TV: Survivor Ghost Island General Discussion

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
That's fine, and ultimatley it is a subjective thing.

However, they aren't just social experiements. The premise is yeah, a social experiment. How will people react when locked into a house, or placed on an island together. However, it's still a game, or a competition, within that experiment.

The Jury decides who wins the game. However, they do not necessarily decide who deserves to win. Those are two different things. Just like in the Court System, a jury ultimatley decides ones fate/verdict, even if that decision isn't always the right or deserved verdict/fate.

For example, in the most recent season if Big Brother U.S, many people would admit that Paul deserved to win, however due to not owning up to the things he did to deserve to win, he ended up losing. That doesn't take away the fact that he deserved to win, it's just the jury felt Paul didn't give them the answers they wanted in order to support him to win.

Which is part of the game and a huge blunder on his part.

Wendell had a better social game, it was evident. You're not going to win if people don't like you, look at Russell. Everyone knows that. Michael was extremely annoying at the final tribal council basically telling people to disregard the social impact that Wendell had on people. And it's not like Wendell was some dope in the gaming aspect of things.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Wendell had a better social game, it was evident. You're not going to win if people don't like you, look at Russell. Everyone knows that. Michael was extremely annoying at the final tribal council basically telling people to disregard the social impact that Wendell had on people. And it's not like Wendell was some dope in the gaming aspect of things.

I'm not saying it wasn't a blunder. I'm saying it doesn't take away the fact that he was a deserving winner.

I have no issue with Wendell winning. I thought both Dom & Wendell deserved to win. My point was that it was painful to watch Seabass and Kellyn take such offense over the game move by Dom, that worked, even when it was pointed out, and Seabass admitted that it worked.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Speaking of Paul:

The latest duo to join the new season of "The Amazing Race" once viciously competed against each other on "Big Brother," and now they'll be battling for $1 million.
TMZ has learned ... Josh Martinez and Paul Abrahamian are teaming up for the "Big Brother" mash-up season of 'Race.' They were on season 19 of 'BB,' which Josh ended up winning the $500k grand prize ... and Paul came in second.

How entertaining is that duo going to be LMAO.

Reactions: mmalady and Deen

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I'm not saying it wasn't a blunder. I'm saying it doesn't take away the fact that he was a deserving winner.

I have no issue with Wendell winning. I thought both Dom & Wendell deserved to win. My point was that it was painful to watch Seabass and Kellyn take such offense over the game move by Dom, that worked, even when it was pointed out, and Seabass admitted that it worked.

agreed but this seems to happen a lot in BB and Survivor. Those that are tricked or embarrassed on national TV seem to get a little bit salty even though the game move made is epic.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
agreed but this seems to happen a lot in BB and Survivor. Those that are tricked or embarrassed on national TV seem to get a little bit salty even though the game move made is epic.

Exactly. I find that offputting. Don't go on the show if you won't be able to appreciate moves like that, even if they are made against you

Reactions: tacogeoff

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Exactly. I find that offputting. Don't go on the show if you won't be able to appreciate moves like that, even if they are made against you

agreed but it has to be very difficult to screen contestants to see how salty they would become once voted out lol. human nature is so unpredictable.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Kellyn will go down as one of the most annoying players on Survivor for me. Such a little whinny snowflake who expected everything to be given to her and when something didn't she threw a fit. Whoever this mystery ex husband of her is (which she decided to bring up every other episode), he lucked out getting out of that relationship!

Oh and Seb is a complete DUMBASS.

Wanted Dom to win but Wendell played just as good of game as him so I was satisfied with the ending.

Hopefully they bring a few players back from this season, Chris and Mike.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
I felt like Dom deserved the win and, yeah, Kellyn seemed borderline psychotic. I just went through the contestant list and was somewhat surprised how young the cast was. Solid season all in all.

Reactions: Gains

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Seabass was voting for Wendell no matter what. He said they had a very tight bond. So even if Dom did do all that stuff he still wasn't getting his vote.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The thing I was trying to figure out was what did Dom even do to Kellyn to make her so vindictive against him? I mean was she just inserting herself into what happened to Seabastian or did something actually happen there that I missed? Because she seemed more upset about it then Sebastian himself.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
The thing I was trying to figure out was what did Dom even do to Kellyn to make her so vindictive against him? I mean was she just inserting herself into what happened to Seabastian or did something actually happen there that I missed? Because she seemed more upset about it then Sebastian himself.
With the donathan vote out, he just kept on harassing him over and over again. He said to him that since donathan was such a huge fan of the show he would let him pick what idol he would play. Donathan was on the verge of tears.

You can think what you want about that, but obviously kellyn felt it was taken to far.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
With the donathan vote out, he just kept on harassing him over and over again. He said to him that since donathan was such a huge fan of the show he would let him pick what idol he would play. Donathan was on the verge of tears.

You can think what you want about that, but obviously kellyn felt it was taken to far.

I wouldn't say Dom was "harassing" him at all. Donathan was saying all of his stuff, Dom then laid out what his plan was piece by piece, asked if Donathan had anything to say, Donathan said something about loaded pockets, so then Dom went on to take out both the idols, Wendell took out his, and Dom gave his fake one to Jeff.

That was a typical case of someone all excited because they thought they were going to pull off an epic move, and then upset because it got turned on them. Think about it, if Donathan and Seabass pull that off, it's very possible that they are sitting in the Final 3 and one of them wins a Million Dollars.

Based on what I saw of them that season, I'm not surprised at all that Donathan, SeaBass and Kellyn (for some reason) took it personally rather than just what it was, a game move, and a show that Dom needed to put on in order to use his fake idol successfully.

That's one thing I think was a bit overlooked. Dom wasn't JUST shooting down their plan and being a dick about out, he had his own move to pull off.

Reactions: tacogeoff

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Huh? There was no harassing.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
That was probably the greatest individual game I’ve seen someone play....and a bitter jury costs him a million dollars.

That move with the fake idol was pure brilliance. A shame they can’t appreciate it.

why do you think it was bitter?
jury management is a part of winning.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
why do you think it was bitter?
jury management is a part of winning.

No they are just bitter whinny snowflakes. You would think Dom was out there stabbing people in the heart as they slept the way they reacted. Compared to other players over the season Dom played an extremely civil game.

You could see who wasn't babies on there like Chris and Mike who understand it's a damn game and they got beat. They weren't crying about it and gave props to those who played a better game than them.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
That was a great move by Dom.

It’s annoying we can’t really have great moves and great players anymore because as soon as someone needs to upset other players due to a move, it’s held against them, rather than the people being able to say “yeah, that was good”.

I loved how, I think it was Chris interrupted Sebastian being like “Well, did it work” and he sorta sat there and was like “Yeah” and then I think Kellyn was like “it was HOW he did it”

It’s annoying

that's been the case since season 1 though. like goodness people were whinging about alliances once upon a time, and how evil they were. There have been a lot of really arrogant play regarding idols - and those people have won (probably because they were capable of massaging some egos) - again that's jury management. Cirie was capable of ripping off huge move, after huge move and no one even touched her. (like remember the only reason why she lost gamechangers because everyone else had a damned idol (still so flaming bitter about that one) and that was after she tried to vote Sarah off with her own advantage). There have been people who said "yah good move bro" and then voted for the other person because they were still salty.

there have been some real bitter juries and the reason for this new format (which... i'm sort of getting used to but i hate the whole Outwit/OutLast/OutPlay format, because it's dumb), was due to the one where... Michele? won (that's the one with Scott and Jason right). was to eliminate that.

I liked the move (and i think in things like that you do have to be super duper in your face to convince people it's the truth, but i also think, especially anyone who claims to be a "super fan" should know that #9-10-11 to be added to the jury are going to be the most salty. mostly because those are the people who thought they were the 1-2 -3 and oops, no they are not)

with Kellyn's "how he did it." I think it would have behooved Dom to pick up on that, and again stress - he needed to act like super confident he got this for it to work, because he was going to go home otherwise. it wasn't malicious. (either that or double down, because sometimes being too contrite can cost you too. it's a very fine line).

I didn't see the whole vote breakdown.
watching it (finally). I honestly thought Wendall was talking himself out of a win. that was a bad jury performance by both Laurel + Wendall and I thought Dom had won it. but Wendall won because he saved Laurel. (honestly i think he wins if Laurel was in the jury and Donathan was up there). and really this stupidness needs to stop now. Odd Jury, Final 2. you could still do the fire thing if you wanna eliminate the "i'm taking the goat" thing. (which is still stupid).

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
I think Dom taking Laurel to the finale instead of staying "Naviti strong" and choosing Angela was the nail in the coffin in Kellyn's mind

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
No they are just bitter whinny snowflakes. You would think Dom was out there stabbing people in the heart as they slept the way they reacted. Compared to other players over the season Dom played an extremely civil game.

You could see who wasn't babies on there like Chris and Mike who understand it's a damn game and they got beat. They weren't crying about it and gave props to those who played a better game than them.

again. that's jury management. there have been emotional people on the jury since Season 1 you've got to anticipate that and know how to appeal to that.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
again. that's jury management. there have been emotional people on the jury since Season 1 you've got to anticipate that and know how to appeal to that.
Maybe, but there are ALWAYS going to be people who will look at you with daggers if you got them out, regardless if you were the nicest person in the world and did nothing wrong socially in the game. You can't appeal to those people.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Maybe, but there are ALWAYS going to be people who will look at you with daggers if you got them out, regardless if you were the nicest person in the world and did nothing wrong socially in the game. You can't appeal to those people.

some people who have won, has.
like yah some people are going to vote for the other guy regardless.
some people can see it as a game.
that's why this game is so good. it's all about emotions and how you can manipulate and soothe.

i mean each their own - i just don't think this was a bitter jury.
both guys played amazing games
i see this very much like a Cook Islands decision.

Ozzy (Dom) was flash
Yul (Wendall) was cool.

both very strong
both strong cases
1 vote win.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Tribal council is often around an hour long. You see about 8 minutes of it. The edit doesn't show everything. This is coming from post season interviews.

True,but normally the major stuff (like if there was indeed harassing) going on, they would love to air. They always show the drama.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad