Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
To come out as flat as they did is inexcusable! Especially after the horrid team effort on Sunday. The same old selfish penalties continued to hurt this team tonight.

By now you would think you would know better to not take any team lightly. On top of that a team accusing you for a bounty. Where was the motivation. Instead Barrie used the motivation. And full credits to them for outplaying, out hustling, out smarting, out skating, out goaltending us all game.

This team just can’t figure it out. And really what can they do at this point? Nothing it appears. Ball is in their court. I sense trouble in Wolvesland.

WJ

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Not sure why Randy would laugh at who Gary said he would start on Friday. Can’t get much worse. Kind of insulting to Chucky. I was ready for a Krawchuck start a few weeks ago. The other guys just aren’t getting it done.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Not sure why Randy would laugh at who Gary said he would start on Friday. Can’t get much worse. Kind of insulting to Chucky. I was ready for a Krawchuck start a few weeks ago. The other guys just aren’t getting it done.
Because Randy had to believe Gary was joking. You’re right in one sense though, it can’t get much worse than the trio in wolves’ broadcasts.

Reactions: justawolfan

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I've never met a more egotistical person in Sudbury sports than Randy Pascal. He truly believes Sudbury sports would fall apart without him involved.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013

I would be happy to see Krawchuk play. The other two guys aren't consistently getting the job done and Krawchuk can't be any worse. The players seem to like him, maybe they'll play better defensively in front of him too

Because Randy had to believe Gary was joking. You’re right in one sense though, it can’t get much worse than the trio in wolves’ broadcasts.

Trio? Are you referring to Amanda Zurkowski or Nick Liard?

Reactions: Wiserbud

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Any word on Koyen is it an injury?God forbid it is anything else related to an inquiry. Just seems wierd we have heard no update pertaining to his injury. Or have we?

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
I'm all for giving Krawchuk another shot.. At least dress him. Let's not start thinking that he is the answer though. We all agree Vondy is not an OHL goalie... so the questions is WHY do they continue to dress and play him.. Say what you will about Paps and Ken, they have been around the game enough to know that he is not good. so WHY? There must be a reason..... Did they make a promise to Carolina? Does it have something to do with the agent?

In his past 6 games, for each tender.
Vandy .902, .952, .968, .920, .867, .850
Vondy- .920, .929, .800, .889, .692, 625.
Krawchuk- .882, 1.00, .846, .929, .895, .625.

Vandy and Krawchuk should be our goalies and the hot one gets the games. I have the most confidence in Vandy personally.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Seems like something changed middle of November with Vondras' game? Did the shooters just take that long to figure him out? Or was there a noticeable fall off in his game? Seemed like before Mid November he was doing ok?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I would be happy to see Krawchuk play. The other two guys aren't consistently getting the job done and Krawchuk can't be any worse. The players seem to like him, maybe they'll play better defensively in front of him too

Trio? Are you referring to Amanda Zurkowski or Nick Liard?
I think the one good thing about the quartet is that Amanda is rarely heard from while the game is in play.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Any word on Koyen is it an injury?God forbid it is anything else related to an inquiry. Just seems wierd we have heard no update pertaining to his injury. Or have we?
concussion I believe

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I'm all for giving Krawchuk another shot.. At least dress him. Let's not start thinking that he is the answer though. We all agree Vondy is not an OHL goalie... so the questions is WHY do they continue to dress and play him.. Say what you will about Paps and Ken, they have been around the game enough to know that he is not good. so WHY? There must be a reason..... Did they make a promise to Carolina? Does it have something to do with the agent?

Vandy and Krawchuk should be our goalies and the hot one gets the games. I have the most confidence in Vandy personally.
I agree, I think we have seen enough of Vondras, it is evident he's not able to play at this level at this time. I'm in for Vandenberg but not over using him. Krawchuck to back him up.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I think the one good thing about the quartet is that Amanda is rarely heard from while the game is in play.
Nick is the best of the bunch but overall their all poor announcers. Nick does the" five" games as well and he's decent( I have a subscription). But again overall the know the basics. Not very detailed calling the game. Imo

Last edited:

gordie9

Jan 27, 2024
Entering March the Wolves must finish the regular season on a strong and positive note. Starting with keeping perspective on who they might play in the first round. Consider playing all three goal tenders in the last 11 games to reduce the chance of injury and to keep them game ready if an injury or illness does occur. Practice is necessary but there is no substitute for game action. Krawchuk should have started vs the Ice Dogs and the Pete’s at home to start the process. Given the opportunity, should Krawchuk have more success than V&V, how bad would that look on Papineau & MacKenzie ? FAILING TO PEPARE IS PEPARING TO FAIL !!!

AKADonovan

Apr 30, 2014
Sudbury
Saw Konyen at the game last night. Unspecified UBI is what I was told, not by him.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
To come out as flat as they did is inexcusable! Especially after the horrid team effort on Sunday. The same old selfish penalties continued to hurt this team tonight.

By now you would think you would know better to not take any team lightly. On top of that a team accusing you for a bounty. Where was the motivation. Instead Barrie used the motivation. And full credits to them for outplaying, out hustling, out smarting, out skating, out goaltending us all game.

This team just can’t figure it out. And really what can they do at this point? Nothing it appears. Ball is in their court. I sense trouble in Wolvesland.

WJ
They are playing like a bunch of youngsters without a leader. Maybe having a coach with some impact on the players would make a difference.:)

Paps has very close connections to Carolina so I'm sure there have been some promises made.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pucks Deep

Pucks Deep

Apr 4, 2020
Zero Accountability. Different standards for certain players. This leads to tuning out a coach and divides a team. You can see it on the bench. There is no respect between coach and players.

Reactions: armchaircoaches

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Zero Accountability. Different standards for certain players. This leads to tuning out a coach and divides a team. You can see it on the bench. There is no respect between coach and players.
What are the different standards for certain players? No player on the team has any accountability. It's the one thing they are consistent on.

Reactions: dirty12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2