Hoglander

Dahlin-Liljegren
Brannstrom-Moverare
Hogberg-Lindstrom
Boqvist

Gustavsson
Larsson
Ahman

That's a good team. Fjällby is a lock to play in the bottom 6 IMO, I also really like Weissbach but maybe his chances are slim since he wasn't invite to the summer camp and won't play in Sweden this season.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
That's a good team. Fjällby is a lock to play in the bottom 6 IMO, I also really like Weissbach but maybe his chances are slim since he wasn't invite to the summer camp and won't play in Sweden this season.

Why is he a lock? He shall be pretty far from a lock. The best shall play. Swedish have some weird view on that the bottom 6 shall be reserved to grinders that can not score.

If Weissbach play good in NCAA why not.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
The 98 group of D is really poor and these forwards are likely not going to score a ton of goals. Down year probably.

Linus Weissbach should be on this roster.

I agree about the D when it comes 98, but do not forget that 98 did mange to take themself to final in U18 after winning against canada for example. The forward group is good as long as everyone is there. We have forwards like Pettersson, Nylander, Boqvist, Andersson, Davidsson, Bratt, etc

I would love to see weissbach, he was really fun to watch when he played in sweden. Hope he do well in ncaa.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Why is he a lock? He shall be pretty far from a lock. The best shall play. Swedish have some weird view on that the bottom 6 shall be reserved to grinders that can not score.

If Weissbach play good in NCAA why not.

If you think Fjällby is a grinder who cannot score then I suggest you watch him play.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
If you think Fjällby is a grinder who cannot score then I suggest you watch him play.

I didnt mean he suck, but why else then shall he be a lock for bottom 6? Nylander, Pettersson, Boqvist, Andersson is locks.But sure I do not mind him at all I actually like him, but he shall not be a lock. The key words here is lock and bottom 6. He has not done enough to be consider a lock.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What do people think the defense is going to look like? I assume Dahlin, Liljegren and Brannstrom are locks, but who takes the remaining spots?

Hogberg-Liljegren
Dahlin-Westerlund
Brannstrom-Lindstrom
Boqvist

I'd expect Hogberg and Westerlund to get spots too, but really not sure about the remaining two spots. I really want Boqvist to make it, if only as #7D. Who else is there who could make the team? Moverare? Cederholm? Nassen?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
What do people think the defense is going to look like? I assume Dahlin, Liljegren and Brannstrom are locks, but who takes the remaining spots?

Hogberg-Liljegren
Dahlin-Westerlund
Brannstrom-Lindstrom
Boqvist

I'd expect Hogberg and Westerlund to get spots too, but really not sure about the remaining two spots. I really want Boqvist to make it, if only as #7D. Who else is there who could make the team? Moverare? Cederholm? Nassen?

Moverare was the last cut last year and is wearing a letter in this summer camp so I like his chances. Think Sellgren has a decent chance, Boqvist is the wildcard.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
The fact that it's summer can't be stated enough but the biggest takeaways from this summer tournament were the three D's Liljegren, Dahlin and Brännström. They are going to carry this team it seems. Högberg had a strong start to the camp but I thought he tailed off a bit after a couple of games. Sellgren would make my team if I were to pick it out today, he's got the quickness and the pace to his game that Högberg, Moverare and Lindström don't have. Think he would be a lot more effective than those players against the NA teams at the WJC. Moverare is going to make the final team barring injury, good chance he becomes the scrape goat I think.

The forward group doesn't look strong on paper and they didn't look dangerous in these games either for most of the time. I just don't see where the goals are going to come from. Andersson can score a few and Pettersson can set up and score a few but I hardly think that's going to be enough. There just aren't enough forwards available who can create offense with consistency. That's a problem.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
The fact that it's summer can't be stated enough but the biggest takeaways from this summer tournament were the three D's Liljegren, Dahlin and Brännström. They are going to carry this team it seems.

I'm curious to see how the defensive pairs shake out. Wondering if they will each get their own pair for balance or if a couple of them will play together.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Might be time to pick Olofsson, he could help out this team. I also think Boqvist would help this team, even if it was just as an extra defenseman. Look at how Dahlin helped the team last year. He didn't play many minutes, but it would've been better than taking an older player as the last defenseman. I always say it for every country. If you are missing talent with the bottom end of your roster, bring up younger players. You don't owe anything to older players, if they are not good enough to contribute the level of play that the team needs. You are trying to win the WJC, everyone doesn't get a turn to make the team when its a big tournament like this.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Yeah, Boqvist is not hurting his chances at the Hlinka. He has the advantage of being a RHD and Liljegren is the only RHD lock we have.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Yeah we can probably forget Bratt.. But hopefully Buffalo wants Nylander to play infront of Buffalos fans unless he makes and have a big impact on the team.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Jesper Boqvist - Lias Andersson - Alexander Nylander
Tim Söderlund - Elias Pettersson - Jesper Bratt
Marcus Sylvegård - Isac Lundeström - Lukas Elvenes
Lukas Wernblom - Jacob Olofsson - Filip Hållander

Timothy Liljegren - Filip Westerlund
Rasmus Dahlin - Erik Brännström
Linus Högberg - Jakob Stenqvist

Filip Gustavsson
Olle Eriksson Ek

Thats a gold-team. I know Bratt is doing good but i think Devils will send him down soon. A player like Wernblom could be needed on the small rinks, very physical player and rock hard.

Last edited:

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden

Filip Gustavsson
Olle Eriksson Ek

Thats a gold-team. I know Bratt is doing good but i think Devils will send him down soon. A player like Wernblom could be needed on the small rinks, very physical player and rock hard.

Think that 4th line could do some serious damage.

MrStench

Dec 12, 2009

Filip Gustavsson
Olle Eriksson Ek

A gold medal-winning team with the entire bottom six made up of underage players? I don't see it. My guess at the depth chart as it stands is something like

Elias Pettersson - Lias Andersson - Alex Nylander
Jesper Bratt - Isac Lundeström - Jesper Boqvist
Tim Söderlund - Marcus Davidsson - Fabian Zetterlund
Fredrik Karlström - Linus Lindström - Oskar Steen
(Axel Jonsson-Fjällby, Glenn Gustafsson, Linus Weissbach, Emil Bemström, Jacob Olofsson?)

Erik Brännström - Rasmus Dahlin
Jacob Moverare - Tim Liljegren
Linus Högberg - Jacob Cederholm
Jesper Sellgren - Filip Westerlund
Calle Själin - Jakob Stenqvist (Adam Boqvist)

Filip Gustavsson
Filip Larsson
Olle Eriksson Ek

I would love to see Adam Boqvist go as at least the extra defenceman, especially because the right side doesn't look great. I don't see the virtue of Westerlund, and Cederholm is just the kind of lummox that I can see them taking and praising when he knocks some people into the boards in round robin games and then gets lit up against Canada and/or the US. There's potential for a very strong top line if they reunite Pettersson, Andersson and Nylander from the U18s, but I don't see the depth among forwards to be a serious contender.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Yeah, I'd go with a more experienced forward lineup this year, similar to the one they selected for the summer camp. Either way the forward group will look pretty meh and I don't see us as contenders because of it. I love the prospects on this team however but most of the high end ones are still very much unfinished products. I don't see how Boqvist would be a more risky player to pick for this team than any of the other bottom pairing/7th D options, none of them are proven at this level.

masasa

Oct 10, 2016
I thought anyone with NHL contract can't go, no matter where they play? So if this is true, players like Andersson, Liljegren, Bratt, Nylander, Brännström,Gustavsson can't join.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->