TV: Survivor: Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers Discussion

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
More twists and advantages next season. Of course...

According to jeff. this is why they are doing fire-offs in the final four now. and I quote from Probst himself

"This idea came about to solve a problem that has bothered me for years. If someone plays a great game and gets to the final four, it has always bothered me that the other three can simply say, “We can’t beat him, so let’s all just vote him out.” - ew.com

considering that is the entire point of the whole flipping show...

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
According to jeff. this is why they are doing fire-offs in the final four now. and I quote from Probst himself

"This idea came about to solve a problem that has bothered me for years. If someone plays a great game and gets to the final four, it has always bothered me that the other three can simply say, “We can’t beat him, so let’s all just vote him out.” - ew.com

considering that is the entire point of the whole flipping show...

Exactly. The whole point of the show is to not get voted out. If you can't avoid that you don't deserve to win.

I also him talk about how it allows contestants to "earn a spot in the final three." Uhhh...isn't that the point of the final immunity challenge?

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Exactly. The whole point of the show is to not get voted out. If you can't avoid that you don't deserve to win.

I also him talk about how it allows contestants to "earn a spot in the final three." Uhhh...isn't that the point of the final immunity challenge?

I wish Jeff would just flat out come out and say it he doesn't like the cerebral part of the show (and when I say cerebral, i mean just that. not the big flashy moves, but they come out and they do their thing and they can be "a bit boring" but they can play survivor very well." and if you're not sassy funny woman (so basically, Dawn) you suck and his ideal survivor winner is ben, mike holloway, Malcolm, Joe.

its no secret the reason why the show went from Final 2 to Final 3 was because Jeff was pissed that Deitz got voted out at 3. at the time they kept saying it was prevent taking the obvious goat - and I always argued, no it hasn't. it basically just meant you were giving the goat the third place prize money (or in terms of complete blow outs which have been more and more now), second place money.

if you look at the numbers (and the circumstances of the season) of Final 2 vs. the Final 3 - there have been more blowouts in a Final 3 than there have ever been in a final 2. (which: 5 out of I just did this in the other place I post, but i can't remember). but one was Amazon (Matthew was never winning), one was Pearl Islands (Lil was never winning. I'd argue the Outcast person wouldn't have, but I think Burton could have made a good argument), Tocantins (Stephen BLEW it), Guatemala: (Stephanie had a horrible game and Rafe quit), and Palau (because Ian quit).

Does Dani blow out Rafe? (No).
Does JT blow out Stephen if Stephen doesn't turn into a sap? (maybe. i mean. JT had voodoo on that season)
If it's Rob v. Jenna is it a blowout (no, but Rob does win).
and no way does Tom blow out Ian. (I think it's a 4-3).

but the amount of sweeps. or like. not even close victories in a F3 is nuts.

now jeff is saying well it's not fair that they get voted out? then why not just eliminate the jury all together and just do fire challenges until you crown someone it would be a lot faster and cheaper than doing an entire production for 13 episodes.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just watched the finale. Happy that Ben won but that final 4 switch does feel really fishy, and it's really dumb that they're going to continue it. You can basically make the final tribal now by not winning any immunity challenges, nor having any strategic game. Idols down to 5 I've been fine with, but at least force people to win an immunity, or manage to avoid the final 4 vote. I have no problem with the 3 idols in a row. Perhaps they should hide them tougher, but it's been fair game for a while that once one is played another goes into play. If Ben wants to look all night while the rest of the group doesn't seem to care about it then all the power to him.

After the first episode Ben was my favorite to win, but I turned on him shortly after that. Since around the merge or shortly after he started to win me back over though. But I didn't really think he had much of a chance to get to the end.

I was impressed with the jury, they didn't seem to be really bitter, and all the players arguments were pretty solid. I know people don't like the "I'm a vet with PTSD, give me the money" sphiel, but if it helps cause 1 person to vote for you because they want you to have the money more it's fair game. In a world where everyone votes for the best game I don't care, but it a world where juries can and will sometimes be bitter, hoping someone gives you the money because you have a nice story could help too.

The reunion was a total farce however. It was a total Ben show, and they talked to like 4 people. I'm slightly disappointed there wasn't a tie, thought I had that one read correctly, oh well. Maybe next time

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I was good with either Devon or Ben winning TBH. I was disappointed when Ben lost that final challenge, but hopeful that Devon would win. When Ben took Devon out it was bitter sweet. Devon IMO definitely cemented himself as having the 2nd best game(or best if you think he beats Ben) with the very simple but oh so effective move of tossing the vote on Mike to save himself in case of an idol when everyone seemed to be completely careful that Ben wouldn't continue finding them. And then having Chrissy and Ryan save him when he was realistically a bigger target at the end(I assume they did that because they thought Devon had a better chance to beat Ben in the next challenge)

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Damnnnnn. If Ben won that immunity I could see Devon winning the whole thing.
If Ben won immunity the secret advantage would've been "choose two people to come to final 3 with you" lol. I think Devon would've won too.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
  1. Ben finds an idol at his loved ones interview location. Production picks where they interview.
  2. Ben finds an idol that there is no footage of.
  3. Ben gets Probst to confirm to the tribe that his idol is real even though it's against the rules.
  4. Ben finds an idol at the Final 5 under a boat, where the clue could have been rendered useless if someone had moved it. It's also the place Ben is interviewed the most.
  5. Ben is given a fire making challenge to stay in the game even though this 'advantage' for Chrissie was never announced during pregame or during the game itself.

From reddit. Seems like Survivor is slowly turning into BB.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
  1. Ben finds an idol at his loved ones interview location. Production picks where they interview.
  2. Ben finds an idol that there is no footage of.
  3. Ben gets Probst to confirm to the tribe that his idol is real even though it's against the rules.
  4. Ben finds an idol at the Final 5 under a boat, where the clue could have been rendered useless if someone had moved it. It's also the place Ben is interviewed the most.
  5. Ben is given a fire making challenge to stay in the game even though this 'advantage' for Chrissie was never announced during pregame or during the game itself.

From reddit. Seems like Survivor is slowly turning into BB.

why would that be against the rules?
what's the rule saying you can't get it confirmed? I'm struggling with my Survivorpedia but i never heard Jeff ever say he wouldn't.... oooohhhhhhh. wait. yeah. yeah..

Jaime. he didn't confirm her (fake) idol was fake until after the votes were cast and she basically embarrassed herself. so there is precedent here

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
why would that be against the rules?
what's the rule saying you can't get it confirmed? I'm struggling with my Survivorpedia but i never heard Jeff ever say he wouldn't.... oooohhhhhhh. wait. yeah. yeah..

Jaime. he didn't confirm her (fake) idol was fake until after the votes were cast and she basically embarrassed herself. so there is precedent here
Also in WA Mike asked Jeff if he could confirm the fake idol Joe gave to him but he told him he could not confirm it at that time.

Olvast

Sep 12, 2011
A somewhat bitter taste from three hidden immunities in a row for Ben... he probably played the best game up until final 6, but after that he only survived because of advantages. New idol at final 5 is too late IMHO. Same thing also happened a couple of season's ago. It was bad then, it was bad now. Feels like production has too much say who's in the final three.

I think Devon (or maybe Chrissy) should've been the winner this time.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Also in WA Mike asked Jeff if he could confirm the fake idol Joe gave to him but he told him he could not confirm it at that time.

someone said that it's not "cheating" because Jaime/Mike asked for verification.
Ben actually played.

i guess that's maybe splitting hairs. but. (shrug)

Olvast

Sep 12, 2011
Did this season get any better towards the end?

I tuned out after smoking hot Desi got voted out. Anything interesting happen that would make it worth binging?

It did get a bit better towards the end, but still it ended up being an average season overall. Not bad, but definately not amongst the best.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
LOL, i just watched the finale. What a joke.

So f***ing rigged. I love how Jeff had to throw that line in "oh and this will be back next season" because they knew everyone could see how obvious the rigging was.

Ok Ben,we get it, you're doing it for your family, so is everyone else. We get it, you have PTSD, we get it, we get it.

Chrissy got robbed, Devon got robbed.. oh well.

Easily top 3 worst season.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
If I had a dime for every time this season I yelled at the tv "follow Ben", I'd be rich. Everyone else lost it more than Ben won it. How can you let Ben walk off to find an idol constantly like that? He was given a life line though and I'm not sure I like it. Ben made no friends and that is a part of the game. Chrissy played the complete game and deserved to win. Her four immunity wins in a row were clutch and her alliance the entire season with a weak player in Ryan was smart as hell. She would've beat Devon because she controlled the game.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
If I had a dime for every time this season I yelled at the tv "follow Ben", I'd be rich. Everyone else lost it more than Ben won it. How can you let Ben walk off to find an idol constantly like that? He was given a life line though and I'm not sure I like it. Ben made no friends and that is a part of the game. Chrissy played the complete game and deserved to win. Her four immunity wins in a row were clutch and her alliance the entire season with a weak player in Ryan was smart as hell. She would've beat Devon because she controlled the game.
You say Ben made no friends but Chrissy probably had the least friends on the jury... You say Chrissy would beat Devon because she "controlled" the game yet Devon was on the correct side of votes more and was never really a target

Reactions: I am the Liquor

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
You say Ben made no friends but Chrissy probably had the least friends on the jury... You say Chrissy would beat Devon because she "controlled" the game yet Devon was on the correct side of votes more and was never really a target

Who on the jury didn't like her? Nobody that I can recall went off on her at all during the final tribal and most of them were actually nice to her. Maybe the only one who didn't like her was that red neck sailor but I can't imagine that woman has any friends in the real world.

Ben played the PTSD card over and over and it won it for him, plain and simple. Grats for using that to win a million.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I agree with Probst on the fire making twist. I hate that those left can get someone out at the last minute because they can't beat him. It's bugged me for years as well. Did seem a little made up to give Ben a deserved last chance, but at least they will continue it.

The jurors didn't have to vote for Ben and Ben could have lost the fire challenge.

Reactions: fin8

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Who on the jury didn't like her? Nobody that I can recall went off on her at all during the final tribal and most of them were actually nice to her. Maybe the only one who didn't like her was that red neck sailor but I can't imagine that woman has any friends in the real world.

Ben played the PTSD card over and over and it won it for him, plain and simple. Grats for using that to win a million.
Desi, Cole, Joe, Lauren all mentioned in their exit interviews that they did not like Chrissy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad