Proposal: Tanev + Baerstchi for Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
I'd say this is correct.

Tanev is clearly worth more than 2nd though. Toronto's 1st plus 2nd is probably fair. He's not bringing back Marner though.

Baertschi adds little value. Baertschi is a .5 ppg player with very suspect defensive play. He's 1-2 bad seasons away from not having a position in the NHL. A team like Toronto with lots of depth has zero need for him.

Sven is a nice player for the Canucks, but yes he provides very little to the leafs. Him and Bo play fairly well together though.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
Ok, i will step up and give you exactly what both Hamilton (higher value than Tanev) and Hamonic (slightly lower value than Tanev) garnered...1st+2 2nds....deal?

It would be a reasonable return if you guys weren’t so bloody promising these days. A late first and late second doesn’t hurt you guys a bit. But Tanev is more valuable to us. Maybe not to you guys...and I get that...but to us, no.

The truth is, if you guys can get a Tanev quality D, then you contend. Like for real contend.

While we live in misery.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
i would love Tanev he would be the perfect partner for Morgan but there is no way Marner is traded for him..kapanen + carrick + 2nd round pick is max i would do

A rebuilding team like Vancouver would probably take a 1st + 2nd for him if they were shopping him (I don't think they are)

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
It would be a reasonable return if you guys weren’t so bloody promising these days. A late first and late second doesn’t hurt you guys a bit. But Tanev is more valuable to us. Maybe not to you guys...and I get that...but to us, no.

The truth is, if you guys can get a Tanev quality D, then you contend. Like for real contend.

While we live in misery.
Calgary isn't promising? Value is the same as Hamonic and Hamilton....

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Kapanen, Carrick and a first.

Probably fair, but hard to say yes to. If I were in the driver's sear I'd want to do either/ both of
-sub Andrew Neilsen in for Carrick,
-make the 1st conditional on us winning the division, or making it to the final 4.

Sucks to lose Kapanen but if he ends up anywhere need as good as I think he does he prices himself out of our cap structure right around the time Tanev's contract is up anyway

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Probably fair, but hard to say yes to. If I were in the driver's sear I'd want to do either/ both of
-make the 1st conditional on us winning the division, or making it to the final 4.

If it went from Carrick to Nielsen I think a conditional first would be fair, but with some lesser expectations. Like making the Semis and Tanev plays at least half the games

Reactions: 4thline

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

I have no issues moving Carrick but I think if Kapanen is a must, then the 1st should be bumped to a 2nd.

Kapanen
Carrick
2018 2nd

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I have no issues moving Carrick but I think if Kapanen is a must, then the 1st should be bumped to a 2nd.

To me the issue with Carrick is one of objectives rather than value. While IMO he's more valuable than Neilsen the big thing is that this would be "try to win" move, and by adding Tanev but subracting Carrick we don't get the full benefit of adding Tanev to the right side. Any injury to Zaits/Tanev/Hainsey and we're in a worse spot this year than we were pre deal.

If it went from Carrick to Nielsen I think a conditional first would be fair, but with some lesser expectations. Like making the Semis and Tanev plays at least half the games

I'd be fine with that but IIRC under the current rules there are no pick implications to making it to the semi's, so if we're the last qualifier but win in the 1st round that's still the 16th overall pick. If the league allowed a condition explicitely stating "Pick 21 or worse" or something of that ilk that would be fine imo

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
This is one of the worst proposals I've ever seen.

That said, I'll try to make something around Marner and Tanev.... and probably make an even worse proposal...but, dagnabit, I have to try.

To Vancouver:
M. Marner (0.9)
R. Hainsey (3.0)
E. Fehr (2.0)

To Toronto:
Tanev (4.45m)
Edler @ 50% (2.5m)
2nd 2018

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Lol horrible for the leafs. Marner is gonna be a PPG (or close to it) player for most his career..

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I suspect that "if" the Leafs are trading Marner, they are looking for the RyJo for Jones type trade.

As far as Tanev's value... He's got 3 more years left and then UFA (3 year UFA rental in other words ;)). He plays a very solid responsible game but lacks offense or has not accomplished this so far at the age of 27 (soon to be 28). I think there would be interest for him but your not getting the Marner type return.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
This is one of the worst proposals I've ever seen.

That said, I'll try to make something around Marner and Tanev.... and probably make an even worse proposal...but, dagnabit, I have to try.

To Vancouver:
M. Marner (0.9)
R. Hainsey (3.0)
E. Fehr (2.0)

To Toronto:
Tanev (4.45m)
Edler @ 50% (2.5m)
2nd 2018
pls stop..this is the worst proposal on this thread

Reactions: DingDongCharlie
Status
Not open for further replies.