WJC: Sweden 2018 Roster Talk

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
What are the chances Weissbach cracks the roster?

He's off to a hot start in the NCAA: 4 points in 4 games

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
What are the chances Weissbach cracks the roster?

He's off to a hot start in the NCAA: 4 points in 4 games

Slim, unfortunately. Had a really strong Hlinka tournament a couple of years ago, hasn't been invited to the national teams since. Very strange.

A. Boqvist is looking less and less realistic for every game he misses. Not sure what's up there.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Devils is not going to send down bratt

It's not out of the question. Just because he's had a hot start it doesn't mean the Devils think he'll be able to handle an 82 game season. Even if he continues like this for 8 games they might want to play it safe by sending him away for the rest of the season.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
It's not out of the question. Just because he's had a hot start it doesn't mean the Devils think he'll be able to handle an 82 game season. Even if he continues like this for 8 games they might want to play it safe by sending him away for the rest of the season.

There are many examples of players who have started off great and then cooled down significantly. I think Bratt will make the 9 game cut though. The 41 game mark is probably more important so I wouldn't be surprised if they loan him to the WJC and make the decision right afterwards, assuming he has indeed cooled down by December.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
I hope nylander plays. He wont make buffalo thid year and the wjc is in buffalo

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Could Lucas Elvenes be in the mix? He's the most skilled 99-born forward IMO and has put up great numbers so far. Think he could do some damage, especially on the PP.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Really like that roster but who the heck is Jacob Svensson? Never heard of him.

Two-way center with some grit. He was actually named to the 4 nations tournament in Finland in August but got injured. Obviously it's a bigger deal to be named to this tournament.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Why no Lias Andersson?
Also would've been fun to see Elvenes and/or Hållander.

Lias is no surprise, he just need some rest, he is a lock in the wjc. But this would have been a good time to watch Hållander and Elvenes little bit closer.

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Lias is no surprise, he just need some rest, he is a lock in the wjc. But this would have been a good time to watch Hållander and Elvenes little bit closer.

Agreed. Hållander looked amazing against MoDo and pretty mutch did whatever he wanted. Has been playing really well in the begining of the season.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
J.Boqvist have been injured the whole season...i dont think he will play in WJC.

Bratt is still playing very good in NHL....i think we can forget about him too.

A.Nylander? Zero games this season, seems to be in the same situation as Boqvist.

Its big chance we will miss 3 star players...

but i still think we can put together a strong forward group without them:

Söderlund-Andersson-Pettersson
Hållander-Lundeström-Elvenes
Fjällby-Karlström-Davidsson
Steen-Wahlgren-Lyrenäs

why is olofsson there but not hållander?

why is not walhgren and lyrenäs tried out? they are playing some good hockey with modo.

marcus davidsson not there makes no sense. he is playing great with fjällby in a top team in shl.

players like ragnarsson, stenqvist, grahn and själin should have been tested.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad