Prospect Info: Swedish Prospects 2021-22 Season Pt. 2

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Someone has to tell this kid to stop licking doorknobs. Didn't he test positive last year at some point as well?

This shit is getting out of hand.

Reactions: Dtybur

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I wonder what "stick it out" means to him though.
Pretty sure he's quoting his favorite hip hop song.

sir-mix-alot-big-butts.gif

Reactions: FabricDetails

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I think he has a fair shot of making the team.

I agree, but here's the tricky part - do both rookies, Edvinsson and Johansson, start on Detroit's opening night roster? Maybe, but years of being a Red Wings fan tells me probably not. So I think it's a competition between those two in camp.

I think there's a good chance we see both players up by the end of the season though.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
I agree, but here's the tricky part - do both rookies, Edvinsson and Johansson, start on Detroit's opening night roster? Maybe, but years of being a Red Wings fan tells me probably not. So I think it's a competition between those two in camp.

I think there's a good chance we see both players up by the end of the season though.
If Holland was gm then zero chance. Yzerman though? If he thinks they are ready then they will play. Another 3 rookies next year at least? 5 pretty highly touted rookies in Seider, Raymond, Berggren, Edvinsson, Johansson 😮 this years draft pick and Wallinder is gonna be soon as well. Even Viro is heading over. Detroit has a pretty bright future and it's gonna be here sooner than even our own fans think.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011

I think AlJo is on the same "leash" that Raymond was, last preseason, where if he plays well enough, consistently, then Yzerman will have him up with the main club. He would already, aside from Edvinsson and if Staal re-signs, be our 2nd best LD with a chance of playing with Seider. If Oesterle and Ddk were Mo's partners, jow much better will that pair be with AlJo.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway

It depends if we sign a free agent or trade for a left defenseman. As it is right now, he would be a top 4 defenseman.

I think Staal will be back, and Edvinsson will make the team. There's not really a lot of competition for that last LD spot, imo. But it's a long time until October, and I am pretty sure there will be signings.

Reactions: lilidk and golffuul

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago

Would be incredible if AJ could step right in

Our Developmental Coach in Sweden Niklas Kronvall is one of the major reasons our kids there are flourishing and developing at a good pace every year. It has even gotten better with Niklas Lidstrom joining the organization last year. We should continue to devote many of our draft picks to that part of the world because of that.

Albert could have moved to North America last year but Steve listens to Niklas and it was Kronvall who decided it would help Albert to stay another year there where he could continue to mentor him.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Our Developmental Coach in Sweden Niklas Kronvall is one of the major reasons our kids there are flourishing and developing at a good pace every year. It has even gotten better with Niklas Lidstrom joining the organization last year. We should continue to devote many of our draft picks to that part of the world because of that.

Albert could have moved to North America last year but Steve listens to Niklas and it was Kronvall who decided it would help Albert to stay another year there where he could continue to mentor him.
Love our euro staff.

Reactions: bedtime20

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I think he has a fair shot of making the team.

I can see 3 rookies on the team but I think it's inviting disaster to have 2 rookie D in prominent roles unless you have adequate veterans to shelter them.

Seider isn't a veteran but I think he can shelter just about anyone after seeing his weekend at Bernie's act with DDK's corpse. But Hronek? THAT MFer needs sheltering more than anyone on the defense currently.

If Detroit could pull off a coup and get Klingberg or make a trade for a defensive D like Cernak (if Tampa is eliminated in the 1st I think that could be worked out)

So bringing both AlJo AND Edvinsson up could look like this...

FA/Edvinsson - Seider
Edvinsson/FA - Klingberg (Or Hronek, but I hope not)
Staal - FA (I prefer Rutta here)
Johansson - Lindstrom

Start Johansson out doing heavy reps in GR of 20+ minutes a night, bring him up and play him in a sheltered role and if he excels then keep him up for the remainder of the season. If he doesn't cut mustard then send him back down to work on things in GR.

I do have some trepidation about our defensemen in GR after seeing the way their defense play. A whole lot of chipping off the glass and dumping to nobody in the neutral zone when there are passes available. I know Simon got a public vote of confidence from Yzerman but I really think that's the wrong coach for our kids.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad