TV: Survivor: Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers Discussion

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Thoughts on the premier?

Thought it was alright, a little rushed with the 60 minutes premier. I think it enjoy it more with 2 tribe starts.

Also, if you have time everyone should check out the second (4th) seasons of Australian Survivor. Has some amazing players, and one of my favourites of all time. Easily a top 10, probably top 5 seasons so far.

Reactions: BlackStar

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Is it just me, or were these tribes incredibly dumb in terms of the start off. None of the tribes sent someone to get the boat close to the ship right away. Instead they were just tossing baskets of fruit directly off the boat, and in total, probably wasted half the stuff there.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Episode was definitely rushed. I feel like Survivor premieres should be at least 90 minutes long. I mean we barely got to know most of the cast. Katrina has to be one the most invisible first boots ever.

Best part of the episode was definitely Alan. He's such a train wreck. :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Episode was definitely rushed. I feel like Survivor premieres should be at least 90 minutes long. I mean we barely got to know most of the cast. Katrina has to be one the most invisible first boots ever.

Best part of the episode was definitely Alan. He's such a train wreck. :laugh:

From Josh in BB, to Alan in Survivor, I always seem to pick the crazy guys in reality pools :laugh:

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Alan is definitely strange. I like how he made it interesting though haha.
Idk how to do the spoiler tag thing so;
Spoilers!!
Why did Chrissy not use the idol to save (what I thought was) her only friend?

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Diddy, I agree with you the puzzling non use of the idol. I'm thinking when she next on the chopping block (and she is), she can show this idol and tell others I'm going to use it, so you better vote for someone else. Of course the idol has no power, but the others don't know it.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
1. It would make her a target going against the majority that early.
2. She already knows theres potential cracks, plus she voted Katrina herself.
3. If she uses the idol, then its still 3v2 and again, she puts a target on her back.
4. She could use that idol in the future to try and fake people out.

Shes smart, she knows what shes doing.

Reactions: Oilpeg

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
1. It would make her a target going against the majority that early.
2. She already knows theres potential cracks, plus she voted Katrina herself.
3. If she uses the idol, then its still 3v2 and again, she puts a target on her back.
4. She could use that idol in the future to try and fake people out.

Shes smart, she knows what shes doing.

To your #4 - she can't. that idol was only good for the First Tribal Council. So she would have used it to save herself, but I think there must have been a solidified we are going to vote off Katrina vibe (that she went along with) so there was no need.

3: The target would already be on her back. and It would be easier to swing, one than it is to swing two.

I dont know if Alan is deliberately crazy, or just went full on Island Paranoid You would also think people would realise not to be so obvious about being a power couple - especially with six people. you can hide better with 8-10 people but with six? no sir.

I also get so tired of the "oh they are moms/dads they are weak" diatribe. at least be honest, flat out say you don't want to work with old people. Nothing Katrina/Chrissy indicated that they couldn't keep up. The reason why they lost wasn't due to strength - it was due that their ball didn't go into the hole fast enough

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I think when he says fake them out he means that she can try and use the idol to trick people into thinking she has one even though it is no good.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Yeah I just assumed she'd use it then get Sarah out. I'd say it wouldn't take much to sway Alan. Using the idol to fake people out is interesting though I'm skeptical if it works. In the end at least it could be a nice souvenir for her.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Yeah I just assumed she'd use it then get Sarah out. I'd say it wouldn't take much to sway Alan. Using the idol to fake people out is interesting though I'm skeptical if it works. In the end at least it could be a nice souvenir for her.

I think it would work on Alan and drive him crazy lol. I cant see him sticking around to long.

As for the premier it felt rushed. I didn't get a real good read/feel for the players yet. I think my favorite would have to be the skinny hustler but that is because they gave him a lot of camera time.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
To your #4 - she can't. that idol was only good for the First Tribal Council. So she would have used it to save herself, but I think there must have been a solidified we are going to vote off Katrina vibe (that she went along with) so there was no need.

3: The target would already be on her back. and It would be easier to swing, one than it is to swing two.

I dont know if Alan is deliberately crazy, or just went full on Island Paranoid You would also think people would realise not to be so obvious about being a power couple - especially with six people. you can hide better with 8-10 people but with six? no sir.

I also get so tired of the "oh they are moms/dads they are weak" diatribe. at least be honest, flat out say you don't want to work with old people. Nothing Katrina/Chrissy indicated that they couldn't keep up. The reason why they lost wasn't due to strength - it was due that their ball didn't go into the hole fast enough
I'm not saying literally use it, I'm saying that she could show it to people and be like look, I'm not going anywhere, go ahead and vote for me if you want but I'll just play this.

And yeah she would only have to swing one person, but she would still probably be viewed as not being trust worthy. Also, getting out Katrina should theoretically make their tribe stronger.

Edit: Based on interviews it seems like Katrina was never even close with Chrissy. Chrissy is most likely already in with Alan and Ben, hence no need to do anything. Don't always believe the edit people.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm not saying literally use it, I'm saying that she could show it to people and be like look, I'm not going anywhere, go ahead and vote for me if you want but I'll just play this.

And yeah she would only have to swing one person, but she would still probably be viewed as not being trust worthy. Also, getting out Katrina should theoretically make their tribe stronger.

theoretically. but Katrina didn't show any kind of detriment to the tribe losing. it's just a bug for me. like say you voted her out because you don't like her - not because she weakens the tribe. (I swear everyone needs to watch Survivor Palau just so the "young tribe of buff-heads" doesn't necessarily = victory)

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
I'v also been watching Australian Survivor. This season has been amazing. It's truly one of the greatest Survivor seasons of all time. Other than MAYBE Heroes vs Villains, I don't think there's been a more impressive cast in Survivor history. I can name at least 8 really good players from this season. Last season was pretty good too. But this season is just on another level.

Last night's premiere, though, was a little underwhelming for me. The cast is less than exciting, so far. The editing was one of the worst I've ever seen from the show, even though the poor pacing is due to them only having an hour for this season's premiere. Maybe I'm a little harsh because of just how good Australian Survivor has been so far, but I hope the season isn't as underwhelming as it appears to be after first impressions.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I'v also been watching Australian Survivor. This season has been amazing. It's truly one of the greatest Survivor seasons of all time. Other than MAYBE Heroes vs Villains, I don't think there's been a more impressive cast in Survivor history. I can name at least 8 really good players from this season. Last season was pretty good too. But this season is just on another level.

Last night's premiere, though, was a little underwhelming for me. The cast is less than exciting, so far. The editing was one of the worst I've ever seen from the show, even though the poor pacing is due to them only having an hour for this season's premiere. Maybe I'm a little harsh because of just how good Australian Survivor has been so far, but I hope the season isn't as underwhelming as it appears to be after first impressions.

A.K. is probably the best strategist I've seen EVER.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Was pretty disappointed with only an hour premier. Seemed pretty rushed and we barely got to know any of the players.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I don't dislike many people so far which is nice, much more enjoyable. Only two people I don't like is the NFL player and the parole officer. The red head is an absolute nut job which is hilarious.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Jasmine just seemed like a terrible player haha. Can someone tell me what makes Chrissy a "hero"? I think she said she was a mom but I mean, come on. She does seem like a good player. Not using that idol seems to have worked for her.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->