TV: Survivor: Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers Discussion

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Don't get why they voted JP out over Ryan who has an idol or Chrissy who's got to be 100x smarter than JP lol.

I'd probably put my money on Lauren of Ashley winning it at this point.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just finished the episode. Figured it would have been smart to go after Ryan when they decided to blow up the 7 so they could get him and the idol, but they flushed it the next tribal so I guess that's all good. It was a pretty clever plan I must say. I wonder if Ben tried to play to Ryan that he's the most vulnerable of the 3 and Ryan should give Ben the idol to play when Jeff asks if anyone has an idol and then Ben just not play it and keep it for himself, that would have been a pretty epic use of him being the double agent.

I like how they played the Joe exit too. Like he was on top of the world finally after being on the bottom for so long, smack talking Ben when he was going on and Ben was a part of it. Half the tribe still probably had no clue what was going on even after that vote. Until they had a chance to sit down and process that Ben didn't vote with Chrissy/Ryan. I wonder if Mike will believe that Lauren has an extra vote when he comes back. Clearly she didn't play one, but will he believe it was a lie as a part of their plan, or that she actually has one but didn't use it which she does.

That episode was pretty solid in a season that's been really lackluster so far(we couldn't even get any drama out of 11 people casting 10 votes because not even Chrissy can do that math apparently). Could save the season.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
That episode was pretty solid in a season that's been really lackluster so far(we couldn't even get any drama out of 11 people casting 10 votes because not even Chrissy can do that math apparently). Could save the season.

Cole talks about it in his Ponderosa video, he essentially said that there was one vote left that they did not read. So they all assumed that there was a vote that Jeff didn't read because it was not needed which makes sense because they do that every tribal...

I feel like Chrissy is a female version of Russell. Her social gameplay is some of the worst I have ever seen, and always has to make snide comments to everyone. Seems like the majority of the cast dislikes her. And her comment to Joe when he was voted out, stupid for her to say that, you really think he will want to vote for you to win?

I liked Joe, you can tell he has a good heart, and is loyal to the ones hes close too. Look at how he a Mike started off and where they ended. Him and Desi seem to have a great relationship as well. Sure he pissed some people off on purpose, but it was part of his game and I'm sure he has nothing but respect for them.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I feel like Chrissy is a female version of Russell. Her social gameplay is some of the worst I have ever seen, and always has to make snide comments to everyone. Seems like the majority of the cast dislikes her. And her comment to Joe when he was voted out, stupid for her to say that, you really think he will want to vote for you to win?

That is a great analogy. She's not as odious or obnoxious.. but Chrissy has zero sense about her social game right now (so if she makes it to the final 3 and ends up with 0 votes she's going to be like i don't get it I dont understand). it's like shes so focused that she finally got on the show after 16 years she's just focused on that - not on actually playing the game of survivor.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
The best was when they showed Chrissy cozying up to Lauren at the fire. "I've always wanted to work with you"

What a snake. So glad the cameras caught that. :laugh:

Reactions: fin8

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Maybe it's just the edits shown on TV, but lately a lot of these seasons seem to involve one or two real "players" with the rest just kind of following along. They'll talk about big moves, but then come vote time they'll just vote out the original, obvious person.

I think last tribal could have been much more exciting if a]they'd voted out Ryan instead of JP, to flush the idol out (or send Ryan home with the idol in his pocket), and then b]Ashley and Devon gone ahead and blindsided Ben.

Pet peeve of mine: when the cast refers to themselves as playing a great game during their one on one with the camera.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
overall that was a pretty interesting 2hr episode. I really like the role Ben played as he played the other groups so well. It was hilarious seeing Joe being brought back down to earth after he was running his mouth around camp. I was rooting for Joe and Mike as underdogs but what the other group pulled off with inserting Ben into the group with Ryan and Krissy was phenomenally played.

I think they also did a good job in terms of voting out JP who was a physical player and flushing Ryans idol. I don't think ryan has the capability to win a physical challenge (JMO).

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I don't mind Chrissy tbh.

JP, easily one of the top 10 most useless Survivor players of all time. I'm not sure he even understood what he was suppose to do in the game.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't mind Chrissy tbh.

JP, easily one of the top 10 most useless Survivor players of all time. I'm not sure he even understood what he was suppose to do in the game.

Sometimes it depends on the edit they gave him. From our (television viewer) perspective, JP did nothing. But the edit might just have not bothered showing any of his strategy talk.

----

In regards to Ryan, I think he made two fatal mistakes midway through the game.

1-Telling Devon, his closest ally and ride-or-die, that he was the only one who knew about the secret idol, then immediately telling Ben about it. He essentially caused his closest ally to doubt his word.

2-Shutting Mike down completely when Mike wanted to discuss strategy with him. Even if Ryan felt his alliance of 7 was strong and Mike was a dead man walking, you NEVER say no outright to someone who is willing to talk, for no other reason than to always keep your options open. Not to mention if they end up on jury, they'll probably think more favorably of you if you at least came across as approachable rather than some dick who didn't give them the time of day until you needed them.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Cole talks about it in his Ponderosa video, he essentially said that there was one vote left that they did not read. So they all assumed that there was a vote that Jeff didn't read because it was not needed which makes sense because they do that every tribal...

I saw that Pondarosa video. But that tribal ended in a tie, when has Jeff ever not read all the votes when it was a tie? Never. The only votes Jeff doesn't end up reading are extra unnecessary votes for the person who gets sent home once they already have enough to send them home regardless of what those votes read.

I was stunned when I watched that Pondarosa and heard they assumed Jeff left 1 vote unread when it ended in a 4 to 4 tie. He even said during the reading(though I can forgive the contestants for not remembering every word) "I'll read the last vote".

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
She also really shouldnt have mentioned to Ben when she saw the idol clue. I'll never understand why people do that.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Lauren why... You could have just given him some random shell.

She also really shouldnt have mentioned to Ben when she saw the idol clue. I'll never understand why people do that.

Yeah she really ****ed up tonight. It's too bad because she was playing a pretty good game up until that point. I thought she was one of the top winner contenders tbh

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Yeah so did I. I think Devon will win now.

Devon's my top contender too (I hope he wins).
I think Ben's the second most likely and I think there's a slight possibility of Mike falling ass backwards into a win.

I'd be surprised if Chrissy, Ryan or Ashley won, but I could be wrong. This is the most unsure I've been about a winner in a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad