Tanner "The Rangers' Class Pet Rock" Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
Call it an irrational hunch, but I just can't help but believe that Sather is the one keeping Glass in play more than AV.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Call it an irrational hunch, but I just can't help but believe that Sather is the one keeping Glass in play more than AV.

I don't believe that's the case.

I believe AV lobbied for Glass hard, and it's now backfiring on him (Glass might be the worst player in the NHL this season). He doesn't want to bench him permanently, cause then it would prove he was wrong (to the detriment of the team).

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

I believe AV lobbied for Glass hard, and it's now backfiring on him (Glass might be the worst player in the NHL this season). He doesn't want to bench him permanently, cause then it would prove he was wrong (to the detriment of the team).

But, winning proves that he's right about every other decision, including way larger ones than three years of 1 million for a fourth liner.

You'd think if he were that concerned with his appearances to Sather, he'd bench Glass to help the team win. His job after all is to coach the team. If Sather is letting him make dumb personnel decisions alone, that's his own failure. His job is to make sure those decisions aren't stupid ones.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course

Before rushing to judgment, realize that the team is only carrying 12 forwards right because of cap considerations. Once Fast comes back and the trade deadline passes we'll see what AV chooses to do then.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Could be one of them thinks Glass is a necessary evil.

And even though he sucks, he's not preventing the team from winning enough to get to the playoffs.

I guess we'll see what happens at the upcoming decision points, like Fast's return. And of course the playoffs. I can't believe they'd play him in the playoffs.

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
Does anyone else notice that Moore will not even pass him the puck in the offensive zone unless it is to cycle it behind the net? He just looks at him and then keeps the puck. lol

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Does anyone else notice that Moore will not even pass him the puck in the offensive zone unless it is to cycle it behind the net? He just looks at him and then keeps the puck. lol

i notice it every game... there are several plays where I see Glass heading deep into the Zone and moore has the puck trailing, and Moore will choose to hold onto it and not pass it to Glass, instead he will try a spin-o-rama or play the boards...

it's so sad.... Moore can't even trust his winger

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
i notice it every game... there are several plays where I see Glass heading deep into the Zone and moore has the puck trailing, and Moore will choose to hold onto it and not pass it to Glass, instead he will try a spin-o-rama or play the boards...

Lol, can you blame him? I wouldn't trust him either.

How AV is so oblivious to all this as a whole is simply a mystery.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
It still seems whatever line he is on, they can not keep the puck in the offensive zone and for whatever reason if they somehow do, it's not because of him. Last night D. Moore was excellent at keeping possession, he made up for this slug, as did Stempniak to a lesser degree.

It's all relative though, somehow Glass has been a plus player for the last 2 games. I know that stat is basically worthless, I can't recall one thing he did for the Rangers to actually earn any of those goals for.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Doubt seriously that Dominic Moore is making an effort not to pass the puck to Glass. This isn't a playground for grade schoolers. Moore's a professional for **** sake. He's going to use his line mates. It may be that Glass isn't getting open enough at the right times. Glass is not as good at handling or controlling the puck but if he's open for an opportunity and Moore can get it to him--I expect Dominic will have no problem doing it.

Girardi pinching down the boards--made a pass to Glass crashing towards the net that just missed last night. I think his teammates would really like to see him pot a goal. He, Hunwick and John Moore are the only ones who haven't scored this year. To get any of them on the scoreboard is a big deal to the rest of the players. It's good for team morale.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Doubt seriously that Dominic Moore is making an effort not to pass the puck to Glass. This isn't a playground for grade schoolers. Moore's a professional for **** sake. He's going to use his line mates. It may be that Glass isn't getting open enough at the right times. Glass is not as good at handling or controlling the puck but if he's open for an opportunity and Moore can get it to him--I expect Dominic will have no problem doing it.

Girardi pinching down the boards--made a pass to Glass crashing towards the net that just missed last night. I think his teammates would really like to see him pot a goal. He, Hunwick and John Moore are the only ones who haven't scored this year. To get any of them on the scoreboard is a big deal to the rest of the players. It's good for team morale.

Believe it or not but Glass not backing off from Martin during that face off is also highly thought of in the room and provides some needed snarl against a rival even if they did not scrap.....just knowing that he would have works . :)

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

This is hyperbole.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
For his standards, he played a very good game last night.

That being said, his ass better be in the press box the second Fast comes back (and/or we trade for a rental, whichever comes first).

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

That being said, his ass better be in the press box the second Fast comes back (and/or we trade for a rental, whichever comes first).

I can't wait till Fast comes back. When he is on the 4th line it's a totally different vibe, it's an actual good 4th line.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Yeah, a "good game" for Glass is still a below NHL standards one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad