than Prust, can play the PK as well..

Now you'll start seeing people claiming that he's a completely different player because they can never be wrong about what they said he was.

Glass is a 12-15 point guy who is a pretty decent penalty killer. Glass IMO has a small edge over Prust in overall skating ability. They are both really good middleweights with some hockey skill and intangibles. Ideally gritty 4th liners.

good signing and I think he skates a lot better than he gets credit for. fans will love him

I love how all the haters keep thinking that signing Glass was a mistake. The organization signed him because they like him. Both AV and Arniel are familiar with him. They think he has what the team needs on the ice. Here's what AV said about him:

So tell me this: why do some people here think they know more than the coaching staff? Do you think the organization throws darts at names? Do you think that no one has any idea what his advanced stats look like?

The guy's a forth liner--if he doesn't work out he'll be replaced. But so far, he looks fine to me and I have no doubt he's going to be in the lineup on Opening Night.

He's clearly not as bad as the advanced stats fanboys would like you to believe.

Yeah. My eyes. They tell me he's a half decent bottom line player. :p:

I also like him. Don't understand all the disparaging remarks. Since when is it a liability to bring energy to the ice, with or without the puck?

I'm loving what I'm seeing out of Glass so far. Good and intimidating hitter, responsible defensively, good fighter. Seems like the perfect 4th line tough guy that every team needs.

Said all along he's a good signing, I hope he finally silenced that whining choir in here.

Glass is better than Dorsett, both as a player and as a fighter. To upgrade your goon while saving $200k and getting a 3rd round pick is great asset management. Good job, Slats!

He's been very solid.

Typically, the hate was overblown gasbaggery.

The talent evaluators here. Impressive that you can conclude so much from 30 minutes against split squads.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
I think Tanner Glass is the worst Ranger player I've ever seen. He adds nothing to the team. I was trying to think of worse Rangers of the past 25 years.

Ales Kotalik. Obviously vastly superior to Glass in terms of sheer skill, but comparable when it comes to self-inflicted, unnecessary damage.

Glass isn't coming out anytime soon. AV said during pre-game that he's performing as expected. He's right. Glass sucks in NY as much as he did in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately our coach has painted himself into a corner and has to keep playing Glass to prove that he's smarter than the rest of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad