Prospect Info: Swedish Prospects 2021-22 Season Pt. 2

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
People definitely shouldn't expect Seider level defense from Edvinsson the first year or two (or three) either.

His absolute strength is the transition game.

But with his size and reach he will be very tough for a defenceman to be beaten. It's so easy to break plays with 3-meter long stick. And when you are not slow. You are damn fast for a big guy. There's no same kind of player in NHL.

This will be so fun to see. Definitely Seider and Edvinsson should be split and then we will have at least 2 great and different pairs. Nice tools for matchups.

Christoph53

Jan 28, 2021
I didn't watch Edvinsson a lot this season so I can't form any opinion on it, but according to ep and to the contrary of what everybody else is saying here, his defensive game is still very much a work in progress?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I didn't watch Edvinsson a lot this season so I can't form any opinion on it, but according to ep and to the contrary of what everybody else is saying here, his defensive game is still very much a work in progress?

It's very nice that it isn't Doug Houda, who is gonna teach him about that.

Some extra lessons from Kronwall and Lidström at summer, and we will see a pleasant surprise.

What people are forgetting, you are analyzing "Edvinsson from the past". You see videos of the past, what he has been, and not what he will become. These great prospects take huge steps at summer and will be drastically better and Wings camp next autumn.

Reactions: Christoph53

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
But with his size and reach he will be very tough for a defenceman to be beaten. It's so easy to break plays with 3-meter long stick. And when you are not slow. You are damn fast for a big guy. There's no same kind of player in NHL.

This will be so fun to see. Definitely Seider and Edvinsson should be split and then we will have at least 2 great and different pairs. Nice tools for matchups.
For sure, it's just the small details that Edvinsson needs to refine. Just hoping that the expectations are kept in check because I'm positive that if he makes the team next season you're going to see a lot more rookie mistakes than we did with Seider.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tappara just signed norwegian forward Philip Granath, who has been at Frölunda junior system and played last season for Rögle.

You just can't miss with that combo. Funny curiosity. :D

Must be good guy for Finnish league. Don't think he is ever NHL-material. Smallish, 19-year-old, undrafted.

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018

Nice article on Liam Dower-Nilsson. Seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Not super relevant, but Edvinsson has gotta be the hottest player on this team since prime Zetterberg.

I prefer my hockey plays ugly and gnarled.

When you don't have much to lose you fight that much harder to keep it. Just look at Mike Ricci - ugliest SOB in the game but one of the hardest workers I've ever seen in the game. Same for Rod "elephant man" Brindamour.

• Haha
Reactions: WF19

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC

When you don't have much to lose you fight that much harder to keep it. Just look at Mike Ricci - ugliest SOB in the game but one of the hardest workers I've ever seen in the game. Same for Rod "elephant man" Brindamour.

Another reason to like Mazur then.

1655233975480.png

Edvinsson might've been built in a lab though. Makes sense to me that his parents are pretty serious athletic trainers.

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

Something something 'member that time Ericsson lost his helmet and didn't get back into play because he was too busy fixing his hair to put his helmet back on.

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
It's been a pretty crazy time for our prospects in Europe the last 2 seasons.

Edvinsson and Seider win the eliteprospects award in 2021 and 2022.
Seider and Soderblom win the EHC young player of the year award in 2021 and 2022
Albert Johansson wins the SHL championship in 2022
Pontus Andreasson and Seider are on teams that make it to the SHL finals in 2021 and 2022
Wallinder was on the 1st place regular season team in the SHL in Rogle in 2022. Niederbach is joining the team next season.
Berggren was 7th in SHL scoring in 2021 2nd in AHL rookie scoring and 12th overall in league scoring in 2022.
Seider is looking like a sure bet for the Calder. Raymond definitely deserves top 5 consideration.
The top of U21 SHL scoring is populated by Wings SHL prospects in 2021 and 2022.

I'm really excited to see who we pick in Sweden this draft. There are some players that look like gems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad