Proposal: Tanev + Baerstchi for Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom sestito

Oct 27, 2014
Tanev alone isn't enough to get Marner, but it isn't drastically far off. Baerstchi isn't on the same pedigree as Marner, but he will likely top out as a 45 point middle 6 player, which replaces some of the offense that Marner will produce.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
It's pretty drastically far off. Tanev isn't anywhere close to the value of Marner.

The Bozak line has been garbage defensively and someone has to be the scapegoat. Babcock's not going to screw over JVR/Bozak, long-time veterans of the team in their contract year. Otherwise, who the hell would want to play here? It sends a message that they all need to be better.

No different than Nylander last year. Except Babcock is harder on the young guys and has always acknowledged different players have different expectations.

No interest in Baertschi either. Let's just hope this thread quietly goes to waste before it goes downhill.

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
As much as I love Tanev, this is not close.

Marner has put up tremendous points, is still very young and should become a great forward for years to come. Vancouver doesn't have a young top-4 Dman who is projected to become a top-2 D man currently playing in the NHL. That is what it would take to acquire a player such as this.

Lock'er up

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Oh really? Boeser, Horvat, Tanev and a first doesn't get you Marner lol?

Toronto is going for a cup. Kapanen can't even get on the roster because of our young stars. Boeser would literally be waiting 3-4 years before he gets a look. We don't need a 1st either.

Horvat and Tanev are 2 huge pieces, but honestly, with Matthews-Kadri-Bozak down the middle we would really not want to part ways with Marner, who adds a unique element. We think he can be PPG in the NHL.

Value-wise it's probably fair; but I think most fans would politely decline.

Reactions: RayB

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Toronto is going for a cup. Kapanen can't even get on the roster because of our young stars. Boeser would literally be waiting 3-4 years before he gets a look. We don't need a 1st either.

Horvat and Tanev are 2 huge pieces, but honestly, with Matthews-Kadri-Bozak down the middle we would really not want to part ways with Marner, who adds a unique element. We think he can be PPG in the NHL.

Wait a minute, you think Horvat, Tanev, Boeser and a top 5 pick for Mitch Marner is fair value wise? I'm sorry but WHAT? I was being sarcastic, Horvat had 9 less points last year on a horrid team. The difference between him and Marner isn't one of those pieces much less all three lol

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI

No comment on the OP, but Boeser is considerably better than Kapanen, in case you're trying to imply otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad