WJC: Sweden 2018 Roster Talk

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
A line of Fjällby-Davidsson-Söderlund is intriguing. So much speed and energy. Other teams won't know what hit them

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Will be interesting to see how the defensive pairs shape up. Dahlin, Brännström, Liljegren, Högberg and Moverare are locks to make it. Dahlin-Almqvist has been one of the best pairs in the SHL, the closest thing we have would be Dahlin-Brännström. Högberg has been excellent this season, I would try him with Liljegren.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Will be interesting to see how the defensive pairs shape up. Dahlin, Brännström, Liljegren, Högberg and Moverare are locks to make it. Dahlin-Almqvist has been one of the best pairs in the SHL, the closest thing we have would be Dahlin-Brännström. Högberg has been excellent this season, I would try him with Liljegren.

I agree it will be interesting. Aren't Dahlin and Brannstrom both LHD?

Might be good for Sweden to keep both on their natural side, and pair one with Liljegren who is an RHD, if that's the case.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I agree it will be interesting. Aren't Dahlin and Brannstrom both LHD?

Might be good for Sweden to keep both on their natural side, and pair one with Liljegren who is an RHD, if that's the case.

Yes, but we don't have any good RHD's outside of Liljegren. I would hate to see Liljegren, Dahlin and Brännström on separate pairs, paired with a "stay at home" D. It looks good in theory but almost never works, play talent with talent.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

MrStench

Dec 12, 2009
A line of Fjällby-Davidsson-Söderlund is intriguing. So much speed and energy. Other teams won't know what hit them

With Bratt, J. Boqvist and Nylander all potentially unavailable or out, I imagine Söderlund will be needed in the top-6, but I think Fabian Zetterlund would be an interesting right winger for that line.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Offense is gonna have to rely on like two players, three if by some miracle we get Nylander. Otherwise Pettersson and Andersson are gonna have to be godlike. Oh and Dahlin - Liljegren are gonna have a lot of helping out to do.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Jesper Emanuelsson is looking really, really good in the SHL. One of Frölunda's best forwards last game with Montén in the stands. Think he could thrive at the WJC in a depth role.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Any word on Söderlund yet? That blow his knee took yesterday did not look good.

EDIT: Listened to the post-game where Skellefteås head-coach said his knee seemed fine and he seemed to have sustained a charley-horse.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bratt is getting a bulk of the PK minutes and still plays top 6. He's not going to play in the world juniors. Nylander on the other hand..

You got another month, this stuff changes quickly.

I wouldn't be sure yet, Bratt is struggling of late.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Who are our defensemen after the big 4?

I see 5 guys who are absolute locks. Dahlin, Liljegren, Brännström, Moverare and Högberg. Then there is Sellgren who I think makes it. Need another RHD for the last spot, Gustav Lindström or Adam Boqvist should be strong considerations there.

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
whats the deal with moverare? why is he a lock? his stats is not very good...

1+17 in 22 games is in my opinion a good number for a D. Sure he has an -4 rating but almost everyone on his team is negative in that aspect. My guess is that he plays alot to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad