Zetterlund

Dahlin- Liljegren
Brannstrom- Westerlund
Hogberg- A. Boqvist
Cederholm

Gustavsson
Eriksson Ek
Larsson

I’m not sure that Bratt will he sent back but if he is obviously he has a spot on the team. This is the roster that I’d send based on what I’ve seen.

Good team. I would make room for Sellgren though.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Watched two games from the World Junior Summer Showcase, and I'm sure Gustav Lindström will take spot as RHD in 2nd or 3rd pairing behind Liljegren. Or 7th defenseman. But I think he should be in.

Also Moverare should be in only as 7th defenseman, Dahlin, Brannström and Hogberg are more impressive LHD.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
I’m not sure that Bratt will he sent back but if he is obviously he has a spot on the team.

You'd think NJ would consider it good for Bratt's development to get to play perhaps the most leading role on his team in a tournament like the WJC. As good as he's been, he's not invaluable to the Devils like he would be for us.

Saying that, I'm obviously taking his history into account. His norm is in fact much lower than what he's playing at right now, which means he's at higher risk of losing his confidence is things start going bad in the NHL. Let him perform in another environment temporarily and you boost his confidence even more.

Last edited:

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
I don’t get as many views of the Swedish players as I’d like, I think Olofsson and Hallander will be there next year but aren’t quite ready this year.

I can easily see Lindstrom making the team. I’m not sure there is room for Sellgren on the team... maybe as 7th dman but there is other players I’d bring before him.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
You'd think NJ would consider it good for Bratt's development to get to play perhaps the most leading role on his team in a tournament like the WJC. As good as he's been, he's not invaluable to the Devils like he would be for us.

Saying that, I'm obviously taking his history into account. His norm is in fact much lower than what he's playing at right now, which means he's at higher risk of losing his confidence is things start going bad in the NHL. Let him perform in another environment temporarily and you boost his confidence even more.
NJ is near top of their division and Bratt is their top line RW...why would they risk their team missing the playoffs over sending Bratt.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

So 7 D's are pretty much confirmed...

Dahlin
Liljegren
Brännström
Sellgren
Moverare
Högberg
Westerlund

Samuel Desbiens

Dec 5, 2017
Quebec City, Quebec
To me, we don't need to see the preliminary roster to be able to say that Sweden is gonna be the favorite this year, ahead of Canada and the United States.

So much talent, size and mobility all around their lineup. With Alex Nylander, Elias Pettersson, Lias Anderson, Jesper Boqvist, Rasmus Dahlin, Timothy Lljegren, Eric Brannstrom and many others.

Wow, this is gonna be exciting to see them play in less than a month!

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
To me, we don't need to see the preliminary roster to be able to say that Sweden is gonna be the favorite this year, ahead of Canada and the United States.

So much talent, size and mobility all around their lineup. With Alex Nylander, Elias Pettersson, Lias Anderson, Jesper Boqvist, Rasmus Dahlin, Timothy Lljegren, Eric Brannstrom and many others.

Not only do I disagree with your assessment regarding Canada and the US, but spend a minute looking at what Finland is bringing out for a roster. Yes, Sweden looks good, but lots of teams do this year.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto

Can’t wait. I’m fully onboard Team Sweden this year!

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
No Adam Boqvist and (possibly) no Gustav Lindström (Almtuna) is somewhat surprising to me, although the seven defencemen listed above deserve to make the team - I have to admit that I don't know much about Sellgren, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad