Tanner "The Rangers' Class Pet Rock" Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
I'm not gonna come in here and say Glass is a great hockey player but you guys are getting a little too carried away with this. The guy is an enforcer and is not expected to score. If you don't like his contact blame the GM who apparently can't go a summer without giving some 4th line goon an overpay.

I think come playoff time Glass will become a little more appreciated around here

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
^ Why would an "enforcer" that can hardly play at an AHL level, if that, be appreciated even a little bit during the playoffs when the games are tighter, faster and nobody fights? That makes no sense.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I'm not gonna come in here and say Glass is a great hockey player but you guys are getting a little too carried away with this. The guy is an enforcer and is not expected to score. If you don't like his contact blame the GM who apparently can't go a summer without giving some 4th line goon an overpay.

I think come playoff time Glass will become a little more appreciated around here

He'll definitely be appreciated fully if he's benched for good in the playoffs.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Why? If he's a goon, as you say, recent history would suggest he'd play even less and have an even smaller role than he does now. In the playoffs, there are very, very few fights and the enforcer types generally find themselves glued to the bench.

You're absolutely correct in that Sather/Vigneault deserve the blame for this situation, but that doesn't change the fact that Glass is having a historically awful season. I'm rooting for him to succeed, but he's quite likely the worst player making regular appearances in the entirety of the NHL.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

If Glass is dressing for playoff games this team is ****ed with a capital F.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I'm a little surprised by the posters in the last page stating that Tanner Glass "tries." Watching him the past few games it really seems like he is just out there pretending to play hockey. He doesn't really try to do anything.

He skates around, he turns and changes speed here and there, but it always seems like he doesn't know what to do so as long as he stays busy maybe he thinks no one will notice. I notice. When he hits its late and pointless. When he fights it's meaningless and he kind of just holds on so he doesn't get beaten up.

The guy is probably one of those funny people person kind of guys that has AV fooled. I know lots of guys like that. Phonies. But somehow they manage to fool so many people.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

He's not even an enforcer, he's a waste of a roster spot and does nothing besides drag his linemates down. Great guy to have a beer with? Sure. But he's the worst ****ing hockey player I've ever seen in the NHL. I seriously think there's posters on here who could do better.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012

It's interesting. Last year we finally had a great fourth line and we got all the way to the finals. The previous two years our hopes were dashed by teams with better fourth lines than ours.

So if TG is still out there doing his thing (whatever it is) come playoff time we'll be at a disadvantage. The fourth line stinks with him on it. It's like a free-fire zone in our end when they're out there.

He was benched last year in the playoffs by Pittsburgh btw.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
He's not even an enforcer, he's a waste of a roster spot and does nothing besides drag his linemates down. Great guy to have a beer with? Sure. But he's the worst ****ing hockey player I've ever seen in the NHL. I seriously think there's posters on here who could do better.

I think most of them would die.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
^ Why would an "enforcer" that can hardly play at an AHL level, if that, be appreciated even a little bit during the playoffs when the games are tighter, faster and nobody fights? That makes no sense.

If someone starts taking liberties with some of our smaller guys in the PO Glass will dress and you will want him to. You really think this small team will not need some protection if it comes to that?

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
It's interesting. Last year we finally had a great fourth line and we got all the way to the finals. The previous two years our hopes were dashed by teams with better fourth lines than ours.

So if TG is still out there doing his thing (whatever it is) come playoff time we'll be at a disadvantage. The fourth line stinks with him on it. It's like a free-fire zone in our end when they're out there.

He was benched last year in the playoffs by Pittsburgh btw.

I'm not saying he will dress every game but I can see some situations happening where we may dress him for a game or two per series.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Here are the facts of the case:

- A hockey game is won by whichever team has more goals than the other.
- When Tanner Glass is on the ice, the Rangers have scored 1 goal and allowed 18.
- ONE and EIGHTEEN.

There's not scoring goals and then there's that.

DieByTheShield

Fire AV
Sep 15, 2014
San Diego CA

Yeah, because he will be in the MINORS where he belongs, not taking up the space of far, far better players.

Or if you are being sarcastic, use white text to state your sarcasm or this emoji: :sarcasm:.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Here are the facts of the case:

- A hockey game is won by whichever team has more goals than the other.
- When Tanner Glass is on the ice, the Rangers have scored 1 goal and allowed 18.
- ONE and EIGHTEEN.

There's not scoring goals and then there's that.

When Glass is on the ice, 94.7% of the goals scored are going into the Rangers' net

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

Glass isnt even a 4th line goon.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think some people can't let go of the fact that neanderthal hockey of the past is going the way of a dodo. Most teams try to have a guy that knows how to play even if he can drop the gloves.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Tanner Glass was never a good hockey player or a smart one, but I can't believe he's always been as awful as he has been this season. Three years ago in Winnipeg, he scored 5G9A-14pts while playing on the 4th line. I can't see how this year's Glass could possibly score that much. Even all all five of those goals in 'Peg bounced in off his butt, it would at least show that his line was keeping the puck in the offensive zone and getting chances and that he was going to the net and making things happen, neither of which you really see now.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Tanner Glass was never a good hockey player or a smart one, but I can't believe he's always been as awful as he has been this season. Three years ago in Winnipeg, he scored 5G9A-14pts while playing on the 4th line. I can't see how this year's Glass could possibly score that much. Even all all five of those goals in 'Peg bounced in off his butt, it would at least show that his line was keeping the puck in the offensive zone and getting chances and that he was going to the net and making things happen, neither of which you really see now.

Winnipeg fans say that he's decent. Pens fans and to a smaller extent Canucks fans hate him.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I think some people can't let go of the fact that neanderthal hockey of the past is going the way of a dodo. Most teams try to have a guy that knows how to play even if he can drop the gloves.

Im not sure I've encountered one Ranger fan who likes Glass.

But its a fun little narrative to make you feel smarter I guess.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Im not sure I've encountered one Ranger fan who likes Glass.

But its a fun little narrative to make you feel smarter I guess.

A significant portion of fans at MSG buy into the whole "Glass is a tuff guy who sticks up for his teammates thing."

No one on HF or any other rangers discussion board likes him because casual fans don't discuss the team on internet message boards. But they certainly go to the games.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
A significant portion of fans at MSG buy into the whole "Glass is a tuff guy who sticks up for his teammates thing."

No one on HF or any other rangers discussion board likes him because casual fans don't discuss the team on internet message boards. But they certainly go to the games.

I once posted something about Glass on facebook and my friend chimed in agreeing with me. Then another friend who played hockey and I used to respect his opinion responded "you guys probably like Zuccarello". I'm sure there are a ton of fans at the garden that like him because he's supposedly a blue collar player. A lot of the crowd that goes to Rangers games and thankfully doesn't post here are the type of anti-intellectual buffoons that I wouldn't associate myself in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad