Proposal: Tanev + Baerstchi for Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey down under

Feb 13, 2017
He also played more games before he got to 20. Kadris first year where he played more than 30 games he had 18g in 48 games, his first full season he had 20 in 78.

so Horvat now has 51g in his first 236 games...Kadri had 64 in his first 249 games. Lets see if Horvat can get 13 goals in his next 13 to catch naz. I think nucks fans would be very happy to see their guy turn into a 30g/60pt player

For Kadri he was 22 and 23 years old for his 18 and 20 goal seasons. Being a little older would have help his goals per game average compared to Horvat

That said Kadri is a greal player. Puts up points, good in his own end and really knows how to get under opponents skin.

I think 30/60 is a reasonable goal for Horvat. Hope point wise he can hit 70 but if he improves in the defensive end of things I'd be happy with 30/60

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I think 30/60 is a reasonable goal for Horvat. Hope point wise he can hit 70 but if he improves in the defensive end of things I'd be happy with 30/60

Kadri's really been pacing around the same production points for a little while now. His SH% was unreasonably (6.5%) low the year before last- where he put up ~30/30....having a hot start to this year as well. He's comfortably a high-end #2C, maybe a #1B C at best- given he faces tough minutes every night- i.e. gets priority facing top lines over Matthews line when Babcock has last change.

If Horvat paces similar to Kadri, he'd be a damn good player in this league. If Pettersson pans out, the Canucks potentially have their C position in the top 6 locked up moving forward for the long-term..which as shown by today's market dynamics, is probably the most sought after/hard commodity to acquire (i.e. a high-end centerman).

Reactions: Sayonara77

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Kadri's really been pacing around the same production points for a little while now. His SH% was unreasonably (6.5%) low the year before last- where he put up ~30/30....having a hot start to this year as well. He's comfortably a high-end #2C, maybe a #1B C at best- given he faces tough minutes every night- i.e. gets priority facing top lines over Matthews line when Babcock has last change.

If Horvat paces similar to Kadri, he'd be a damn good player in this league. If Pettersson pans out, the Canucks potentially have their C position in the top 6 locked up moving forward for the long-term..which as shown by today's market dynamics, is probably the most sought after/hard commodity to acquire (i.e. a high-end centerman).

Hopefully Petersson pans out. He can be a 70+ point player first line C, and that's where Canucks certainly have their C position locked down for almost a decade atleast with Petersson and Horvat as the number one and two respectively.Just surround them with quality veterans, and young producing players to help their development on the ice.

We need a Dahlin type D though.

Reactions: firstemperor

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Tanev alone isn't enough to get Marner, but it isn't drastically far off. Baerstchi isn't on the same pedigree as Marner, but he will likely top out as a 45 point middle 6 player, which replaces some of the offense that Marner will produce.
How is a 4th line player is worth both Tanev and Baerstchi?

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
The "4th line player" would be the leading scorer on the Canucks so far this season. Oh and last year as a rookie. Thats why.
Boeser would be, he has 4 point in 3 games compared To 4 point in 7 games for Marner.

Mar 26, 2010
How is a 4th line player is worth both Tanev and Baerstchi?
4th liner? It is called depth. I know you have never had that before in Vancouver. He has played 1 game in his entire career on a 4th line.

He would be Vancouver’s best player and top scorer last in his rookie season and this year. He is better than Horvat.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
4th liner? It is called depth. I know you have never had that before in Vancouver. He has played 1 game in his entire career on a 4th line.

He would be Vancouver’s best player and top scorer last in his rookie season and this year. He is better than Horvat.
Never had depth before? Lol chill out dude toronto has only been good for 1 year and you are acting as if toronto didnt just go through 10 plus years of pure embarresment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad