TV: Survivor Ghost Island General Discussion

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
That was a solid season. I was happy with either Dom or Wendell winning.

Would have been epic if Dom gave Ang the idol and went head to head against Wendell for fire.

Man, Sebastian was ridiculous, was plotting to take out Dom, Dom found out, and put a stop to it, and then Sebastian acted like Dom verbally abused him or something. Then Kellyn was acting all mad about it.

God, I hate Kellyn

Yeah, SeaBass was so dumb there. Same with Laurel. They've been saying for 3 weeks now that they were looking for a good time to take Dom/Wendell out but never did it. Seabass could've done something earlier, could've at least used his advantage last night.

Laurel is the worst really. She's been with Donathan the whole time and they had discussions about taking WenDom everyweek. Don was going for it but she backed out every time, last tribal again when she voted SeaBass.

As much as I didn't like Dom and Wendell, I am happy that the jury voted for who was deserving the most and not a popularity contest. Laurel had no right to win this thing, good thing Ang lost the fire challenge, what a goat.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Great and entertaining season. It was fun to watch Dom and Wendell juggernaut all the way to the end in dominate fashion. I felt Dom deserved it a bit more but Wendell's last play by giving Laurel the immunity really was the difference in the social game. Crazy to think that one small gesture helped him in the end.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Nutty ending.

I wonder if Wendell giving her his immunity idol sealed him the win.

Great and entertaining season. It was fun to watch Dom and Wendell juggernaut all the way to the end in dominate fashion. I felt Dom deserved it a bit more but Wendell's last play by giving Laurel the immunity really was the difference in the social game. Crazy to think that one small gesture helped him in the end.

Sure... OK.... But its like she forgot Dom chose to take her to final tribal for the winner vote... ya know, the most important damn place to get to...

I liked Wendell but Dom deserved it.

The whining over his fake idol play was ridiculous.
Best Survivor game move I've seen in a long time!

That was probably the greatest individual game I’ve seen someone play....and a bitter jury costs him a million dollars.

That move with the fake idol was pure brilliance. A shame they can’t appreciate it.

I'm so tired of someone else winning as a direct result of a bitter jury... whether its Survivor or Big Brother it now seems to be the norm - which makes me want to watch the shows less. Wendell played a great game but so did Dom and in the end Dom had the last big move(s).. to me thats what made him the clear winner.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Sure... OK.... But its like she forgot Dom chose to take her to final tribal for the winner vote... ya know, the most important damn place to get to...

Best Survivor game move I've seen in a long time!

I'm so tired of someone else winning as a direct result of a bitter jury... whether its Survivor or Big Brother it now seems to be the norm - which makes me want to watch the shows less. Wendell played a great game but so did Dom and in the end Dom had the last big move(s).. to me thats what made him the clear winner.

Dom did take her to the final three but he only did so based on the fact that he believed her fire making skills to be inferior to the other lady vs Wendell. So yes he did take her to the final three but not due to loyalty, friendship or gratitude.

It was a phenomenal game move, probably the best I have seen since Hantz duped Tyson.

Half the jury was bitter. I agree that Dom should of won but that is the social aspect I guess.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Dom did take her to the final three but he only did so based on the fact that he believed her fire making skills to be inferior to the other lady vs Wendell. So yes he did take her to the final three but not due to loyalty, friendship or gratitude.

I don't disagree with what you're saying. I'm sure it had something to do with it..

I'm just saying a Yale graduate should have realized that Dom - and only Dom - allowed her the chance to win a $1 million dollars by making her apart of the final 3. Thats the bottom line of it.

Without that - she's losing a fire challenge to Wendell and as a result gets NO SHOT at even swaying a jury into somehow thinking she deserved to be the winner.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
After re-watching FTC, I really hope Michael gets another play. Was dealt a really shit hand, and I think he knows what it takes to win. Throughout the FTC, he’s questioning their game moves and isn’t worried about emotions or loyalty.

Reactions: TorMenT

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I was fine with either guy winning but I preferred Wendell.

Kellyn is beyond annoying. She was so bitter at final tribal.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Thought Dom played the better game, but I'm not mad that Wendell won. They were two of the only really likeable people this season. Really impressed that Chris put his differences aside with Dom and voted for him. Gained some respect back for him. Like Michael a lot too. Absolute class act.

Agree on Kellyn. Stay far away from marrying one like that. Absolutely spiteful, bitter person.

Reactions: TorMenT

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Dom deserved the win in my opinion. I couldn't believe how absolutely salty the jury was about Dom convincing everyone that his fake idol was real to stop the vote on him. A pure gamble to save his REAL idol. Phenomenal play by him, though I thought some could see through it and vote for him anyways. Either way, he sold it very well. I couldn't believe it seemed like almost the entire jury thought it was trashy. Like really? Do you really not understand how good and risky of a play that was?

Dom played a great game, but at least the 2nd best player one.

Worst player in the entire game was Laurel by far. Absolute best spot in the game, and never once took advantage of it. Then tried to sell it at the end miserably.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
They weren't salty about his fake idol. they didn't appreciate the way he went about it. Sea bass eluded that he was being a complete d bag to him the entire tribal council which was really unnecessary. A lot of them referred to him as a bully.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
They weren't salty about his fake idol. they didn't appreciate the way he went about it. Sea bass eluded that he was being a complete d bag to him the entire tribal council which was really unnecessary. A lot of them referred to him as a bully.

That's why I said the jury was salty about HOW Dom convinced everyone about the idol. I should have been more clear I guess. I understand they thought of him as a bully, but if they can't look back and see how he had to portray it that way to ensure he stayed alive in the game with his real idol, then clearly they aren't capable of winning the game (obviously). Dom played it great.

I like how Chris and Michael were the most level-headed of the jurors. I thought Michael played a REALLY good game considering the absolutely horrible hand he was dealt and like many have said, would love to see him back for another season at some point.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That was a great move by Dom.

It’s annoying we can’t really have great moves and great players anymore because as soon as someone needs to upset other players due to a move, it’s held against them, rather than the people being able to say “yeah, that was good”.

I loved how, I think it was Chris interrupted Sebastian being like “Well, did it work” and he sorta sat there and was like “Yeah” and then I think Kellyn was like “it was HOW he did it”

It’s annoying

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I don't think there has been a contestant that annoyed me to the extent Kellyn did for as long as I can remember. I just assume she is the kind of person that goes on rages about micro aggression's on twitter the way she sounded like she was trying to convince Sebastian he was offended by that move.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Thought Dom played the better game, but I'm not mad that Wendell won. They were two of the only really likeable people this season. Really impressed that Chris put his differences aside with Dom and voted for him. Gained some respect back for him. Like Michael a lot too. Absolute class act.

Agree on Kellyn. Stay far away from marrying one like that. Absolutely spiteful, bitter person.
WHen Chris was voted out, didn't he shake Dom's hand after and said something like good game?

Future returning players would be?? Dom,Chris,Michael.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Hindsight and all that, but I bet Dom regrets not doing the fire making with Wendell, he would've gotten an unanimous vote between if it was him and the two girls. Not only could he talk about his game before that, but then explaining that he risked a spot in the top 3 to take out his biggest competition, even the haters would have to vote for him

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
and another season where the clear deserving winner loses

happening a lot lately
I can't possibly disagree with you any more than I do.

The point of the game is to get your peers to vote for you to win $1,000,000. It isn't to make strategic moves, or to win challenges... those just help get your further in the game and to plead your case.

I thought that Dom played a more exciting game, and I was cheering for him, but it was obvious that when Laurel had a chance to vote that Wendell would be winning. Why? He was closer to her and won her vote, which is what the point of the game is.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I can't possibly disagree with you any more than I do.

The point of the game is to get your peers to vote for you to win $1,000,000. It isn't to make strategic moves, or to win challenges... those just help get your further in the game and to plead your case.

I thought that Dom played a more exciting game, and I was cheering for him, but it was obvious that when Laurel had a chance to vote that Wendell would be winning. Why? He was closer to her and won her vote, which is what the point of the game is.

If that was the case there would be no undeserving winners in either Big Brother or Survivor and that is simply not the case.

That said, Wendell and Dom both deserved to win. The only wrong answer was Laurel.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
If that was the case there would be no undeserving winners in either Big Brother or Survivor and that is simply not the case.

That said, Wendell and Dom both deserved to win. The only wrong answer was Laurel.

IMO that IS the case though. The goal of the game is ultimately to get the most votes from the jury. No matter how much people complain about certain winners, it doesn't change the fact that they're still the winner. There's no concrete definition of what a Survivor winner should be. It's ultimately up to each jury member's subjective opinion. If they want to vote based on emotions, they have that right. If they want to vote based on who was the most aggressive and strategic, they can also do that. Some winners win based on their strategic prowess, some on their social games, some based on a combination of those and other factors. Survivor's a social experiment that won't end the same way every time. I find that it helps to keep the show interesting.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
IMO that IS the case though. The goal of the game is ultimately to get the most votes from the jury. No matter how much people complain about certain winners, it doesn't change the fact that they're still the winner. There's no concrete definition of what a Survivor winner should be. It's ultimately up to each jury member's subjective opinion. If they want to vote based on emotions, they have that right. If they want to vote based on who was the most aggressive and strategic, they can also do that. Some winners win based on their strategic prowess, some on their social games, some based on a combination of those and other factors. Survivor's a social experiment that won't end the same way every time. I find that it helps to keep the show interesting.

That's fine, and ultimatley it is a subjective thing.

However, they aren't just social experiements. The premise is yeah, a social experiment. How will people react when locked into a house, or placed on an island together. However, it's still a game, or a competition, within that experiment.

The Jury decides who wins the game. However, they do not necessarily decide who deserves to win. Those are two different things. Just like in the Court System, a jury ultimatley decides ones fate/verdict, even if that decision isn't always the right or deserved verdict/fate.

For example, in the most recent season if Big Brother U.S, many people would admit that Paul deserved to win, however due to not owning up to the things he did to deserve to win, he ended up losing. That doesn't take away the fact that he deserved to win, it's just the jury felt Paul didn't give them the answers they wanted in order to support him to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad