Prospect Info: Swedish Prospects 2021-22 Season Pt. 2

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah...without a methodological overview, it definitely feels a bit sketchy. But advanced stats do be like that.

Well also what formula would say that Evan Bouchard and Zegras have higher star probabilities than Seider?

If your model has Evan Bouchard's comparables as all speedy puck rushing guys, some of which are hall of famers, but Seider's comparables are fair to middling #2/#3 defensemen, then maybe your model is not that good.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Well also what formula would say that Evan Bouchard and Zegras have higher star probabilities than Seider?

If your model has Evan Bouchard's comparables as all speedy puck rushing guys, some of which are hall of famers, but Seider's comparables are fair to middling #2/#3 defensemen, then maybe your model is not that good.

Yeah...the reliability factor is a bit low, based on that.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
It does seem to be a weird model with some aspects that undermine its credibility, but if you read the fine print under the comps, it provides some relevant context that makes it at least a little less weird.

Reactions: golffuul

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I think the 78% star probability for Seider is hilarious by it's self. Once it is compared to Bouchard's 95% star probability, it no longer becomes readable.

Reactions: ealong59

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Who are some examples of Swedish prospects in other organizations on the cusp of graduating to the NHL, maybe with 1 or 2 years already in the AHL?

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Who are some examples of Swedish prospects in other organizations on the cusp of graduating to the NHL, maybe with 1 or 2 years already in the AHL?
David Gustafsson with Winnipeg

Symon Ryfors with Tampa

Technically Broberg with Edmonton...though it's not clear what's going on with him and whether he is "on the cusp."

Oskar Back with Dallas

Those are the ones that I could come up with near the top of my head.

You could probably just look up Cap Friendly and see the list of Swedish signed prospects who are in the "minors" and make a fairly educated guess as to how close they are by their age (20-24), production (15+ goals and 40+ points for forwards) and how many years removed they are from the SHL (1-2 years...any more and they probably aren't "on the cusp")

Reactions: FabricDetails

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Revolutionizing. If Edvinsson even becomes a good 3/4, and EITHER Johansson OR Wallinder turn into solid NHLers, that (with Seider) is a major change from the, "DDK and Other Guys Slotted Above Their Talent Level" era.

Edvinsson seems like he can’t be worse than a legit minute munching #2. PP2, PK1, 22+ minutes a night, 30+ points a season. That’s incredibly valuable and this team hasn’t had that in a decade.

Reactions: WF19 and wings95

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Edvinsson seems like he can’t be worse than a legit minute munching #2. PP2, PK1, 22+ minutes a night, 30+ points a season. That’s incredibly valuable and this team hasn’t had that in a decade.

I can dig the optimism, but

PNG image.png

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I can dig the optimism, but

View attachment 550909

Yeah, no. People said the same thing to me here when I was bullish on Seider. And that worked out pretty well.

I've watched a lot of Edvinsson in the SHL. He's realgud n'tuff. Have some faith in this kid. The offense may take longer than Seider's to come along but his defensive game THIS YEAR was NHL worthy.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Yeah, no. People said the same thing to me here when I was bullish on Seider. And that worked out pretty well.

I've watched a lot of Edvinsson in the SHL. He's realgud n'tuff. Have some faith in this kid. The offense may take longer than Seider's to come along but his defensive game THIS YEAR was NHL worthy.

I have faith in him. I just take issue with the can't be worse than #2 comment for a guy who has never played in the NHL before. I really hope he becomes that though!:thumbu:

Reactions: jkutswings

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011

Remember when people were panning us for saying Seider was easily better than Hronek? :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad